Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

looking for a new home for my sweet cat Velvet

Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetsmommy

Lairian
Hello everyone!
I'm looking to rehome my six year old sphynx Velvet.
This has not been an easy decision for us. We are getting ready to move out of State and since we do not know anyone there, we will not have anyone to watch her for us when we travel. We travel quite a bit, and it's not fair to Velvet to leave her all of the time. :Cry:
I really just want to find a home for her, where she can receive the love and attention she deserves.
We actually had another sphynx, but I already found a great home for her last week. She is with her new family now, who already had a sphynx and who is taking great care of her. (Believe me, separating them was one of the hardest things I ever had to do!)
Unfortunately it' s been a lot more difficult to place Velvet. I think that might be, because she's not completely bald. Although she was hairless when we got her, she did grow some hair after a few months. People always say she looks like we started to shave her and then stopped in the middle of it:BigSmile: . Her fur feels like cotton, and she' s super soft.

I did post ads on some websites, contacted breeders for help, asked friends and posted flyers at some vet offices. So far I have not been able to find the right family for her.

Wish list:
-a loving family who already has at least one cat (another sphynx would be perfect)
-no dogs, since she has never been around them
(-children, even small children are definitely ok)
-a family who can give her lots of attention and who doesn't travel too much (not like us)
- family who doesn't move too much
-a family who will not try to rehome her after a baby arrives
-a family who will NOT declaw her!

Velvet has been spayed and is up to date on all of her shots. She does not have any health issues and has not been declawed. She's TICA registered.

Velvet is a very mellow and sweet cat. She loves to cuddle and sleep under the covers!

I hope you guys can help me find a new family for her.
Any help/suggestion/advice will be appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Attachments

• 108-0860_IMG.jpg
    108-0860_IMG.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 129
  • 110-1018_IMG.jpg
    110-1018_IMG.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to Sphynx Lair. Velvet is very precious. What coat she has looks wavy so she may have Devon Rex (which was an acceptable breeding outcross for a number of years) a few generations back. Good luck in finding her a great home.

Inferno12

Banned
She is beautiful. She reminds me of Diego with her fur but she has much more. I have a soft spot in my heart for the furry ones now. Good luck in finding her a home. You have come to the best place. Hopefully someone on here can get the Sphynx they wanted and help you in return.

Good Luck

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
O.M.G.!! Velvet made my heart skip a beep!! Oh, i wish i didn't have dogs LOL (haha j/k kidding we breed and show bullies)... but because thats the only flaw we have against her... oh and having a house full already!
i'm such a fan of her hair!! and LOVE her back paws! i bet she's a doll to snuggle with.

i could only imagine how hard this is for you. such a tough decision. really hope you find the family that is perfect for her.

velvetsmommy

Lairian
Thank you guys! I I just received an email from someone who already has a "fuzzy" sphynx, and may adopt her. However; she has a dog. We'll see.... Waiting to hear back from her..

I agree that Velvet looks a little like a Devon Rex. We called the breeder about a year after we bought her, and she told us that Velvet's hormones caused her to grow some hair (after we got her fixed). She also told us she didn't breed sphynx anymore.. who knows.

Either way, Velvet is definitely unique and very pretty:BigSmile:

I'll keep you guys updated! Thanks for the nice welcome!

Shauntay

Banned
I think she is stunning. I also love the fuzzies. My Little Man looks just like a semi-balding Devon, and his full brother Douchiekins is hairless. I hope you find the perfect home for her.

Gizzymom

Banned
Oh Sookie's mommy.... I hope you are able to get her. That beautiful little girl needs a new forever home!!!

Fingers crossed!!!

SookiesMommy

Lairian
Hey everyone,
I think Velvet is beautiful. I was hoping she was closer tho. I don't have any way to get up to IN right now :Cry: Im from MI but wont be back up that way until May or June. I don't have the extra money to ship her right now due to Christmas expenses. Im sorry to get everyone's hopes up
Sookie's Mommy

velvetsmommy

Lairian
Hey guys!
I'm giving up on finding a home for her on the internet. I've received some super weird emails (scams), and exchanged emails with people who are definitely not the right match for Velvet.
I will keep her until I find the right home for her "word-of-mouth" only. I have to be able to meet the people and see their home and/or know someone who knows them. I don't know what I was thinking, when I hoped to find a home for her online!

Thanks for you support, and I will update you if/when I find a home for her.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Don't give up- the right home is here somewhere. The lair has had much success with people rehoming their sphynx- hopefully a lair member will log on and see this post:BigSmile: I agree about the online- too many weirdos:Dizzy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back