Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How many of you named your sphynx a human name?

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I wanted to know how many of you named your sphynx a human name.

My two dogs are Maggie and Victoria.
My three sphynx boys are Liam, Grayson and Simon.

When I had my last four hairy cats, I named them Chucky, Angelica, Scootie (short for Scooter Pie) and Kiwi.

I just can't seem to name my miniature poodles and my sphynx cats anything but human names because they are so much like people to me. :BigSmile:

PrimateLove

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Mine is named Emma Leigh, but I have named all my cats with human names:

Dennis Michael
Alyssa Marie
Emma Leigh
Mickey

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Mine is named Emma Leigh, but I have named all my cats with human names:

Dennis Michael
Alyssa Marie
Emma Leigh
Mickey

Love it! :Smile:
I was going to name my first one...Liam with a middle name. I was going to call him "Liam Grayson", but then I thought to myself that if I do get a second sphynx and the next one is a blue point which I wanted, I would save the name "Grayson" for the new guy only 'cause I love that name and he'd be my "GRAY"..."SON"! :Laugh:

muddpuddles01

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I gave mine a human name, but its really uncommon. Lenore is an old lady name because that's what her wrinkles remind me of! A little old person!

Nefertari

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Eli is a human name, the rest of my pets have always been silly or none human (Used to have leopard geckos called pinky and brain :Laugh:) Oh no i had rabbits called Finn and Jake (cartoon characters but human names )

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Eli is a human name, the rest of my pets have always been silly or none human (Used to have leopard geckos called pinky and brain :Laugh:) Oh no i had rabbits called Finn and Jake (cartoon characters but human names )

Yep, cartoon characters, but human names for sure.
Just like when I had my hairy cats, "Chucky and Angelica"...that was from the cartoon Rug Rats!

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
well our Cornish is "hansel" i wanted a Gretl but ended up with "hairy" , his Paper say "Hairy Moritz" because I felt bad ( my husband picked the Name out for him and I wanted Moritz and he wanted Hairy and so the Papers have both names ) , to my Mom he is "harry" because she does not understand Hairy ( she is German and in Germany ) so she thinks i named him after the "nekkid Prince Harry" from Great Britain because that was around the time I got Hairy-harry when he was caught in Las Vegas Nekkid ! haha

muddpuddles01

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
well our Cornish is "hansel" i wanted a Gretl but ended up with "hairy" , his Paper say "Hairy Moritz" because I felt bad ( my husband picked the Name out for him and I wanted Moritz and he wanted Hairy and so the Papers have both names ) , to my Mom he is "harry" because she does not understand Hairy ( she is German and in Germany ) so she thinks i named him after the "nekkid Prince Harry" from Great Britain because that was around the time I got Hairy-harry when he was caught in Las Vegas Nekkid ! haha

That's hilarious!

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

That's so funny (about your mom). :LOL:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Named our first Sphynx, Babas (pronounced Babiss) after the last name of our dear neighbors. They are seniors and just the sweetest people. He is bald, and wrinkly just like him...lol. We consider him to be Babas' Godfather and when we told him we were naming him Babas he actually got all teary. The day we brought him home in his pouch they came running out to see him:) Thanks for bringing back such a great memory.

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I have Moses, and his middle name name is Pallideer. Sooo..I have Moses Pallideer, and then Fluffy's real name is Mary Magdelene...because she was a rescue from a kitten mill, and well...uhh...just a little Biblical humor there, she didn't have a name when she was at the kitten mill have kittens, and the foster family was with named her "Fluffy", and she was only with them for a week while she got spayed, so not really long enough to stick as far as her learning it, but my family liked it better than calling her Mary.

When I was a kid, my furry cat was named Rudy, after the girl on the Cosby show.

Jen

Taraforweb

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Not our sphynx... but my childhood dog's name was Rodney. We also 3 other dogs at different times: Kurt, Erik, Sam.

KitCatty

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We have had some human named cats in the past.... Olivia, Ruppert, Normand, a named Fred and Now we have Lyle....

Oz and Diggs technically have portions of a persons name.......well character anyway ;)

The wizard of Oz's name is Oscar Zoroaster, Phadric, Isaac, Norman, Henkel, Emmanuel, Ambrose, Diggs

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can't imagine having anything other than a human name for mine. New kitty comes home in a week and a half, and hubby thinks its funny that we should name him "Cuddles McMeowington".

The REAL names under consideration are:

Stewart
Leo
Jacob
Henry
Louie

We have both vetoed SO many names bc of negative human "associations" with a particular one!

Emily0404

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My furries are Molly, daisy and wilbur. So human names - my sphynx is called Milton binx - but we call him Binxy . His brother whom is coming home tonight is being named Brian ! Haha

Embracing-Joyx4

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Apollo is my "elf cat" i love greek mythology, i was going to name my female coming in 11 days Athena but Admin has a Athena so i had to re think that...I dont want to reveal the name i picked yet lets just say yes its human and greek and other orgins... i want to name all a names from the cattery iam getting kitties at.:Wink2:

ElvirasMum

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Our cats are: Olivia Louise, Elvira Lucielle, and Morticia Anne.
The dogs are: Coco Bean and Spike.
I didn't name either dog. Our 8 year old named my sister's Domestic Shorthair Olivia. I stuck the Louise on as that's my sister's middle name. My husband named Elvira, and our 8 year old stuck the Lucielle on. I named Morticia Anne, well I didn't have to stick Anne on, it just sort of came out the one day and she's been Morticia Anne ever since!

zombiequeen13

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I wanted to know how many of you named your sphynx a human name.

My two dogs are Maggie and Victoria.
My three sphynx boys are Liam, Grayson and Simon.

When I had my last four hairy cats, I named them Chucky, Angelica, Scootie (short for Scooter Pie) and Kiwi.

I just can't seem to name my miniature poodles and my sphynx cats anything but human names because they are so much like people to me. :BigSmile:

I have really only named 1 of my 4 sphynx kitties. Fire Truck but he also the only one I have bought from a breeder, the other 3 were rescued and I did not want to rename them. Ark is short for his full name his previous gave him, Arkaramoo. The two little girls I rescued were already named human names, Olivia and Emma. They suit them though.

Back