Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to be a New Daddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond Conway

Lairian
Hi everyone,

I've been a huge fan of the Sphynx breed since forever. When I was little I used to call them "Monkey Cats". Needless to say I know they are not monkeys anymore lol. I live in Atlanta, Georgia and I'm looking to finally adopt. As many of you are aware their are soooo many scams out there. People are getting even brave enough to talk to you over the phone. My last experience was with a man who said his sister died and he promised her on her death bed that he would take care of her two kitten or find them great homes. There was no adoption fee but had to pay for delivery which was not a problem. He wanted to do a wire transfer but I was smart enough to contact the same transportation company he recommended and they loved my passion to save the kittens and agreed to get paid on delivery even though the kittens were coming from IN to GA and they were in TX. Once he found out I worked it out he never responded and disappeared. I was honestly heartbroken... I current have the sweetest teacup chihuahua named Angel she is solid cream and weighs only 3 pounds. She is very sweet. She even tries to play with the stray cats outside on her walks. She is a huge cuddle bug and doesn't bark or even bite. I know the Sphynx personality would be the perfect fit for her so they can keep each other warm and entertained! Please help me Angel and I the perfect addition to our little family!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1437714968335.jpg
    FB_IMG_1437714968335.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 42
  • FB_IMG_1437714957411.jpg
    FB_IMG_1437714957411.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_67153806803491.jpeg
    IMG_67153806803491.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 25
  • FB_IMG_1435781338109.jpg
    FB_IMG_1435781338109.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 46

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome. So nice to put a face with a name right from the start! Glad to hear you are researching. If you are looking to adopt, be sure to check this section of the community regularly if not daily. Once they post, they usually go fast. We have seen several have good luck contacting breeders in their area so they can be in line to adopt retired breeding cats.

Your Angel is adorable!

Patti

Raymond Conway

Lairian
Hello and welcome. So nice to put a face with a name right from the start! Glad to hear you are researching. If you are looking to adopt, be sure to check this section of the community regularly if not daily. Once they post, they usually go fast. We have seen several have good luck contacting breeders in their area so they can be in line to adopt retired breeding cats.

Your Angel is adorable!

Patti

Thanks for the welcome Patti! I love this site its sooo much information. The feeling of community is refreshing! Most people that I talk to about my passion for the Sphynx breed think I've lost my mind lol ;):p:LOL:

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Raymond Conway lol funny part is we haven't lost our minds, but definitely all lost our hearts to these babies forever. Glad you are enjoying the info. Everyone tries very hard to keep this community positive and no bashing like many other sites or FB groups. Everyone deserves support and has a place to go to for information. It is amazing how newbies and seasoned members all can share great tips as well as their passion for the breed. Btw you rocked the purple shirt! I love my hubby in colorful shirts as well and purple and pink are great on many men...until Sphynx wax is rubbed on them...lol

Patti

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello, and welcome to the 'Lair (I think I missed your intro post).

What a cute little teacup chihuahua -- Angel is a perfect name. I hope you both find a great naked companion soon.

Monkey cat is a good term actually, since so much of their behaviour is monkey like!

And agreed, you totally rock your wardrobe (and hair style)! Can't wait to find out about a future Sphynx for your family!

Raymond Conway

Lairian
@Raymond Conway lol funny part is we haven't lost our minds, but definitely all lost our hearts to these babies forever. Glad you are enjoying the info. Everyone tries very hard to keep this community positive and no bashing like many other sites or FB groups. Everyone deserves support and has a place to go to for information. It is amazing how newbies and seasoned members all can share great tips as well as their passion for the breed. Btw you rocked the purple shirt! I love my hubby in colorful shirts as well and purple and pink are great on many men...until Sphynx wax is rubbed on them...lol

Patti

Yes my wardrobe is quite the colorful one. I was raised in a very strict religious environment so black and white shirts or the devils to me now! It my silent protest to wear 90% of bright shirts and ties! Once I get my naked boy or girl I think it will be interesting for people to see a Teacup Chihuahua and a Sphynx playing together. I want to stretch the minds of those who have such a stigma of beauty in the animal/pet world.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yes my wardrobe is quite the colorful one. I was raised in a very strict religious environment so black and white shirts or the devils to me now! It my silent protest to wear 90% of bright shirts and ties! Once I get my naked boy or girl I think it will be interesting for people to see a Teacup Chihuahua and a Sphynx playing together. I want to stretch the minds of those who have such a stigma of beauty in the animal/pet world.

Love your attitude.

A little off topic (I'm a bit of a men's clothing lover), you may find these ties might suit you on occasion:

Ties That Don't Suck

I've bought a few ties from them (for myself) over the years, and they are very high quality and stunning!

Cheers.

Raymond Conway

Lairian
Hello, and welcome to the 'Lair (I think I missed your intro post).

What a cute little teacup chihuahua -- Angel is a perfect name. I hope you both find a great naked companion soon.

Monkey cat is a good term actually, since so much of their behaviour is monkey like!

And agreed, you totally rock your wardrobe (and hair style)! Can't wait to find out about a future Sphynx for your family!

Thank you for the welcome! I love this place. I'm currently at work and I'm checking the forums like every 10-15 minutes! Its my getaway. I'm a call center supervisor so this is my therapy in between the crazy. My Angel has learned to sleep during the time weird 3rd shift hours. I need to find her a naked playmate because she is too social to not have someone to interact with. She loves trying to play with the stray cats and she likes chasing birds like a cat except she doesn't try to eat them. :LOL:

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi and welcome Raymond! Love your pics! Angel is adorable! I too, think it would be cute to see a sphynx and Angel together. You may even get them matching outfits. I hope your able to find your baby. It's a shame there's scammers out there. Love your colorful wardrobe. Why be dull and boring? You will find this is a truly amazing website. Look forward to hearing more from you. Give Angel a kiss from me. She is just too cute!

Raymond Conway

Lairian
Hi and welcome Raymond! Love your pics! Angel is adorable! I too, think it would be cute to see a sphynx and Angel together. You may even get them matching outfits. I hope your able to find your baby. It's a shame there's scammers out there. Love your colorful wardrobe. Why be dull and boring? You will find this is a truly amazing website. Look forward to hearing more from you. Give Angel a kiss from me. She is just too cute!

Thanks. For the welcome. yeah angel is definitely a character. Sometimes she makes me a little nervous because she way to nice and loves to be the center of attention. I always have those awkward moments where we will be on a walk and will walk past the scariest looking homeless person and I end up giving them a dollars because she had to make sure she showed them some love! lol you she has an instagram page too angelchitea I haven't updated it in a while though.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Raymond Conway , welcome to you and precious Angel!
Sending a lair full of prayers the Sphynx stars align for you very soon!
Keep checking here - I adopted two brothers from right here on the lair!
Will keep my feelers out for you and Angel! I see a very loved spoiled well dressed Sphynx in your life :)

KitKat26

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi and welcome Raymond!, love your photos. Angel looks like a sweetheart. I can't wait to see photos of your new adoptee when you finally get him/her. I was almost scammed as well when looking at ads online. I'm glad you figured out what was going on. Keep your eye out for adoptee opportunities on the Lair. Sometimes people need to re home their sphynx and they come here looking for somebody that can give them a safe and reliable home. Good luck!

Raymond Conway

Lairian
@Raymond Conway , welcome to you and precious Angel!
Sending a lair full of prayers the Sphynx stars align for you very soon!
Keep checking here - I adopted two brothers from right here on the lair!
Will keep my feelers out for you and Angel! I see a very loved spoiled well dressed Sphynx in your life :)

Aww thank you it means a lot. I've waited for a while but now I know its the time for me to get one!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Have you searched breeders, for retired breeders?
They have them sometimes when they quit breeding them
and a lot of them are still very young, 3-4 yrs old.
They are cheaper than a new baby. Best wishes.

Raymond Conway

Lairian
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Have you searched breeders, for retired breeders?
They have them sometimes when they quit breeding them
and a lot of them are still very young, 3-4 yrs old.
They are cheaper than a new baby. Best wishes.

Thanks for the welcome. Yes I have checked it breeders but because I live in Atlanta they are not close for me to get to. I don't want to adopt of that is nervous around dogs even though my Angel isn't much bigger than a guinea pig lol. I know with a kitten they will bond instantly because any sort of fears of other animals can become "a thing"

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hello @Raymond Conway and welcome to sphynxlair for you and Angel! Angel looks adorable and I love her cloths. Angel does right to her name by showing her love to even the scarriest homeless people. She's an example to all of us. The sphynx that's going to live with you both is a very lucky girl/boy. Getting the love of you both and wearing great outfits!

Hope somebody in your place chime in and can advise you on breeders.

Prestopaws

Lairian
Hi and welcome! Little Angel is so cute and I love your style! I've only had my little Sphynx for a week and I can tell you they are just fab. I hope one comes your way very soon as I can tell you would spoil him/her to bits

Raymond Conway

Lairian
Hi and welcome! Little Angel is so cute and I love your style! I've only had my little Sphynx for a week and I can tell you they are just fab. I hope one comes your way very soon as I can tell you would spoil him/her to bits

Thank you for the welcome. I am very excited to own a sphynx!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Anyone will tell you. You don't own a sphynx, they own you. Good luck in your search. The right baby will come your way.

Absolutely. Max loves being held and carried around by hubby. When I take photos I usually title them "a boy and his kitty" until I was corrected that it's actually "a kitty and his boy". heh heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back