Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

I'M ENGAGED!!!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey everyone!!

Well, it's happened...the one thing i didn't think would happen for at least another 5, 10 ,1000 years and oh boy did he surprise me!!!

It was my 30th birthday on the 7th and Hinchy threw me a surprise party on the Saturday. I had no idea! I thought i was meeting a few friends in town for drinks and when we parked at my place of work he said "let's go in for a quick drink" so we go through and there's all my friends and family!!! Up until that point i don't think i have had a bigger surprise in my life!!:Woo:

So after about an hour he gets on the mike and calls me up to the front, everyone sings happy birthday and brings out a cake...so sweet! He then announces that the present he had ordered for my birthday that hadn't arrived had turned up in time for my party...goes over to the side and picks up a large wrapped box...as he's walking over to me he trips up and drops te box, which makes a loud smashing sound :Dizzy::Dizzy:

So there's my boyfriend on his knees in front of me with a broken present! He looked so upset and i was devestated for him...Hinchy is quite shy and i know it had taken alot of guts for him to get up infront of everyone so i was so upset for him!!

He then says "well all i can say is i'm glad that's not your real present" gets up on one knee, pulls a box from his pockket and opens it to the most beautiful square cut diamond ring and asks me if i'll give him the honor of being his wife!!!!

I SAID YES!!!!

Am completely on cloud 9 at the moment and feel constantly sick with happiness and nerves, can't even get my head around the fact that i'm actually getting married to start planning anything!!

I'm sorry i didn't let you all know sooner but i've been a little wrapped up in the moment!

XxX

AmazonGoddess

Lairian
Awwwwww! Congratulations to you both. I read your story with a big, huge grin on my face. It sounds like you have a lovely fellow who just loves you to pieces. I bet you're both floating on cloud 9!

Now, you have to keep us in the loop with all the wedding preparations!

Congratulations again and *big, huge, happy hugs*

A.G.

Gizzymom

Banned
CONGRATS!!! That was sooo sweet how he proposed!!! I hear about some some really cheesy proposals... but that was honestly one of the BEST ones I've heard... Kept you guessing, but made sure you were surrounded with friends and family to celebrate not only your birthday, but also your engagement!!

Congrats again!! :Celebrate:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow congrats on the engagement. What a way to do it especially if he is a shy one. Very cool, so who is going to be the ring bearer? Maybe some hairless guy?

It's already been talked about!!:BigSmile: We are just concerned that his hatred of people might get in the way!!

X

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
BIG BIG BIG BIG congrats!!!!
So, was the 'broken gift' a gag, or was it a real gift was was broken?

susi794

Staff member
Congratulations Alexia and Hinchy! Great proposal, Hinchy! Sending you many prayers for happiness always! It's lovely to read some good news...may your life together surpass all your dreams!
Much love,
Susi and the gang

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
a bit late to this party lol but i figured i would wish you three well on here as well as FB :D and Hinchy is awesome just like You :)

Back