Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

have any of you tried this cleaning trick?

LLevenson

Lairian
I've been reading that a lot of you use coconut oil to help get dirt and grime off. Coconut oil is the best!! I use it for everything, but surprisingly, I haven't tried it pre-bath on Arias. But I'll be trying it out next bath for sure!

have any of you tried using those exfoliating gloves when you bathe your fur-less babies? The breeder suggested it to me, and it takes the dirt and grime off so quickly! I also notice that it helps w/ blackheads. Arias doesn't seem to mind using the glove on his body (those of you who have little boys, don't use the gloves on the private bits! but actually, i guess the same goes for little girls too!) I get the gloves at Target but this is what they look like:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Exfoliating-Gloves-exfoliate-exfoliator-polishing/dp/B000660MQU"]Amazon.com: White Exfoliating Gloves Polish Spa exfoliate skin exfoliator Bath…@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21reJRXefvL.@@AMEPARAM@@21reJRXefvL[/ame]

I usually wear one glove, so the un-gloved hand can wash the sensitive parts. let me know if any of you try it and like it as much as i do!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ya know, I have not tried them, but have seen them at walmart, and I think I will get one, not for my sphynx, but for my crestie! She has terrible blackheads and I think this woould really help!

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Mo has blackheads on his tail which I'm always trying to get off! I still havn't tried coconut oil but I might order some now. I've been meaning to for about a year! How do you use it? Do you just rub it on the dirty areas?

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yup I use both coconut oil and the gloves! Works great! the only down side is that my babies sometimes get scratches from the gloves cause they are a little rough.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I've seen those gloves before. I felt them and they seemed a little rough to use. So I just use a regular cotton washcloth for Snuffie. She hasn't had any blackhead issues so I'll continue what I'm doing until something changes. (Knocks on wood - which hopefully wont be anytime soon! lol)

Back