Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Help Please I'm freaking out

alana447

Lairian
Lodai has a black mark on his lip, and its hurting him, he's not eating his kibble, so I gave him extra wet food...I feel awful because I just noticed today...Please Help

Sheldon13

Staff member
Lodai has a black mark on his lip, and its hurting him, he's not eating his kibble, so I gave him extra wet food...I feel awful because I just noticed today...Please Help

Do you have a picture? Or can you describe it in more detail? Where exactly is it? How do you know it hurts him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

alana447

Lairian
Do you have a picture? Or can you describe it in more detail? Where exactly is it? How do you know it hurts him?

I don't have a pic. but I took him to the vet yesterday, they wanted to put him under and do dental work, and try to figure out what was going on and possibly extract a couple teeth...I wasn't sure...so they gave him a shot of antibiotic (oh and I know it hurt him because when I touched it, he yelped and hissed (never does that with me)...so I said no to the surgery (putting him under etc.) it was so dramatic last time (he had a cleaning and a couple teeth removed) I was hoping it was just a bug...today his mouth is all swollen and I feel so bad, I wish I had let them yesterday---their closed today and the vet I like went on vacation after yesterday, so I already left a msg. asking them to please get him in tomorrow, I just feel so awful...I've just been giving him wet food today, which he's totally eating...I'm just feeling guilty...thank you for replying. I really appreciate it, I know I havent been on the site in awhile, but Ive been dealing with my mother in hospice, (dementia etc.) Sorry its been a long year. Thank you, sorry just upset.

alana447

Lairian
I don't have a pic. but I took him to the vet yesterday, they wanted to put him under and do dental work, and try to figure out what was going on and possibly extract a couple teeth...I wasn't sure...so they gave him a shot of antibiotic (oh and I know it hurt him because when I touched it, he yelped and hissed (never does that with me)...so I said no to the surgery (putting him under etc.) it was so dramatic last time (he had a cleaning and a couple teeth removed) I was hoping it was just a bug...today his mouth is all swollen and I feel so bad, I wish I had let them yesterday---their closed today and the vet I like went on vacation after yesterday, so I already left a msg. asking them to please get him in tomorrow, I just feel so awful...I've just been giving him wet food today, which he's totally eating...I'm just feeling guilty...thank you for replying. I really appreciate it, I know I havent been on the site in awhile, but Ive been dealing with my mother in hospice, (dementia etc.) Sorry its been a long year. Thank you, sorry just upset.
Thank you !!!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@alana447 awhhh sending prayers and positive vibes for all that is going on (((hugs)))

be sure to tell the vet NO Ketamine anesthesia , I have them put it on the chart.
I ask if they use ISO and propofol instead

please don't feel guilty... so hard to know what to do when we are faced with soo many things to consider.... we have all been there...
here for you sweetie

following closely for updates

Sheldon13

Staff member
It’s hard to know sometimes how to meet their needs. They are animals after all and can’t communicate well with us all of the time. We can only do our best. Let us know if they can get him in soon.

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for contributing the community, sharing positive vibes and for helping another in the future with support. It’s an amazing community.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back