Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello from China

Khafra

Lairian
Ni Hao (hello) Everyone.

We are new to the Sphynx community and recently (September 3, 2018) brought home our 4-month old male treasure. We call him Khafra. If you know ancient Egypt you know Khafra (son of Khufu) was the Pharaoh of the IV Dynasty. Think of the Great Pyramid and Sphinx. Khafra is very special with an abnormal tail (deformed and short). He uses it as a stool and doesn't know better. Makes him extra special to us.

Khafra gets along great with our 7-year old teacup Yorki (Chewbacca). Khafra and Bacca are the same weight (2kg) and Bacca is full grown while Khafra is just 4 months. Khafra already runs the house and Bacca doesn't seem to be too bothered. Bacca is very loving, I know he and Khafra will be best friends in no time.

We live in China and don't have the luxury of specialized vets so we rely a lot on research. I really like the sharing this community provides and we've learned a lot. Khafra has IBS with very soupy diarrhea. He is on meds now and I don't feel too worried as it seems like Khafra's issues are pretty normal. We are looking into making food for Khafra as we don't trust manufactured food and feel homecooked meals are best for his digestive system.

Khafra is very loving and is extremely smart. He knows his name already, knows when its time to eat. Lets us wipe off his feet (after using the litterbox) and he doesn't mind us trimming his nails. Most of all, Khafra knows when its bedtime. He purrs so loud it can be heard outside the bedroom. He is a snuggler and isn't shy to ask for love.

We will hopefully contribute to the site.

Regards,

Khafra, Bacca, David & Tina

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair. I look forward to seeing you become an active member in the community.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Welcome to the lair family ! Happy Khafra gotcha!
Look forward to your journey with us:)

Hope you get a chance to share pics of you all paws!
All are family here

Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch
@Xandria @Condo commando and others are great to share raw feeding information

Several of us have dealt with IBS
Amd everyone is so helpful to share their experiences

Head smooches sent

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ni Hao! Welcome! Can't wait for you to share some pics of your babies. Love the names you've given them!

Back