Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help, blood in poop?

Bijac

Lairian
Hello,

I'm a owner of a 7 months old Sphynx female kitty. She is only eating Royal Canine Second Age Kitten (dry + wet) food. Almost every day she has diarrhea with something like blood in it?
She is very active, eats a lot and acts normal. (We tried to give her different food, but it had the same results)

Normally she poops 5-6 times a day and eats about 8 times a day, she drinks a lot of water.

Hope anyone has any info or suggestions,
Thanks a lot.

ps: we already booked a vet apointment and need to collect stool sample for three days to send it to analysis. But we are worried and would want to help her before the diagnosis if possible.

Attachments

• poop2.jpg
    poop2.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 19
  • poop1.jpg
    poop1.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 19

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Bijac glad you have a vet appt with stool sample check. the color of blood helps determine what part of gi is upset. mine had it on acana food. I did sloow change of food and no more blood in stool.
all paws crossed for good news updates, keep us updated on vet appt.

Sheldon13

Staff member
It definitely looks very mucousy. I see the blood there. What all she eating? It could be food intolerances or just her gut is inflamed and needs a rest. Have you tried doing a few days of just cooked bland chicken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back