Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Lair Prayers Needed...NOW

admin

Administrator
Staff member

SarahLovee82

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
This got me so choked up at work this morning. @susi794 is, without a doubt- the heartbeat of the lair (sorry admin!) Susi opens up her heart to everyone & anyone & I am so honored to call her my friend. I am praying for her. I know how upset she is going to be to be away from her babies! Maybe we can start a collection to be able to send some funds to help support the care of her babies!? I'm not on the lair too much anymore I have a lot of trouble getting connected to it for some reason but @Catzzzmeow & @admin please please keep me updated via Facebook message if there's a major update.

To @susi794 you are so loved & there are so many prayers going out to you right now. You're a strong lady & we know you'll get through this! <3

admin

Administrator
Staff member
This got me so choked up at work this morning. @susi794 is, without a doubt- the heartbeat of the lair (sorry admin!) Susi opens up her heart to everyone & anyone & I am so honored to call her my friend. I am praying for her. I know how upset she is going to be to be away from her babies! Maybe we can start a collection to be able to send some funds to help support the care of her babies!? I'm not on the lair too much anymore I have a lot of trouble getting connected to it for some reason but @Catzzzmeow & @admin please please keep me updated via Facebook message if there's a major update.

To @susi794 you are so loved & there are so many prayers going out to you right now. You're a strong lady & we know you'll get through this! <3
@SarahLovee82 - http://sphynxlair.com/community/threads/lair-prayers-needed-now.28419/page-2#post-343726

ZiggyStardust

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Update : Susi's sister called and said she just got home from feeding Susi's Gang. There is nothing new to report on her condition. She is heavily sedated and in ICU. Her sister said she will send an address once she knows where she will be.
Yes I made sure her sister remembered to give Othie her antibiotics and yes the babies are doing well.
Patti

So glad to hear her sister is taking care of Susi's nakeds. I know she's probably so worried about Othie and she just got those precious babies!

Ok - I have changed the date to Monday August 11th. You can view donations and progress bar here - http://sphynxlair.com/community/goals/susi-get-well-soon.2/ :)

Thank you!!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@admin I just now seen, where the donations are being taken up.
I'm glad, you are keeping it open. Or, I, wouldn't have known in time, to donate.
I think your idea, of some flowers, from the lair to her, then, the rest in money,
is a great idea. She will have something to keep. While she recuperates.

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
biggest prayers ever going out from our House to Susi!!! Hope she recovers very soon and a quick recovery to be home with her babies!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Lairians you all rock! Your kindness and support are amazing. I called the hospital a while ago and of course I do not have access to get true health updates, but I did speak to the ICU nurse. I told her to please tell Susi I love her, next time I call (later tonight) I will tell the nurse to tell her The Larians send their love :)

I can't wait for a better update where I can say she is in her own room and healing and I have talked to her. Another member who is friends with Susi on FB sent me a message saying she saw a friend from her work place had gone to visit her. I know we all wish we lived closer to her to be able to pop in and see her...OMG imagine a hospital full of crazy cat people...lol. They would ban us because we would tire her out! Needless to say I am happy she had a visitor and until she can use iPad and read and stay connected to us, just keep her in your hearts and minds. She feels it.

Patti

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Okay Larians...I worked my magic and connected with someone I do not know but got her room phone number and I spoke to her. She said she got my messages from the nurse and thought why was the nurse not giving me her room phone number...duh!

Susi said I can share anything we speak about. She said she is in extreme pain...she is groggy but very "Susi" ...focused and when I said do you want me to go she said no I want to talk...that was until dinner arrived. She dropped me for vegetable lasagna...lol! God I love her. I asked for her entire menu and boy I wish I was sitting bedside with her chowing down :)

She is hoping to get a room on the regular floor tonight :) When she gets her room I will post the phone number as she said anyone can call her and she would welcome a short chat to pass the time. Her sister will most likely bring her iPad tomorrow so she will also be surfing and able to touch base tomorrow with many.

Here is the scoop from Susi herself ...She told me I could share with all of you. She shared she might lose her foot. They are doing more surgery tomorrow and she will most likely have a couple of other surgeries in the future. The doctor was very frank with her and said with the severity of this accident he wanted her to know that amputation is a possibility and likely. She said there were many complications due to previous conditions and meds and she needs to make the right choices for her to survive and she is prepared for it.

So for all new members and seasoned members...we have a long way to go...I say "we" as I know we all pull together and know this is personal. I have been a weepy mess and I know that so many of you had that same twinge at some point today and Susi popped into your head. My high of the day was when I passed the phone to hubby and he said to Susi "hello my Queen...I love you and get better." I could hear here gush and I could feel her smile from miles away.

Keep those prayers going Larians...for Susi and her sister.

@admin @ilovemysphynx @SphynxKid @gothicmist @PrimateLove

Patti

Last edited:

Dallassummer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow, I hope Susi feels better. We all can't imagine what she is going through. I will pray for her and her family. Will she need a prosthetic foot? Maybe the fund can help with that, those are not cheap!

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I keep forgetting that people need insurance in the US for their health care.... how does that work? How much would someone with insurance have to pay?

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you Patti, for the update. I'm so glad you were able to speak with her and I know that must have given you some comfort. Even tho you were dumped for the lasagna!
I have been thinking of Susi as my day passed and paused now and then to send up an extra prayer. Of course we will pull together and do what we can, even if it's just to brighten her day a bit.
Positive thoughts Susi! Be strong! Lean on us when you don't feel strong!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@MollysMom this is a very tough question to answer. It depends on plans and options. Nothing is free. Our deductible went from $0 to $3200 in a year. It is a touchy topic in the political arena here.

Patti

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
There is prayers from my community churches and anyone that knows
people at other churches and it is going to keep going to be a complete prayer
chain. The Lord has saved her life he needs to be praised for that.
I know it's bad but, it could be so worse. I'm GREATFUL it's not. Thank
You JESUS for that miracle.

cleozmama

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG, what awful news! Sending healing thoughts & best wishes for Susi's speedy recovery! xoxoxoxo

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Okay Larians...I worked my magic and connected with someone I do not know but got her room phone number and I spoke to her. She said she got my messages from the nurse and thought why was the nurse not giving me her room phone number...duh!

Susi said I can share anything we speak about. She said she is in extreme pain...she is groggy but very "Susi" ...focused and when I said do you want me to go she said no I want to talk...that was until dinner arrived. She dropped me for vegetable lasagna...lol! God I love her. I asked for her entire menu and boy I wish I was sitting bedside with her chowing down :)

She is hoping to get a room on the regular floor tonight :) When she gets her room I will post the phone number as she said anyone can call her and she would welcome a short chat to pass the time. Her sister will most likely bring her iPad tomorrow so she will also be surfing and able to touch base tomorrow with many.

Here is the scoop from Susi herself ...She told me I could share with all of you. She shared she might lose her foot. They are doing more surgery tomorrow and she will most likely have a couple of other surgeries in the future. The doctor was very frank with her and said with the severity of this accident he wanted her to know that amputation is a possibility and likely. She said there were many complications due to previous conditions and meds and she needs to make the right choices for her to survive and she is prepared for it.

So for all new members and seasoned members...we have a long way to go...I say "we" as I know we all pull together and know this is personal. I have been a weepy mess and I know that so many of you had that same twinge at some point today and Susi popped into your head. My high of the day was when I passed the phone to hubby and he said to Susi "hello my Queen...I love you and get better." I could hear here gush and I could feel her smile from miles away.

Keep those prayers going Larians...for Susi and her sister.

@admin @ilovemysphynx @SphynxKid @gothicmist @PrimateLove

Patti
@Catzzzmeow - please get the the info on how to send the flowers when you have a chance and her room is set up of course, I would like to get that set up.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back