Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hello

Littlebeans

Lairian
Hi my name is Sara and my kitties name is Darci. Darci is a blue pointed tortie with beautiful blue eyes. We named her Darci after a wolf with blue eyes on a tv show me and my sister watch. (She was joking about naming her that and I took it seriously lol) I got Darci a little unplanned. My mom breeds Munchkins and a friend of hers brought a male back from a show for her and we had to drive 6 hours to her house to pick the male up. And while we were there she was telling us House she had a litter of 6 Sphynx kittens that she hadn't been able to place. So of course the nice person that my mom is she looked that the kittens (She didn't like Sphynx back then because of their rat like tails.) And little Darci was the only girl kitten and she came over and sat right in my lap and I begged my mom to bring her home.My mom kept saying no until I annoyed her enough and she said "Call your dad and ask and if he says yes then you can have her." Well need less to say he did say yes, but he thought we were bringing another Munchkin home until I sent him a picture of Darci from in the car on our way home. And ever since Darci has been my little baby. We are going to be breeding her after she gets all her blood tests and heart scans done. She is just the cutest little thing.
P.S. Sorry for the long story lol

You mention blood tests, are you speaking of basic testing for feline leukemia/feline aids/HW? or are you speaking of actually blood typing Ms. Darci?

We are having her blood type tested since her mother was a type B. If she is the same type then we will not be breeding her. But she has had her feline leukemia/feline aids combo test already done :D

Last edited:

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to one of the kindest places I know, Sara and Darci. This is a great site--knowledgeable, caring people. They freely give good information, so don't be afraid to ask. We love our cats and care about each other too. It's a wonderful place--moderated wonderfully. So glad you found us--you'll love it here.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome!!! You're going to love it here, lots of great people and a huge amount of knowledge on the forum :ThumbsUp:

PitRottMommy

Banned
she gets all her blood tests and heart scans done.

Welcome and YAY for responsibility!! We're big here on breeders who do their testing BEFORE there's a problem and try to put a bug in everyone's ear about testing. So many of us on this forum have HCM + cats or have lost them to acute death or secondary to saddle thrombus, etc.

You mention blood tests, are you speaking of basic testing for feline leukemia/feline aids/HW? or are you speaking of actually blood typing Ms. Darci?

I, personally, not only scan my cats annually I also had them all blood typed. I don't breed, but I do find it important to have one's pets blood type known with this breed because there's a risk of Neonatal Isoerythrolysis. If you haven't heard of this problem, read about it before breeding. Most cats in the US (ie nearly 98%) are type A, 1.5% are type B and about 0.5% are type AB. Sphynx are heavily predisposed to being type B (I have three sphynx that are) and breeding type B mother's with type A fathers can cause severe problems (including death) with the kittens.

Best of luck and, again, welcome!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Darci and welcome to Sphynxlair! Glad to see you found us! You have a great looking Sphynx! Please enjoy the site!:Laugh:

Back