Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How many is too many?

How many sphynxs do you own?

• Total voters

Dallassummer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sometimes I feel like I want more, but two is enough. Other times, I feel like the more the merrier! How many nakeds does everyone have? I see alot of people with just one or two like myself; I also see a lot of people with four or five! So how many is too many? Sometimes four doesn't sound too bad to me. :p

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I feel like 2 is the right number for us.

The boys have each other to cuddle and play with and they are manageable cost/effort/size of apartment wise.

Sometimes I am tempted when I see some sweet little sphynx online but you need to know the right number for you or how could you ever stop :D

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have 2 nakeds. That's all I'll have because I also have one furred cat and 2 dogs. But I think for me, I would have 4 if I didn't have any other animals.

Emily0404

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We have 4 :) they are so loving with each other- I think you could have any amount and they would be happy! It just depends on affordability I guess :)

kimmyhm

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have two and furred cats, I would love another but I'm not going to get 1 until I have less animals but I would never be without a naked now

Jebsmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have one and a older Russian Blue named Karl .I'm gonna get another nakid so Jeb has a playmate , Karl doesnt want to play with him very much .... poor kid lol
1461141_10151831108903527_673242891_n.jpg

Kyla L

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have one naked and one dog. We are planning on adding another dog in the distant future... But no time soon. So I can't get another naked for at least another couple years. We only do one baby at a time. Lol. But if I could I would have two nakeds and two dogs at all times. Right now Basil is doing amazing stepping into Vash's protector roll, but Nigel is still a butthead. I don't think I could handle another baby naked for a while.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394316761.908789.jpg

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
We have 3 Sphynx and one Bengal. For the size of our home and litter boxes, 3 cats is ideal. But having 2 senior cats and having got a kitten we have no balance in the house as far as energy level. That is why we got the kitten a kitten and the house immediately became balanced. Sooooo I think the perfect number is based on size of home and energy levels between them all.

Patti

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Blue is my only sphynx but i have the broody-bug bad & really want another one, i'd love a white or cream boy with blue eyes, but my other half has put his foot down as we have 2 cats & 2 dogs so its a nice balance & everybody gets along great, were just like the waltons but with animals lol, but i do tend to get my own way quite often & i think i might start trying for a new baby after Blue turns 1 so im not taking away his baby time....watch this space....!!!!

redmonsMUM88

Lairian
i have one. i think 2 would be great for my apartment but idk about a kitty and an older cat so if i found one id prob need to be older but then there can be soo mamy conflicts ill prob stick with just redmon as long as i absolutly can amd whem he does what pets do.. which i do not want to talk about.. i wpuld get 2 siblings so they can grow togetjer

GizmosMommy

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have just one sphynx and two fuzzys...I would love another sphynx tho :) lol...perhaps it will happen some time in the near future ;)

Embracing-Joyx4

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Blue is my only sphynx but i have the broody-bug bad & really want another one, i'd love a white or cream boy with blue eyes, but my other half has put his foot down as we have 2 cats & 2 dogs so its a nice balance & everybody gets along great, were just like the waltons but with animals lol, but i do tend to get my own way quite often & i think i might start trying for a new baby after Blue turns 1 so im not taking away his baby time....watch this space....!!!!
The Walton's is one of my all time FAVORITE shows! I was just talking about it yesterday with a friend at church. :)

Embracing-Joyx4

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well it's a very individual choice.
Of course what you can afford is
First. What you have a good amount of time to care, nurture for also. Like stated also a balance maintained in your home which is your and your partners haven needs to be considered.
I have 4, there was an adjustment at 3, because she came to us from a previous owner and an adult to our younger kittens.
We had things kinda well under wrap by the time out 4th kitty came in November. And there was zero adjustment we really got blessed because he has the most superb personality and temperament. We got him when he was 20 weeks. So now we experience a variety of stages. And each has unique qualities.
I ".think" we found our number for now with regards to sphynx.
Plus I have a flame Siamese, and care for other pets in need of food & medical. & spay or neutering.
I'm a sucker for a stray, or rescue.
Iam a felines Walton's mountain .

KwaziCat

Lairian
I have two nekkids, no other pets. I'm itching for a third. Hubby won't let me and I won't try to coerce him into it this time...lol

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I like three cats. There is a good harmony with three for me. I feel like there is enough of me to go round and if one is ill I have enough energy to give them extra attention without being overwhelmed.

Helsinki

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have one, but my husband and I are sharing a house with my friend for a while and she has two nakeds and a Devon Rex. I adore her cats, but I think it has shown me that I really enjoy having just Zoa - and Zoa seems to prefer it that way too. She gets along okay with the other cats for the most part but she's definitely much happier when they aren't around. So, for my family, I think one is the right number for the foreseeable future :)

Back