Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Going to ER with Ramses

Annelies

Lairian
Pffff,

Since yesterdey Ramrses was a bit letargic and not his normal-self and he thow his food up. Throwing up is normal for kitty's, i've heard, but he also has problems with his left eye. It is closed and when open, I can see the 3erd eyelid. So I called the enemerengy-vet and at 11:15 we have an appointment. The vet I spoke said that it for the cat was better, to have a look and not to wait till monday. So please keep your fingers crossed for the poor little guy....

Annelies

Lairian
Turns out Ramses has Chlamydia. The vet thought he has it from Smeagol and sometimes happens, when a new cat is placed by another, he gets ill from the virusses from the other cat. He (and Smeagol) have some antibiotics now.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope the cats feel better.
Cleo got that last year from a cat show and it was very hard to get rid of.

Annelies

Lairian
I hope the cats feel better.
Cleo got that last year from a cat show and it was very hard to get rid of.

it is really hard to get rid off, but te vet said also that I caught it very quickly and he thinks, the eye has to be better in 2-3 days.
Smeagol has no problems for so far, his antibicotics are preventive.

Ramses had thrown up again yesterday and I haven't seen hem use the litterbox. But he eats and drinks, so he had to. How can I see if he uses the litterbox. He also was a lot more active yesterday.

Annelies

Lairian
Well it is two weeks ago and monday, Ramses' eye was all yucky again. So we went to the vet (my own vet) and she gave him eye drops called Helgritin and I had to use theese for 4 - 5 days. They didn't work, the eye is still messed up. Tomorrow we'll go back to the vetWhat can I do. The poor kitty has pain in his eye, holds it close. He is eating and drinking normal btw.

Annelies

Lairian
Hey Annelies,

Maybe you could send an email to Frieda...maybe she can help out with this one :Wink:
Get well soon Ramses:Smile:

Contacted the breeder and she gave hints for medication and treatment. It sounds to her like herpes or chlamydia. I printed out the mail and wil take it to the vet tomorrow. thanks for the tip!

Back