Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

It is HCM

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am not sure yet. I am going to make an appointment with Jack's regular vet to talk about my options. This was purely just a scan at the university.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am not sure yet. I am going to make an appointment with Jack's regular vet to talk about my options. This was purely just a scan at the university.

He hadn't even turned one yet had he? Really hoping the meds will give him a chance.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
he was one in june. his "health contract" ends october 1st but i am not going to do anything with it.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I kind of knew all along he had it. I am honestly not upset right now. What can ya do? He is acting 100% normal and happy and that is all that matters for now! I wouldn't take it back he is the best cat ever, he has the best personality out of all of them. I love him to pieces and he is what made me love sphynx cats. I think if I would have got Juno first I may not have liked sphynx, shes kind of stuck up. LOL

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My friends will help you deal with it.
It makes me mad that breeder is stil breeding with all the problems.
Lets hope Cocos med is the same so I can send it to you.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm very sorry to hear that one of your kitties has HCM. I hope you're able to control it and you have a long time together.

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh no, I'm very sorry:Cry: Several of my cats have lived almost 5 yrs after diagnosis but it's still extremely hard to cope with {hugs}

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm sorry to hear about Jack. I knew you have long suspected HCM, but that doesn't make take the sting of the diagnosis away. Remember HCM is not necessarily a death sentence. One day at a time. Hugs to you both.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm so sorry. There are many people here that are helping me through this horrible journey, so at least know you are in good hands and we are all here for you.

Bella07

Banned
Oh no, I am so sorry! I know that you were expecting it....but it's still must be hard for it to be confirmed. Your breeder does know about this right? Praying for your little Jack :Cry:

So sorry for you and Jack. Even though you were kind of suspecting, it still is not something you want to hear. I hope that caught early and with the right meds, he will have a long wonderful life with you.

Back