Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Learning about Bea's past...

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So i'm taking Bea to the vet for the first time since being at our house. We've had her for a little over a year, but honestly she's such a timid kitty i didn't feel she needed to go until now. Call me a bad kitty-momma if you want :Angry: but i just didn't want to stress her out. anyway- even know she doesn't need to go, i'm just taking her for a check up :BigSmile:
Anyway- i was reading over her paperwork that her old owners gave to us (which i requested), because i'm taking it to the vet in the morning to keep on file. So i was reading over it. and it wasn't the first time i had read it, but the handwritting is so terrible that the other times i've attempted to read it, i could only make out some phrases. Well, i came across a line tonight that said

" cat jumped into a tub of glass" :Surprise::Angry::Cry::Sad:

Well, as my Fiancee and i were talking about it, both very upset with this info (and super thankful she's ok and living with us), we remembered that the old owners said their other kitty was not declawed, but that Bea was. the paperwork states her declaw surgery after this incident. awe, poor kitty :(

Just makes me so sad to think she went through something SO traumatic! just breaks my heart when animals go through things that they don't deserve. and i know about accidents- BELIEVE ME do i know! (hello Bronxe!) but it still makes me sad. Hell, knowing how irresponsible we were with Bronxe makes me so sad. :(

On a brighter note: bronxe is doing well. his levels have been coming down and is due for a visit on monday again.

And we are breeding our english bulldog!! yay :)

I'm been MIA and miss you guys :Laugh::Laugh:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
No wonder Bea is so timid! I'm so glad she is now with you.

Yay for Bronxe's falling levels. And you were not irrresponsible with him. His ordeal was an accident and accidents happen.

My parents had an English Bulldog when I was a young girl. I just loved her. I can't wait to see pictures.

Bella07

Banned
Poor little Bea...jumping into a tub of glass, then declawed? How awful! :Cry: Happy that both kitties are in loving hands now though. And do we get pictures of your English Bulldog?!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks for all the well wishes guys!!
Bea's visit went great! :) i was nervous but it went well! i was concerned with her suddent weight gain... turns out- she's just fat LOL ok, we can live with that! :) but we'll be dieting - or rather.. maintaning our eating habits. i guess our whole family could learn from this LOL

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Bea's visit went great! :) i was nervous but it went well! i was concerned with her suddent weight gain... turns out- she's just fat LOL ok, we can live with that! :) but we'll be dieting - or rather.. maintaning our eating habits. i guess our whole family could learn from this LOL

aww great photos! Bea is so pretty! Glad it went well. Snuffie was a fat girl...I finally found a good food thats 100% grain free and I've got her on a set daily diet, and up'd play time by 2 hours a day by teaching her how to fetch and she has slimmed right down! She still has a little tummy pooch but she doesn't look like you can milk her anymore!!:LOL::LOL:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
christina- thank you. She is a beautiful girl. her eyes are like emeralds :) oooh how i love her so much :) she's snuggling in bed with daddy right now. i guess she's a little upset with me :)
I have them on a pretty good food- taste of the wild. shes simply that she's a grazer- as my finacee often calls me LOL. we enjoy eating throughout the day opposed to set meal schedules lol.
The Dr recommened me measuring for her for the next week or so to measure how much per day they are actually eating, and from there, we'll figure out how much we should cut down. obviously doing it slowly so she won't get too upset, starving, and begging for table scraps :)

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

I'm so glad that Bea's vet visit went well. Our DSH Smeagol had been overdue for his annual visit beacuse it is just a trama to get him there.

Bea is pretty, but I just want to hug your bulldog and snuggle into her neck until she snorts!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so glad that Bea's vet visit went well. Our DSH Smeagol had been overdue for his annual visit beacuse it is just a trama to get him there.

Bea is pretty, but I just want to hug your bulldog and snuggle into her neck until she snorts!

This was what i was scared about with Bea. She's so timid and i just didn't feel it was necessary. i kept a CLOSE eye on her. and whenever bronxe would be an upper respiratory infection (not uncommon due to his allergies, and possible feline asthma), one time she sneezed a few times, i explained to the dr about her, and he gave me extra medicine to treat her. Also, if she didn't seem to get sick when he got sick, iwould give her a 1/2 dose of medicine every other day/every 3 days while he was being treated to make sure she didn't get it. so i stayed on top of her. i just didn't want to stress her out. so i totally understand

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So glad Bea and Bronxe are doing well!

There are few things cuter than bulldog puppies, I hope you share tons of pics:ThumbsUp::Laugh:

Back