Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

How much do I feed??

souplouie

Lairian
I'm switching to raw and found a local place that makes it and I'm looking to order, however I just wanted to double check how much to feed him at 8, almost 9 months. He's already almost 10 pounds but not overweight, just large. Do I still do 4% of his current weight since he's a kitten, or 2% of his ideal body weight?

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This probably wont answer your question but I feed my boys 3.5 oz each twice a day. I noticed Finn was getting a bit of a belly yesterday so I've dropped him down to 3oz per meal and I'll go from there! I think it all depends on how active your kitty is ect.

souplouie

Lairian
This probably wont answer your question but I feed my boys 3.5 oz each twice a day. I noticed Finn was getting a bit of a belly yesterday so I've dropped him down to 3oz per meal and I'll go from there! I think it all depends on how active your kitty is ect.
How old is he/how much does he weigh????

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Finn just turned one this month and he weighs 13 pounds. Yoda will be 2 in September and he's about 12 pounds :)

Luna112

Lairian
I'm switching to raw and found a local place that makes it and I'm looking to order, however I just wanted to double check how much to feed him at 8, almost 9 months. He's already almost 10 pounds but not overweight, just large. Do I still do 4% of his current weight since he's a kitten, or 2% of his ideal body weight?
Do you have a picture of your boy? I’m still getting familiar with the breed. And I’m trying to observe the body condition of sphynxs.

Back