Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Hi from Michigan!

LuaLove

Lairian
I just got my sphynx kitty on Friday, and she's been adjusting well! On the way home she slept in my lap the whole way and really hasn't cried unless she notices I'm not there. She's the biggest sweetheart and cuddler, I love her already!

I do have some problems with her trying to chew on my laptop and papers though. I've clapped loudly and told her no but she keeps doing it. Any suggestions on how to help?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the site.
How old is your sphynx?
All mine chewed on my laptop when they were kittens and they still chew on papers.
You should see the bite marks on my laptops.
Do you have pics?

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome glad you have joined us!
As far as chewing on cords this is normal and should be discouraged unless you want to replace your cord every few weeks!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new baby!!
I'm from Michigan too! i'm near Detroit.

Hello and welcome to you and your chewing kitty! :BigSmile:

Mine aren't chewers so I don't know what to tell you other than re-direct attention to chew-appropriate things such as toys. I am getting a kitten soon, so I am sure I will be going what you are going through now!

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair-I am also from Michigan--near Grand Rapids. Looking forward to getting to know you and your new baby! My cats destroyed my last lap top--tore all the keys off the key pad. I just heard I can have them replaced, but not sure they could get all the kitty litter out either...so I bought a new one which I put away each time--my old one was on a docking station and they thought it was a dandy perch. I tried everything and could not keep them off it. So I am useless to offer any advice here...LOL
Hugs,
Susi and the gang

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair LuaLove. I don't have any ideas on how to save your papers. But you may want to consider wiping your laptop and electrical cords down with a product called "Bitter Apple." It tastes nasty and once they taste it they usually don't go back for more. It's very safe, my family has been using it for puppy training for over 30 years.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lualove and welcome to Sphynxlair! Hope you are enjoying the site!:ThumbsUp: My advice is exactly what Marlene said, they make a few products that taste icky and are safe!

Good luck!

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the Lair. Kika loved to chew on paper, cardboard and things of that nature. I would take away my paper and give him his. He was a hole puncher.:BigSmile:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi welcome to the sphynx family :) My little Nudie is a chewer and I use a little squirt gun full of water and give her a little squirt near her backside (never near the face) when she does her chewing. Try not to let her see you doing the squirting though or she will be mad at you (they are smart little cats). Can't wait to see pictures!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
The bitter apple is a great idea. The taste and smell might discouraged your laptop chewer. Maybe you could convince her to find a safe toy that she likes to chew instead.

LuaLove

Lairian
Well, she's about four months old and I do have pictures in an album. I'm not sure how you would look at them though! I made the public. :)

Here are some pictures of her though!

Bella07

Banned
Lua is gorgeous! And I just love her coloring! You're very lucky to own such a beautiful little girl. I'm still waiting to bring add a Sphynx to my family---the wait seems so far away!

Back