Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How Do You Bug Me? Let Me Count the Ways.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yowling at 2:30 AM just so I will give you a lap.
66328C90-7FF1-4543-8D68-CD232F99BD95.jpeg
Drinking water from my glass.
5B31B074-5D49-4E9E-9FAA-ACDE8684597B.jpeg
Singing the song of your people endlessly.
5B31B074-5D49-4E9E-9FAA-ACDE8684597B.jpeg
Throwing up foamy bile right in the doorway half an hour before my alarm rings, so I will be sure to step in it.
66328C90-7FF1-4543-8D68-CD232F99BD95.jpeg
Arguing over who gets to sit in my lap.
6DAEB0E7-99A1-4317-A87B-6AD3FC28EE82.jpeg

And the list goes on...
How do your “babies”bug you?

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
D53553C3-427D-4D05-9263-E079CC89AB14.jpeg
My biggest nightmare is not been able to find him as I live on the 17th floor with no balcony. The windows have sliding mosquito panels. It has no resistance if he tries to open them . Then it is straight down . He has come to realise if he hides I look for him everywhere.
How he fits in that bag I have no idea it is not even 5cm wide . Under the sofa the gap is twice that . And he refuses to get his own balls out from under there. I need to get a broom and go down on all fours with him being a backseat driver perched on my back like a cowboy . Getting absolutely excited and prompting me on to find the next ball
I am sure he thinks he is training me to play fetch some times. As we often play soccer in the house. He is the goalie.

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yowling at 2:30 AM just so I will give you a lap.
View attachment 103918
Drinking water from my glass.
View attachment 103919
Singing the song of your people endlessly.
View attachment 103919
Throwing up foamy bile right in the doorway half an hour before my alarm rings, so I will be sure to step in it.
View attachment 103918
Arguing over who gets to sit in my lap.
View attachment 103920

And the list goes on...
How do your “babies”bug you?
@Cleopatra Beers - all of the above, minus the drinking water from my glass. In Rankle's case it's trying to steal the dinner from my plate whilst I'm still eating it. He once half inched (pinched) an entire sandwich from my husband's plate as he leapt past. This resulted in a hilarious Benny Hill-esque sketch with husband chasing Rankle around the house trying to get his sandwich back with Rankle running over and around everything trying to swallow it down as he went. Needless to say, it's always funny when it's someone else's food; when it's mine it's a different story :ROFLMAO:

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Cleopatra Beers
Let me count the ways...
6:30am-ish. I get up to let the chickens out. I get a moan from Pixie if she's in bed snuggled up, because I am not allowed to move.
6:45am-ish. I'm back in and making coffee. Jezzy is roaming, and I know what that means. I take the coffee into the living room. I sit. Jezzy comes and I groan. Heartily. Because now it's "I will climb all over you, hang or sit on your shoulder, and demand schmoozies for the next half hour."
7:15am-ish. I have some breakfast, now that Jezzy is (hopefully) done with abusing me as a snugglepad-slash-climbing tree. Now it's time to defend whatever breakfast I have from Jezzy, who has sticky paws. I have lost entire fried eggs to those sticky paws.
After breakfast, if Pixie is up, there is much yelling until I schmooze with her. This means there is a cat pinning down both my arms.
Livvy is a late sleeper. IF (big if) she deigns to get out of bed, she'll sit as close as she dares (Pixie...) and when Pixie is done, she'll arrive for bum slaps.
By 10am I am usually worn out with kitty antics.
If I am outside, Pixie will scream her head off in the window, because it is absolutely unacceptable that she's not out with me. Never mind the temperature. If I talk to someone, Pixie will be there, adding comments. (Seriously.) In fact, whenever someone comes round, Livvy will ambush them for bum slaps (getting mighty pushy if they don't know what to do lol)
Anything left in the letter tray -- keys, lighters, change, a screw, a dowel... you name it... it'll be on the floor.
Jezzy also tries to scratch the mirror frame.
All of them are expert printer technicians. I forever find paper on the floor, because they keep stomping around on the buttons.
If I'm on the computer, at least ONE has to sit in front of the monitor, and / or on the keyboard.
They've posted to Facebook. They've "edited" and even DELETED entire novels. (Lucky I back up religiously in 3 locations!)
Jezzy likes to drink from the water jug I keep next to the coffee machine.
I have to put a cover on my tooth brush, or I'll find it under a cabinet in the living room, bristles chewed... because Jezzy "liberates" tooth brushes.
No matter how fresh the litter trays are -- one has to poop on the floor next to the toilet. Just once. But yeah.
If I open the window to the flat roof... it's awesome to go out there. But only if *I* sit there as well. If I go in, they go in. Then sit at the window or the door, yelling to be let out. :rolleyes:
ALL of them like to stomp on boobs. Ow.
Livvy pat-pats your face with a paw. Livvy sits on your hair in bed. Livvy will put her cold paws on my belly (under the t-shirt) when she goes to bed. This even if the heating blanket is on, and the mattress is actually much warmer than my belly. No. Belly it is.
Pixie will talk excessively. All day. And complain about everything (especially if she's on my lap, and I dare move.)
Pixie also chases Livvy. Usually just after I've gone to bed. Beating her up downstairs, accompanied by much screaming. I end up back out of bed to split them up. But I've learned that Livvy has figured out that if she screams loudly when Pixie so much as looks at her, I'll scold Pixie and come running -- usually to discover Pixie isn't actually doing anything. So then I feel bad for scolding Pixie, and Livvy comes running to me for cuddles because "Pixie is so mean to me".
Now I just let Livvy scream her head off and whimper -- because I refuse to yell at Pixie for something Livvy actually instigates.
So on occasion I'm mad at Pixie, because she just doesn't quit when it comes to Livvy (they DO fight, and badly sometimes)...and then Pixie comes to bed, cuddles up, and purrs and whispers sweet nothings into my ear... and all is good.
Basically... I am their slave. And I love each one dearly, no matter what. :)

gojira14

Lairian
View attachment 103923My biggest nightmare is not been able to find him as I live on the 17th floor with no balcony. The windows have sliding mosquito panels. It has no resistance if he tries to open them . Then it is straight down . He has come to realise if he hides I look for him everywhere.
How he fits in that bag I have no idea it is not even 5cm wide . Under the sofa the gap is twice that . And he refuses to get his own balls out from under there. I need to get a broom and go down on all fours with him being a backseat driver perched on my back like a cowboy . Getting absolutely excited and prompting me on to find the next ball
I am sure he thinks he is training me to play fetch some times. As we often play soccer in the house. He is the goalie.

Hilarious, you know those back seat drivers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gojira14

Lairian
@Cleopatra Beers
Let me count the ways...
6:30am-ish. I get up to let the chickens out. I get a moan from Pixie if she's in bed snuggled up, because I am not allowed to move.
6:45am-ish. I'm back in and making coffee. Jezzy is roaming, and I know what that means. I take the coffee into the living room. I sit. Jezzy comes and I groan. Heartily. Because now it's "I will climb all over you, hang or sit on your shoulder, and demand schmoozies for the next half hour."
7:15am-ish. I have some breakfast, now that Jezzy is (hopefully) done with abusing me as a snugglepad-slash-climbing tree. Now it's time to defend whatever breakfast I have from Jezzy, who has sticky paws. I have lost entire fried eggs to those sticky paws.
After breakfast, if Pixie is up, there is much yelling until I schmooze with her. This means there is a cat pinning down both my arms.
Livvy is a late sleeper. IF (big if) she deigns to get out of bed, she'll sit as close as she dares (Pixie...) and when Pixie is done, she'll arrive for bum slaps.
By 10am I am usually worn out with kitty antics.
If I am outside, Pixie will scream her head off in the window, because it is absolutely unacceptable that she's not out with me. Never mind the temperature. If I talk to someone, Pixie will be there, adding comments. (Seriously.) In fact, whenever someone comes round, Livvy will ambush them for bum slaps (getting mighty pushy if they don't know what to do lol)
Anything left in the letter tray -- keys, lighters, change, a screw, a dowel... you name it... it'll be on the floor.
Jezzy also tries to scratch the mirror frame.
All of them are expert printer technicians. I forever find paper on the floor, because they keep stomping around on the buttons.
If I'm on the computer, at least ONE has to sit in front of the monitor, and / or on the keyboard.
They've posted to Facebook. They've "edited" and even DELETED entire novels. (Lucky I back up religiously in 3 locations!)
Jezzy likes to drink from the water jug I keep next to the coffee machine.
I have to put a cover on my tooth brush, or I'll find it under a cabinet in the living room, bristles chewed... because Jezzy "liberates" tooth brushes.
No matter how fresh the litter trays are -- one has to poop on the floor next to the toilet. Just once. But yeah.
If I open the window to the flat roof... it's awesome to go out there. But only if *I* sit there as well. If I go in, they go in. Then sit at the window or the door, yelling to be let out. :rolleyes:
ALL of them like to stomp on boobs. Ow.
Livvy pat-pats your face with a paw. Livvy sits on your hair in bed. Livvy will put her cold paws on my belly (under the t-shirt) when she goes to bed. This even if the heating blanket is on, and the mattress is actually much warmer than my belly. No. Belly it is.
Pixie will talk excessively. All day. And complain about everything (especially if she's on my lap, and I dare move.)
Pixie also chases Livvy. Usually just after I've gone to bed. Beating her up downstairs, accompanied by much screaming. I end up back out of bed to split them up. But I've learned that Livvy has figured out that if she screams loudly when Pixie so much as looks at her, I'll scold Pixie and come running -- usually to discover Pixie isn't actually doing anything. So then I feel bad for scolding Pixie, and Livvy comes running to me for cuddles because "Pixie is so mean to me".
Now I just let Livvy scream her head off and whimper -- because I refuse to yell at Pixie for something Livvy actually instigates.
So on occasion I'm mad at Pixie, because she just doesn't quit when it comes to Livvy (they DO fight, and badly sometimes)...and then Pixie comes to bed, cuddles up, and purrs and whispers sweet nothings into my ear... and all is good.
Basically... I am their slave. And I love each one dearly, no matter what. :)

Oh, there’re are so lucky, what a great story, you must be exhausted at the end of the day..

gojira14

Lairian
@Cleopatra Beers - all of the above, minus the drinking water from my glass. In Rankle's case it's trying to steal the dinner from my plate whilst I'm still eating it. He once half inched (pinched) an entire sandwich from my husband's plate as he leapt past. This resulted in a hilarious Benny Hill-esque sketch with husband chasing Rankle around the house trying to get his sandwich back with Rankle running over and around everything trying to swallow it down as he went. Needless to say, it's always funny when it's someone else's food; when it's mine it's a different story :ROFLMAO:

Yep, same happens to our kitty household, I barely turn my head to either look at something or hold a conversation and my food off the table is gone ...

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yep, same happens to our kitty household, I barely turn my head to either look at something or hold a conversation and my food off the table is gone ...

I was saying the other day that I am having a nice scrambled egg for breakfast.
Due to an ill timed phone call, I had to correct that statement thanks to Miss Sticky Paws.
INTENDED to have scrambled eggs...

Sheldon13

Staff member
View attachment 103923My biggest nightmare is not been able to find him as I live on the 17th floor with no balcony. The windows have sliding mosquito panels. It has no resistance if he tries to open them . Then it is straight down . He has come to realise if he hides I look for him everywhere.

Maybe they make child locks for these types of windows?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I shall definately look into that as at the moment I have heavy pot plants in the way. Even though he has never shown an interest I do feel that is the only fear I have in my home. I have rigged up 360 degree cameras in my rooms so I am constantly keeping an eye on him while at work The main point is I miss him and want to see him. It even has a microphone on them so I can call him to the camera.
But I actually never thought of child proofing them. You ladies are amazing.

pussiette

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You are amazing you are halfway there with the cameras! The cameras are a must have. Have a read of those links and if you’ve got any questions let us know. But definitely need to put something on the windows for sure. They are very good at opening doors and windows as you probably figured out.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Rattling the cat flap like crazy, because you're "stuck" in the kitchen, unless there is a crackle of a chip packet or any other crinkly food.
THEN the cat flap works PERFECTLY.
Any other time?
Stand at the door and yell at the top of your lungs to be let in/out because you can't be bothered to go through the darn flap!
(Jezzy, but Pixie too, on occasion.)

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
“Editing” Daddieo’s latest book, because he forgot to close his laptop. Up to three pages have been added, complete with “creative” spelling. Walking on my black work slacks with litter box paws, leaving white footprints.
CF5051BE-BFEB-494D-AEEE-B615A01BA4F1.jpeg

Also, pulling remote controls off tables, causing them to fall apart and batteries to scatter under furniture.

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
All tabletops in my home have been claimed by his lordship Sir Shamus Murphy. Heaven forbid if I put anything on it. It’s swiped right onto the floor. Then all hell breaks loose as he has 3 toys that automatically are sound sensitive. The laser beams start shooting around the room. This little minion starts running around shouting with flashing lights blazing. My poor neighbours below me.

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
“Editing” Daddieo’s latest book, because he forgot to close his laptop. Up to three pages have been added, complete with “creative” spelling. Walking on my black work slacks with litter box paws, leaving white footprints.
View attachment 104141
Also, pulling remote controls off tables, causing them to fall apart and batteries to scatter under furniture.
I feel your pain.
I have multiple editors and proofreaders...
They randomly delete chapters, and insert new ones with creative spelling...
20180111_233322_sm.jpg20180111_233423_sm.jpg20180111_233428_sm.jpg

And my WiFi randomly fails for some obscure reason...
Pixie-Router.jpg

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can't bloody win!
I'm trying to write.
First Pixie arrives and sits on my hand.
20210527_223201.jpg

I solve that eventually by putting on her favorite jacket, and she cuddles into it. I now have 2 hands available.
Luckily I touch type, because seeing the keyboard is now impossible.
20210527_225150.jpg

Then...
20210527_230433.jpg

So now the keyboard is blocked, and Pixie is in my jacket.
20210527_230526.jpg

I know that look. It's the "I want cuddles" look.
Followed by...
20210527_231036.jpg

Writing effectively scuppered.
All I need now is Livvy climbing on my shoulder and my day is done...

Back