Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Houston, TX 1 year old sphynx female

Leorslounge

Lairian
Joined
Oct 1, 2026
Messages
3
Points
4
I recently found someone rehoming their sphynx cat in Houston. She hadn't been spayed or seen a vet, and her claws were covered. I decided to take her in after losing my girl in April.
She is 13 months old and has since been spayed and taken to the vet. The only health issue that was observed is her slightly deformed paw/split toe. It doesn't seem to cause her pain or stop her from climbing on top of your shoulders while you brush your teeth.
I really don't want to rehome her, but my mother's elderly sphynx and her have been getting into nasty fights. We've been slowly introducing them, but she would do better as an only cat. She loves my dog and he's very gentle with her. He's needing an unexpected surgery on his eyelid soon and I'm worried she could hurt him while he recovers with the cone around him.
I want to make sure she goes to a good home with an experienced family or someone willing to even foster her while my pup recovers through the month.
I just want her to have a good, loving home. She's so young and has a very unique and chatty personality when she's not cuddling you.

Fee - 250
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260929_113011_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20260929_113011_Gallery.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20260929_112937_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20260929_112937_Gallery.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20260929_113100_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20260929_113100_Gallery.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 10

Yoda mom

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
30,587
Points
653
@Leorslounge , welcome, hugs for your heartfelt decision

Bless you for taking her in getting her spayed and giving her love and care
You are in the purrfect family to find a forever home
Several of us have adopted from members. I always try to help hearts align
All paws are family. Names? Best wishes for your pups wow surgery.
Members will surely chime in to interview
Hugs n head smooches to all paws
 

Wally

Lairian
Joined
Nov 10, 2024
Messages
8
Points
24
Hi @Leorslounge we’d love to be considered.
We adopted a male Sphynx here a year ago and have enough experience with the breed, he’s used to being along other Sphynx cats since he’s a retired stud, maybe she gets along with a male cat???? IDK
we’ve left it to god wether or not to take on another cat into our family, i hadn’t logged in here a while, and to see this post right at the top seems like a sign, we are currently in Conroe Tx, just north of Houston . Feel free to reach out privately if you’d feel like maybe meeting or just seeing if we’d be a good fit. We attached a pic of our boy Horus
 

Attachments

  • Resized_20250802_153423_1754167017102.jpeg
    Resized_20250802_153423_1754167017102.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 6

Yoda mom

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Apr 23, 2012
Messages
30,587
Points
653
@Wally , is your adorable boy neutered? makes me happy you made a connection here on SL for him.
sharing I have had 3 males all neutered, and 1 female spayed together. The boys always bonded quickly :)
all paws crossed the sphynx stars align.
 

Leorslounge

Lairian
Joined
Oct 1, 2026
Messages
3
Points
4
Hi @Leorslounge we’d love to be considered.
We adopted a male Sphynx here a year ago and have enough experience with the breed, he’s used to being along other Sphynx cats since he’s a retired stud, maybe she gets along with a male cat???? IDK
we’ve left it to god wether or not to take on another cat into our family, i hadn’t logged in here a while, and to see this post right at the top seems like a sign, we are currently in Conroe Tx, just north of Houston . Feel free to reach out privately if you’d feel like maybe meeting or just seeing if we’d be a good fit. We attached a pic of our boy Horus
I was going to ask the same thing as Yoda mom and ask if your boy was neutered. I hadn't thought that maybe two female cats could be a reason they aren't getting along. I think it would be worth it to see if they would get along. It would be a slow process. It took her a full day to become used to my home and her her surroundings without the other cat. She has a heating pad and a blanket that she's used to which could be good for her to have in a new surrounding. She likes to sleep under the pad, which is pretty adorable.
 

Wally

Lairian
Joined
Nov 10, 2024
Messages
8
Points
24
I was going to ask the same thing as Yoda mom and ask if your boy was neutered. I hadn't thought that maybe two female cats could be a reason they aren't getting along. I think it would be worth it to see if they would get along. It would be a slow process. It took her a full day to become used to my home and her her surroundings without the other cat. She has a heating pad and a blanket that she's used to which could be good for her to have in a new surrounding. She likes to sleep under the pad, which is pretty adorable.
Horus is intact. He’s strictly indoor, doesn’t spray or roam, and has never had issues with territorial behavior. He does occasionally mount a pillow, but that’s about the extent of his sexual behavior.
We’d have a separate section for her and introduce them periodically to aclimate to one another.
Would you be comfortable placing Leor in a home with an intact male, assuming they’re introduced slowly and supervised?

And @Yoda mom I’d appreciate your input as well I know y’all have much more experience with the breed and adoption
 
Back
Top