Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello :) from Vancouver Canada/Dallas Texas

Pyramid

Lairian
Hello everyone,

I am new to the forum, and thought I would introduce myself, I live in Vancouver Canada currently, moving to Dallas Texas this month.

I don't own a Sphynx yet, but joined this forum as I am VERY interested in acquiring a Sphynx. It's just my future hubby and I in the home, it's been very quiet as we lost our Rottweiler (he was 11 ) and my 19 year old domestic long hair cat in the last six months.

I want to learn as much as I can about these gorgeous creatures and make an educated decision before finding a reputable breeder in the Texas area. From what I have learned and read over the last few months, I can hardly wait to find "the one" that will join our family........

My guess is that they are pretty addictive, and two would be better than one? :BigSmile:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the Lair. You found a great place to learn about the breed and there are some awesome people here. Yes - Sphynx are addictive. If I have the bucks I would be that CRAZY CAT LADY with Sphynx cats all over me.:LOL: But I have just one and he is spoiled and the love of my life. ENJOY.:Smile: Oh - and welcome to Texas. It will get cooler here. Maybe by December.:LOL:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yeehaw, A Canadian/Texan. I too am in the DFW metroplex. Bring your sun tan lotion and air conditioners. It's freakin hot!

I got my sphynx from a breeder out of state a few years ago so I can't really help with a breeder. I do believe there are a few in the area though. My little buddy's name is Butterball and he's been my best friend the last two years. I'd take him everywhere if I could. I just took him camping last weekend. They are totally addictive. I'd get another if I could. I think the majority of members here have more than one sphynx.

Anyway, welcome to the lair and welcome to Texas. I hope we don't sound funny to you. I hope you don't sound funny to us.

firehillqueen

Banned
Welcome to Texas. This is a HOT hot hot time here so try to stay cool. I would LOVE to met you. I am thinkng of breeding my girls ONCE. If you want a kitten we can talk about the possibilities.

Pyramid

Lairian
I've been commuting back and forth for the last two years to Dallas, future hubby lives there, and his career will be keeping us there which I don't mind at all, people are super friendly....... lol! I think the Texas accent is hilarious, especially when they say my name it makes me laugh a bit.

My name is Sonya, and with a Texas accent it's been pronounced as SOOONYA

I love the heat, although when I was there a coule of weeks ago we had a power outage, without AC for a few hours it got pretty toasty in the house. The only thing I don't enjoy is the big creepy Lizards that have found their way in the house on the odd occassion :Dizzy:

This forum is a wealth of knowledge, I'm so glad I found it

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair Pyramid. I'm afraid you're in for quite a shock when you get to the DFW area. It's stinking hot down there and this is the worst time of year for heat. Luckily Dallas doesn't have bad humidity. I lived down in the Golden Triangle for 4 years and thought I was gonna die. You'll love the people though, Texans are outgoing and friendly.

My sympathy on the loss of your pets. I recently lost my second sphynx so now I have just one. And though I love her dearly, she's making me crazy. She's totally dependent on me for distraction/entertainment and I'm doing my best to keep her satisfied. This isn't easy to do with a sphynx let me tell you! She'll be a lot happier when we get another sphynx friend for her to play with. I would strongly recommend getting two kitties if you can afford them.

This is a great place to learn about sphynx. Please feel free to ask any questions you have, we'll do our best to answer.

Pyramid

Lairian
Welcome to the lair Pyramid. I'm afraid you're in for quite a shock when you get to the DFW area. It's stinking hot down there and this is the worst time of year for heat. Luckily Dallas doesn't have bad humidity. I lived down in the Golden Triangle for 4 years and thought I was gonna die. You'll love the people though, Texans are outgoing and friendly.

My sympathy on the loss of your pets. I recently lost my second sphynx so now I have just one. And though I love her dearly, she's making me crazy. She's totally dependent on me for distraction/entertainment and I'm doing my best to keep her satisfied. This isn't easy to do with a sphynx let me tell you! She'll be a lot happier when we get another sphynx friend for her to play with. I would strongly recommend getting two kitties if you can afford them.

This is a great place to learn about sphynx. Please feel free to ask any questions you have, we'll do our best to answer.

Loosing my two beloved fur kids was horrible, the house just doesn't seem right without them. Both my Rottie (Teddy) and my little Oreo ( DLH) would follow me everywhere, I miss that so much...... I can not wait to hear the pitter patter of naked little paws zooming through the house

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair, Pyramid! We are glad you found us--we're a friendly community and are looking forward to getting to know you better. We have some very knowledgeable folks here that are more than willing to answer any question you might have--or at least try to answer it (LOL). Please enjoy the site!

Hello and welcome to the Lair!! I live in Canada - the Toronto area - as this is where my hubby is from. I moved here from Oklahoma City, grew up in Southern California and I have family and friends in both the Dallas and Houston area!

I can't wait for you to find your Sphynx! They are wonderful! I have two now and cannot imagine my life without them!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to the Sphynx Lair. I can't think of a better way to welcome you to Texas than with a Sphynx. Good luck with your search. The wait will be worth it.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Pyramid and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you have found us! Please enjoy the site!!:ThumbsUp:

tessblack

Banned
Welcome. I am a Canadian (Toronto) living in Houston. And yes it is just crazy hot!!!!! I just got my first two sphynx in September and now completely addicted. Yes two is better than one, mine are very close and I could not imagine just having one.

Sorry for the loss of your pets, I have been through it and it is like losing part of your family. I can't imagine life without these guys!

Welcome and good luck on getting a couple of these incredible creatures.

Pyramid

Lairian
Too bad Im not closer to Houston, Im looking forward to not shovelling snow this winter :) I HATE the cold, I never complain about the heat. Ive spent the last two years commuting back and forth to Dallas, and I thinks its pretty nice. Your Sphynx are GORGEOUS!!

I really can't wait to finish my move/settle and finally get my first Sphynx, I am really looking forward to it :)

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I love this site, Im learning so much, and everyone is very helpful.

Welcome. I am a Canadian (Toronto) living in Houston. And yes it is just crazy hot!!!!! I just got my first two sphynx in September and now completely addicted. Yes two is better than one, mine are very close and I could not imagine just having one.

Sorry for the loss of your pets, I have been through it and it is like losing part of your family. I can't imagine life without these guys!

Welcome and good luck on getting a couple of these incredible creatures.

KushielsTart

Lairian
Welcome from Austin! I would definitely recommend getting two litter mates if you can afford it. It is almost guaranteed that you will want a second kitty after the first, and it's so much easier if they are already attached to one another. When we lost our 8 yo male sphynx to HCM in April we got a new kitten. We were tempted to get one of his siblings, but didn't because we thought four might be a bit too much. I still regret it a little. :p

When you are ready to buy, feel free to PM me. Our last kitten came from a great breeder a few hours over the Louisiana border from Houston, and she's great. I've also heard great things about some Dallas breeders.

Back