Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Likeliness of bald f2 kitten growing hair

cherylfawnp

Lairian
What is the likeliness of a bald f2 kitten growing hair when it gets older. The mother is an f1 sphynx and the father is purebred. The kitten appears to have less hair than some kittens from a purebred litter...does that mean anything?

Thanks

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome. Well you just never know even with 2 totaly bald sphynx parents you could end up with a cat with some hair.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree.
My Cleo is a ASH outcross and she is balder then my other 2 sphynxs who are not outcrosses.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to the site. Some F2 kittens can turn out to be more hairless than a purebred. I don't think you can predict how much hair a F2 kitten might grow.

Bella07

Banned
Congrats on your new kitten! I recognize your picture, I know which breeder she is from.....Let us know when you bring her home!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Ha! That I do! I know just about every Sphynx breeder in the USA by now, especially when it comes to their current litters of little adorable kittens. I can't wait till 2011 rolls around, yes, yes, yes!

My hat is off to you for remembering. I searched so many sites that I couldn't keep them all straight. 2011 is going to be your year!

cherylfawnp

Lairian
I will pick him up on August 8th, and he will be 13 weeks then. I can't wait to have him at home!!! I wish I could fast forward time!!!

KushielsTart

Lairian
My female Zuul was completely hairless for 7 years, and all of the sudden she just sprouted patches of hair everywhere. Of course she's just a pet (just!) so it doesn't make any difference. We love it. She's even softer now. :)

Back