Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

looking for someone in austin tx area

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose shair

Lairian
so I have a lead on 2 kittens in austin tx, I dont mind paying for shipping but I wanna make sure this guy is legit and not a scam, so I was wondering if anyone here lived in austin that might be able to help me out.

rose shair

Lairian
yeah Im pretty savy thats why Im hoping maybe I can find someone in the austin area that could physically check the kittens out
I dont mind paying shipping if its legit

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hope a member from your area will be able to check for you.
If not, it's always good to ask for video's from the little ones and ask if you can phone the vet.

rose shair

Lairian
when I insisted a payment thru paypal of course I heard no more contact, he wanted payment thru walmart money order
scammers suck

Po213

Lairian
when I insisted a payment thru paypal of course I heard no more contact, he wanted payment thru walmart money order
scammers suck
I've had a few try to scam me also.. what I've done with the last couple I talked with was ask where they live and the vet that has seen kittens #. So far that's all I have to do because they don't get back in touch with me..

Yoda mom

Staff member
@rose shair , (((hugs))) I am proud of you for seeing the red flags
The scammers can be very creative even stealing pics of kitties on line from others .
Be sure to read the fraud link for good ideas to ask for like the great one mentioned by @Po213

How to Detect fraud sphynx cat adoption ads

The right kitty will find you

Always trust your gut

It's so hard I know to well when the sphynx heart strings pull for that special one

You can also ask for them to take a pic of the kitty with a newspaper with today's date etc
As well as other good tips in the fraud link

DeeNicole

Lairian
If you're tech-savvy, you can always try to do a reverse image search on Google of the pictures of the kittens they're showing you if you suspect anything fishy!

That way, if you see the exact same photo on Google somewhere (that's not their website or something), you know that they're likely ripping it off.

I use this all the time to help combat art theft and it can be really useful!

rose shair

Lairian
ya know I am pretty tech savvy but honestly its just not worth it. when he insisted on only a walmart money order I knew it was a scam, only way I would pay a person cash or money order etc would be on a face 2 face transaction but thank you for the info, that is a good Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back