Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking For Someone Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Aw Susi, I'm so sorry you have to find her a special somebody, I know you love her so much! I hope you find somebody soon!

brookybyers

Lairian
Brooke,
I have sent you a private message--they are called conversations now...look in your inbox.

If we could get Candy Cane to me I am still interested in giving her a great home here in Arkansas. I already talked to my vet and he said he has experience in sphynx and lots of experience with cats (i called to make sure bc i know he was great with our dobie and fixed my father in laws cat in my profile picture)

susi794

Staff member
I don't know how we would get her to you.....you sound like a great match for her. Nobody is going that way....will keep hoping there is an answer for my sweet girl.

brookybyers

Lairian
Oh yes we will have to keep praying I know I am- I will look on some transport cites about getting her here when this weather is bad I think its safer to have her ride in a vehicle than fly if we can only find someone from your way to mine lol

amikhaylov4

Lairian
You'll find a great home for her. I believe it. It'll just take some time. I pray that a good fit will turn up soon. So sorry you have to give her up, I can't imagine how difficult it must be after everything you went through with her XO

susi794

Staff member
No one seems to want her....we will continue looking, but she will always have a loving home with me. If it isn't meant for her to be in a single cat home, then maybe it won't happen, but I do hope for a more healthy and comfortable life for her. I adore her, so I wouldn't give her to just anybody. It isn't like she's deathly ill all the time either. But people seem to be scared. I am asking for commitment, and a forever home, and that scares people. But she isn't an experiment, so the right person has to come forward for my darling Candy Cane.

susi794

Staff member
Candy has some chronic sinus issues and an eye that weeps chronically as well. I give her one half a Zyrtec a day, keep her face washed so her nose is clear, and occasionally have to use eye ointment from the vet or eye drops for her nose and eye. Not really all that horrible...but vet thinks she has low immune system and that I might even be bringing home germs from school which flares up her nasal issues. And she picks up anything the other cats get....but will last a lot longer with her. Maybe someone else's vet can find an answer, but mine thinks she would do better in a single cat home.....

susi794

Staff member
@Biki...I am not sure how much it costs to ground transport. It depends on where you live. Sometimes it's cheaper to fly them home with you in the cabin. If you can find a cheap flight. I know Delta charges $150 to fly a cat in the cabin with you.

andreanar

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@susi794 well, those issues aren't that bad. Not bad enough to discourage anyone from taking her. I have always thought she was beautiful and if I was a single pet home,I would snap her up in a skinny minute!

gothicmist

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Susi q. Miss leia is due for her rabies ill talk to my vet while im there. Im not sure she was getting the messages the I was leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back