Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I need a home, they are keeping me in a cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What dosent this person contact the breeder.
Most breeders have contracts to send the cats back if something happens.

Brooke

Banned
This ad sounds fishy to me. Buyer Beware...I hope it's not, but it's got the classic red flags...including a sad story that tugs at your heart strings.

If anyone here answers this or any other classified ad for a sphynx, just be careful. I've learned this the hard way...there are a lot of scammers out there that are preying on our love of these cats!

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
agreed, upon reading the ad further i do also feel like this might be a scam, maybe i'll check into it and report it to kijiji if needed.

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
ok this guy is actually selling this cat, i asked if i could take a look at her before i made up my mind and he said yes, however i don't think the story is for real so i would still be careful, he is selling all kinds of items all over the internet, with the same phone number and address in some of the pictures you can see the house or other items he is selling and it is the same ones so i know he actually has the items but his intentions do not seem well, i sure hope that kitty is being taken care of properly and i hope she is not stolen from someone who misses her :(

NeonLily

Lairian
It does seem like it could be a scam. I saw a similar ad somewhere for a sphynx in New York that was supposedly free. I emailed the person on the ad asking about the cat and never got a response.

NeonLily

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Too many people are using sphynx cats as a means to scam people, that and olde english bulldogs too because they are two of the most expensive breeds, i never understood why people just can't get a life :Frown:

Brooke

Banned
ok this guy is actually selling this cat, i asked if i could take a look at her before i made up my mind and he said yes, however i don't think the story is for real so i would still be careful, he is selling all kinds of items all over the internet, with the same phone number and address in some of the pictures you can see the house or other items he is selling and it is the same ones so i know he actually has the items but his intentions do not seem well, i sure hope that kitty is being taken care of properly and i hope she is not stolen from someone who misses her :(

Thanks for checking into it, lovinsphynx. I hope this kitty gets a good home!!

the part that seemed fishy to me was his story. I was just thinking, if I had just lost my son and was all alone like he says in the ad, the LAST thing I would be getting rid of is my sphynx companion.

Last edited:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks for checking into it, lovinsphynx. I hope this kitty gets a good home!!

the part that seemed fishy to me was his story. I was just thinking, if I had just lost my son and was all alone like he says in the ad, the LAST thing I would be getting rid of is my sphynx companion.

I agree with that, Brooke. Seems like he'd want to keep the sphynx in honor of his son's memory at the very least. What makes me feel bad is that the this little sphynx looks sad in the photos, probably because she is locked up in a cage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back