Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

IS THIS REAL?

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am pretty sure it is real.
I saw it months ago on another site.
That is the reason sphynx and peterbalds have to be protected with what they are bred with.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Snuffies mama had some long strangley hairs on her back! They came right off tho when you pet her, as if it were her hormones or something.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Interesting link havingalook. Makes me wonder if there are forums out there for those lil Peywackets. I wanna play with one. LOL

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It may be April Fool's Day but I am not joking.
It might be a Peterbald mix.
I have seen others like that.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I remember reading a story about that cat. It was voted ugliest cat in the world a few years back. It's real. I don't remember a whole lot of details but I remember Sam the ugliest dog in the world.

sam-ugliest-dog.jpg

susi794

Staff member
Bless them all...I'd take either of them in a New York second. So ugly they are beautiful. Wonder what their temperment is like?

Last edited:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
He was a rescue and I'm not sure they knew for sure what his exact background was. I remember seeing it on TV when he won his third consectitive year in their local ugly dog contest at the fair. Then several months later I remember seeing a report that they had to put him down due to heart failure. Here is some verbage I found online regarding him.

Probably the most famous and well-publicized Worlds Ugliest Dog was the 2003-2005 winner Sam. Sam was a purebred hairless Chinese Crested owned by Susie Lockheed of Santa Barbara, CA. He was taken in initially as a temporary rescue and was considered un-adoptable by most standards due to his age, looks and temperment. However after several days in a cage and being somewhat re-socialized, Sam was released from his cage and became on of the pack of other hairless dogs that Susie Lockheed owned. Unfortunately, Sam was euthanized in November 2005 at nearly 15 years of age due to heart failure. Sam was unofficially dubbed as the “Ugliest Dog Everâ€.

Sam became an Internet celebrity with articles and pictures about him posted all over the web. He made appearances on TV shows, radio programs, newspapers and even made an appearance on the Carson Daly show with Donald Trump and with Criss Angel on his show Mind Freak on A&E

Back