Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Introducing Bellatrix!

Gryffindor

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey all! I figured I'd post this in here, since it's the Introduction forum.... My wife and I went to pick Bellatrix, our little Donskoy bundle of joy, up yesterday evening and were very busy with introducing her to Draco and Severus, lol.

Draco, surprisingly, did not really pay her any mind at all. We were surprised at how good he was, since he was so bad when we got Severus.

Severus on the other hand, is rather rattled by her. He hisses and howls upon sight of her, so he's going to definitely need a bit of work, haha. When she's not in eyeshot of her, he's perfectly normal, so we're definitely ahead of the game.

Bellatrix is surprisingly comfortable in her new home already and it hasn't even been a day yet. She's eating and drinking like a champ, purring like there's no tomorrow and walks around the place like she's been here all along. We thought for sure that she was going to have a tough time, because she was flown into a local breeder and then spent a couple of days in her care, then to us. She had a long week for sure...We're ecstatic that she's taken to the place so well.

Anyway, here's a couple of quick and dirty pictures for the time being, until we have time to take some better ones. She's either bouncing off the walls or sleeping, so it's been tough to get anything decent. Enjoy!

IMG_8782.JPG
IMG_8798.JPG
IMG_8802.JPG

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Absolutely awesome! Adjustments always take time.

Bellatrix looks super soft and cuddly. I love her paws. Keep us updated!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Happy gotcha day! Bellatrix is gorgeous and such a cutie. Glad to hear she feels home already. I'm sure Severus will warm up to a cutie like her in no time

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations! Glad she is settling in so well, and get ready, more “ tortitude “ is sure to follow lol. One thing you can try though is wiping all down with baby wipes. It helps to try to get her to smell more like them. Keep us posted and definitely keep the pics coming.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awww happy gotcha day for miss Bellatrix! She is so beautiful I love her markings. Hoping she settles in with the crew in no time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gryffindor

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks everyone! She’s an absolute gem! Not stressed at all. Here are a few shots after I rudely woke her up to clean her ears and eyes up a bit, lol.

88921bcca98c4b4f480578626df197d7.jpg

7e10033238d4da893fd86a91c553212f.jpg

8a2d5fe7cb122da8a35531639bb5c799.jpg

And it looks like Severus is slowly getting used to her....

2abff1ddce18051777ebaef976a1100a.jpg

Later on will be bath time for everyone, so that should be interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Gryffindor Happy Bellatrix Gotcha! She is absolutely gorgeous! What a sweet face !
Congrats to Draco amd Severus with their baby Sister!
Keep the updates and pics coming !

Welcome home Bellatrix

Gryffindor

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hey @Yoda mom and my fellow lairians. Sorry, work got the best of me over the last week, so I'm finally able to come up for a breath now.

The status report on Bellatrix was that we had a bit of a scare. She had a couple of minor boo boo's on her when we first got her, most likely from play fighting with other cats/kittens at the breeder's place. One on the back of her head, and the other on her jaw decided to blow up over the course of last Monday so we decided to bring her to our emergency vet about 11:30PM, being that we didn't want to wait until the next day. I had a full day's worth of meetings scheduled and was not sure when we could bring her to our general vet. Anyway, we brought her in and were finally seen about 3 in the morning, haha. It was a busy night there.

The doctor said that the puncture marks were obviously infected and prescribed an antibiotic for 7 days. In fact, I just gave her the last prescribed dose. The swelling got worse over the course of the first two days, but then steadily declined up until now. There's still a tiny bit of residual swelling, but everything is pretty much back to normal. I may give her one more day of meds as there is a little bit more left in the bottle, but we'll see. Throughout all of this ordeal, her behavior never changed one bit, so that was a great sign.

Regarding her getting used to her surroundings, she's been fine since day 1. Severus, finally relented and accepted her a couple of days ago and is now cuddling and grooming her on a regular basis, much to my wife's delight. She thought that we'd be coming home to a beaten up, half dead Bellatrix every day we got home from work last week. I told her she's a tough one, so I highly doubted that, haha. Every time she sees them resting together, it melts her heart now. Draco still can take or leave her, opting for warmth under his throw blankets most of the time. We leave the old man alone, especially since we don't want to overly stress him due to his HCM situation.

She's grown a good amount over the last week as well. I'm about ready to put her on a diet, because all she does is meow for food. We feed wet food in the morning and evening, along with leaving dry food out all day. Up until we brought her home, Draco and Weasley would leave a good amount of the dry food all day. Now, we come home to empty dishes and a rotund Bellatrix, haha. We figure she's a growing girl right now, but will continue to monitor her gluttony.

Anyway, thanks again for your warm sentiments. I'll continue to update everyone as time allows. Here are a few pictures from the last couple of days:
IMG_8862.JPG
IMG_8854.JPG
IMG_8824 2.JPG

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to hear things are ok and kudos to you for knowing those booboos were infected. Glad you trusted your gut and she is settling in nicely.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Thank you for the update and precious pics
Healing vibes and head smooches !

((Hugs)) to you and yours for getting her in ASAP
Wow .. that was one loooomg night at the emergency vet
Did you share this with the breeder

I know is your babies are blessed with the utmost love and care
I am so so happy Bellatrix will be okay

Severus no doubt is taking good care of Ms Bellatix
Draco is the supervisor :)
Btw , how are the boys?

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thanks for the update on Bellatrix. You are such great Sphynx parents. Sending you healing vibes for continued healing.

And I love the pictures. Looking forward to more in the future.

Gryffindor

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Glad to hear things are ok and kudos to you for knowing those booboos were infected. Glad you trusted your gut and she is settling in nicely.

Thanks so much. This is an instance of where my wife's penchant for being a hypochondriac came in very handy, hahaha.

Thank you for the update and precious pics
Healing vibes and head smooches !

((Hugs)) to you and yours for getting her in ASAP
Wow .. that was one loooomg night at the emergency vet
Did you share this with the breeder

I know is your babies are blessed with the utmost love and care
I am so so happy Bellatrix will be okay

Severus no doubt is taking good care of Ms Bellatix
Draco is the supervisor :)
Btw , how are the boys?

Yes. It was a very long wait, but given the circumstances, well worth it. We did let the breeder know and she was concerned as well and continues to check in.

The boys are fine. We have Draco's HCM scan at the end of the month, and have dodged bullets the last few times. We're hoping to dodge another one as his condition has been steady, but we know that one day, things will progress. Severus is great...driving us nuts, but surprisingly has taken well to Bellatrix, which has been a nice distraction for him.

Thanks for the update on Bellatrix. You are such great Sphynx parents. Sending you healing vibes for continued healing.

We sure try, haha. Thanks so much for your sentiments!

And I love the pictures. Looking forward to more in the future.

Blackcat1313

Lairian
Beautiful kids! Bellatrix has the sweetest little sleepy face.

The way I see it, it’s better to go to the vet to err on the side of caution. I’ve always been in tune with my pets and can usually tell when something isn’t right.

nudieluvr

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on your new nakkid! Sorry to hear about the hiccups. Good job getting your baby in right away for antibiotics. That can be scary, especially with a new cat you are still getting to know. It looks like your babies are continuing to become good friends. That can take a while.

Back