Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ideas for the Secret Santa

holly_savage

Banned
I am starting this thread (someone suggested it earlier) so that those who are participating in the Secret Santa Exchange can post some ideas on things their cat(s) like / dislike / need / couldn't care less about...

Just as a helpful guide...some of us :Dizzy::Dizzy:are clueless about shopping for other people and their cat(s)!

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Reading through every post my target ever wrote atm. :Laugh:
Pity that you can't answere when you find interesting old threads though because it would look a bit suspicious if you answere to a couple of deeply buried threads containing posts of the same user. :p

Me and Darwin like everything by the way. Surpises especially. :BigSmile:

TotenEngel

Banned
Pity that you can't answere when you find interesting old threads though because it would look a bit suspicious if you answere to a couple of deeply buried threads containing posts of the same user. :p

Me and Darwin like everything by the way. Surpises especially. :BigSmile:

lol, I have been doing the same myself! though the way you say 'target' worries me a little!! lol

I am veggie so nothing meat based for me, but sure Smeagol would appreciate meaty goodies lol! He doesn't like collars and we are still working on the jumpers lol (found him asleep on top of the jumper he had been wearing last night, how he wiggled ou I have no idea!!)

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Pigman like almost anything. He really likes soft toys, his favorite is a beanny baby with no beanies left. He does wear clothes, I have never tried collars on any of my cats as when they go out they wear harnesses.

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi everyone! I am excited about the Secret Santa! I missed you all! My daughter was hospitalized all week because of her asthma...She was in Intensive Care so It was very scary! But we are back home and feeling better!

We love surprises! ! My boys love wearing clothes and pretty much every kind of toy!

I'm going Shopping!!!!!!!

TotenEngel

Banned
Hi everyone! I am excited about the Secret Santa! I missed you all! My daughter was hospitalized all week because of her asthma...She was in Intensive Care so It was very scary! But we are back home and feeling better!

We love surprises! ! My boys love wearing clothes and pretty much every kind of toy!

Oh gosh! I hope she is feeling better, furry and non furry hugs your way :)

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Great idea on the thread Holly!
Nudie likes to wear clothes, doesn't like collars, likes toys that she can chase, likes toys that make noise, likes those stuffing free animals (skinzeez or something like that)
Skinderella likes to wear clothes, doesn't like collars, likes any toy she can get her hands on- breeder says she's obsessed with toys (OCD perhaps:LOL:)
Overall they are sweet sphynx girls who will be happy with anything they get :BigSmile:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Hope your daughter is well now (I have asthma pretty bad and those hospital trips are no fun).

Great idea!

Alice likes: Sweaters (she wears an XXS), collars with bells, Fancy feast, Cat fancy (seriously she reads it with me!), things on strings, greenies, car rides, blankets.....and surprises.

Dita likes: Pretty collars, sparkles, blankets, blue buffalo grain free food, bath toys, greenies (she does tricks), being warm?

I like: That's a hard one. I like to read, and play with my cats. If the cats are happy, I'm happy. :BigSmile:

Gizzymom

Banned
This is a great idea!!!

Gizmo will not wear a collar (harness OK), will wear shirts without sleeves or with very short sleeves, likes furry rats (big ones, not mice), skinneeez (but he has the squirrel, chipmunk, and skunk), plastic toys, crinkle toys.... likes Purrs, but loves Pounce (soft treats)... loves soft blankies... :ThumbsUp:

Bella07

Banned
Great Idea! I know, now I am going to start secretly "stalking" my person's old posts and threads :Wink:

Well...to the person who has my name, thank you of course, and happy holidays!

I do own 2 female cats, who both have long hair. (I love them to death!) One is 7, and the other is 14. Anything would be great for them--- The only thing is that they both refuse to wear clothes and no harnesses! And now, since I don't own a Sphynx yet, but really hope to by the Summer of 2011, I am completely open on anything that you think my future Sphynx kitten will like!

So basically, we are all open to pretty much anything. We are a house full of love, and will be grateful for anything that you get us! Plus, with my house full of animals, we will find use for anything...So, I am just going to leave everything up to your imagination! Thank You! :Laugh:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hairless I hope your daughter feels better.
I almost died from asthma before and know how bad it cn be.
Cleo and Wrinkles love balls.
Polar loves the teasers.
They are wear clothes.
They all wear small in clothes.
They all like toys that dangle.
Polar can eat any treats.
Wrinkles is allergic to everything except duck and turkey.
Cleo can have any poultry.
They N/B for food.
Polar eats Chicken Soup.
They love catnip toys.

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

LMAO @ "target" :LOL: :LOL:

I am thread hunting too....I've never done this before so I am stumped. :Dizzy:

As for us, no food treats for the boys cuz of Poopy's allergies. Other than that, surprise us!!! They are young enough that I am still discovering their likes/dislikes. The only dislike I have found, is I think Orion doesn't like clothes.....he went ape-s**t crazy when I put a home-made one on him. :Surprise: Mind you, maybe he's just a snob and wants designer kitty clothes! LOL. I don't know what size they are, but if you buy medium and up they should fit, otherwise, they'll grow into it :LOL: Honestly though, surprise us! We would be grateful and thankful for whatever our Secret Santa decides for us :Smile:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

We've been missing you too. I'm glad your daughter is feeling better now.

susi794

Staff member

Hairless--glad to hear your daughter is ok...I also have asthma, but haven't had a bad flare up for quite a long time. Will pray that she doesn't have another.
Much love,
Susi and the gang

susi794

Staff member
Ok, here's what we like and don't like:
We LOVE:
*crunchy treats-- especially the ones that are tartar control.
* fuzzy blankies
*catnip cigars are our favorites
*loose catnip
*things that we can hide in
* the girls wouldn't mind trying some neck bling --a homemade necklace might be fun.

Things we don't love so much:
*We're not thrilled about clothes--we will wear t shirts if they fit right (they usually don't). We don't use collars--we always use a harness when we go out.
*we eat raw food, so we don't use canned food--we use some dry food--usually Purina One with meat as the #1 ingredient--the higher protein ones like TOTW give us diarreah

Me: I'm pretty low maintenance-- don't need much, but I do like things that make me feel spoiled--a fuzzy blanket to cuddle up with on the couch, a Heath candy bar (forbidden fruit), a cup of sugar-free hot chocolate or I found this stuff called Hills Bros. Cappuccino English Toffee that I am currently LOVING, stuff to keep my feet soft and callous free, bath gels or things that make my house smell nice. I also like diabetic socks or footies to keep my feet warm around the house....I like comfort. LOL

But I will absolutely adore anything anyone is kind enough to give my gang and me because we know that whatever it is, it will be a gift from your heart, and that is everything to me!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'd like to throw in my two cents on this one. Don't do like I did last year and get a gift card to Petsmart. When I received Butterball's package I couldn't help but think how lame my gift card was. I felt really bad. I was a bad santa.

Don't make my mistake. Show some creativity and/or originality and get something for kitty. Toys, catnip, t-shirts make good gifts. I'd love to see a photo of a funny kitty gift.

Sorry for my lack of creativity last year, sydkat7.

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'd like to throw in my two cents on this one. Don't do like I did last year and get a gift card to Petsmart. When I received Butterball's package I couldn't help but think how lame my gift card was. I felt really bad. I was a bad santa.

Don't make my mistake. Show some creativity and/or originality and get something for kitty. Toys, catnip, t-shirts make good gifts. I'd love to see a photo of a funny kitty gift.

Sorry for my lack of creativity last year, sydkat7.

Damn, and I was thinking about sending $30 cash in an envelope. :Cool:

You are right. A well thought through present is the best thing ofc. Part of the fun as well to investigate your person through all the posts he/she ever made and try to figure something out.
May I ask what you got for Butterball btw? :Smile:
I guess there is a thread for all this from last year but haven't checked for it yet.

spygirl

Banned
Oooo... This is a good idea! I too, have never done this before, so this is helpful!

Well, we are most definitely getting the new kitty on December 24th, unless his neutering doesn't go as it should. So far I've bought the basics (litter, littler box, etc.) and a collar, harness, and leash. We're going skull themed for the little guy! I also bought a Halloween skull fleece blanket for him. But I have yet to buy any toys or treats, so those would be welcomed!

As for me... I adore chocolates! I also like to read. One of my favorite things to do is to ask random people in the book store what they're reading and try that book. I love sci-fi, mysteries, classic fiction... Pretty much anything! And I'm like Susie... I love any "spa" type things, like bubble bath, feet stuff, etc.

This is so much fun! Now to stalk my "target"... :LOL:

ranalashae

Banned
I have been thinking about this non stop!

Nala likes little toys that she can loose in five minutes. Anything bigger than a golf ball (you know those foam ones?) she doesn't really care for, unless it's dangling on a string! She does not love clothes but I put them on her anyways. haha I'm so mean. We use science diet. I can't think of anything else.

Here is another question though, would you guys like a regular ol' gift form the pet store, or something that had more creativity in it? Maybe something partly made? Pretty photos of the area?? I don't want to just go buy some cat toys and a shirt for my person I guess. haha

Hmmmm!

tessblack

Banned
Who ever gets YPVSYPVS must get him some clothing, so he will have to close all the curtains and dress his kitty!!! Break the big Euro taboo!

Back