Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hematoma

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
37,744
Points
673
Last night at dinner time I saw Ochi had a very slight curl in his ear. ALARM bells went off ….as a helicopter mom I immediately knew it was a hematoma and set up a checkup for today (of course our favorite/main vet is off Wednesdays UGH.) I put an e-collar on immediately. Vet visit went well…said we did right with the e-collar…due to HCM (heart disease) the vet did not want to go the steroid way as that can add to progression of heart disease. So for now Tresaderm drops 7 days and Gabapentin for 3 days to keep him calm is the plan. PLEASE do not ask for updates. You all know by now I will be sure to update you all in this post. Dealing with HCM with him and this blip is not something I need. You all know I am “real” but just do not the extra want extra stressors
5bebaa5ea9ba4f3ee4a88edb4992bc73.jpg

1cbf3f94eba271ac7c12bd637b295a73.jpg
 
Last edited:

Yoda mom

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
30,601
Points
653
@Catzzzmeow , sounds like headed in the right direction of healing. sharing, it took my rottie bubba bear's hematoma , large one inside ear, 3 months to reabsorb. he shook his head at times too and there all went well , no issue. hugs and positive vibes for the same! you got this Team Ochi! tresaderm good stuff!
 

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
37,744
Points
673
Just got back from the vet. The mild case of yeast in his ear which is the underlying issue is not fully cleared up. So we will do drops for 2 weeks now…some pain meds and hope it dissolves. The pinna is 40% filled with blood. …so still a good chance it will clear. If it fills fully then it will mean surgery. So keeping my fingers crossed. The shaking of the head because the ear itches is what caused it. Will keep you updated.
 
Back
Top