Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Had a Geriatric move in

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So Jamie and I are cat sitting for my parents while they are away so we have my 19year old family cat Bundy staying with us for 3 weeks.
She was dropped off on Monday afternoon so it's almost been a whole week and we seem to have settled in pretty well here.

Being 19 with some kidney problems she doesn't have much want to hangout so we definitely had some hissing at Orpheus when he got too curious and wanted to play on the first few days. We are know at the point where she won't hiss at him unless he gets too close or makes her feel trapped Andhra now learnt to give her the space she wants.

She spends a lot of her time sleeping in the wardrobe but has recently started venturing out of the bedroom to explore the house and go out onto the balcony. She is eating well and taking her medicne like a champ. And is now definitely making herself at home on the bed on Jamie's side of course (he's allergic)

Although we are going well Orpheus will definitely be happy to not have his grumpy aunt staying and have his space back. He would do so well with a sibling cause he just wants to hangout with her. But he definitely needs a friend with similar energy for sure so this has definitely asserted our hope of getting him a friend at the end of the year.

Let's keep our fingers, toes and paws crossed for a painless visit.

Attachments

• mmexport1551522361604.jpg
    mmexport1551522361604.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20190309_135851.jpg
    IMG_20190309_135851.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20190309_201635.jpg
    IMG_20190309_201635.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20190305_160550.jpg
    IMG_20190305_160550.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 26

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Bless that senior baby. Glad you were able to watch her as boarding can be so stressful. Odds are you can’t hold out until the end of the year for another baby lol.

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yes I'm glad it's going well. Mum just moved and her neighbours used to watch the cats for her (Bailey passed 6months ago) and with Bundy needing medicine twice a day she didn't want to do boarding cause she is so old. So Definitely happy its going well.

I won't lie I almost said yes to a new sibling at the beginning of the year but held out haha it's so hard but hopefully the year goes as quickly as these first few months have an I can hold out haha

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Bundy is a beautiful old lady! Happy to hear she's doing well at your place. Maybe she can be a sugar auntie for Orpheus and give him a buddy to olay with;-)

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sweet lady! It’s nice that you could watch her while they’re away. We r always taking in a friend or family members pet when their away. Luna tolerates them but is not friendly to them. :)

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yes Orpheus just seems more interested than anything but Bundy isnt up for playing. But it's been a week so far and only one swatting/hissing incident which is good.
Sweet lady! It’s nice that you could watch her while they’re away. We r always taking in a friend or family members pet when their away. Luna tolerates them but is not friendly to them. :)

Back