Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Looking to ReHome my 3 year old Tuxedo Sphynx Lady

Status
Not open for further replies.

baldandhair

Lairian
Hi Everyone,
After moving from Brooklyn to upstate NY, having a baby and now pregnant with a second, my kitty seems to be having a hard time with all the transition. We've had her since she was a baby and have all of her paperwork from the breeder. At this point, as much as it pains us, we think that rehoming her to a place where she gets the attention she deserves and the love she needs to thrive is the only fair option.

She has gorgeous coloring, on the small side, gets along with babies and other cats. (Not sure about dogs but never tried). Perfect health. Trained to go outside and come back in- doesn't run away! She will be successful in a place where her care givers have the time and energy to sit and pet her and cuddle with her. She also likes to cuddle at night and needs to be covered by a blanket to sleep. If you're interested in a cuddly, affectionate tuxedo sphynx please let me know! I will happily send more photos! No fee.

Thank you so much.

Warmly,
Alyia

Attachments

• IMG_3746.jpg
    IMG_3746.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 268
Last edited by a moderator:

baldandhair

Lairian
Beacon, NY in Dutchess County. More than happy to travel within an hour or two for a wonderful new kitty parent!

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@baldandhair sorry to hear that your little girl isn't happy with her new living situation. It saddens me, but at the same time it makes me happy that you are wanting the best for her and that's why you are here looking for a wonderful loving home. Best of luck finding her a purrfect forever home.

Can you please keep us updated when you do find her a new home as new and old members will continuously post here inquiring about her long after she is probably no longer available? Thank you.

Again, best wishes and best wishes with your new baby as well.

baldandhair

Lairian
Thank you @GoldHazel! I can relate- we are very sad it has come to this but confident that we are making the right decision for her. The most important thing is that our kitty is loved and safe. If we can't provide her with a home that she feels 100% loved and safe in, we're not doing right by her. I'm glad you understand!

I will absolutely keep the thread updated!

gener571

Lairian
I am looking to adopt a spynx now that mine passed. is it possible for you to ship (at my expense) to Virginia

baldandhair

Lairian
Hi @gener571 I'm not sure how I feel about shipping our kitty. Would you mind telling me a little more about yourself and giving me time to think about it? Our kitty is sensitive and I'm afraid shipping her would be traumatic for her. Again, I just need to think about it. Thanks for understanding!

Hannah Guin

Lairian
Hi @baldandhair! I'm in Virginia looking to adopt another baby. I currently have one 8 year old little man and I would love to get a companion for him. He is extremely sweet and loving and has never shown an ounce of aggression! We have no dogs or children. I'm able to fly anywhere American Airlines flies without a fee, so I'd be able to rent a car to drive back down. I'm also not comfortable with shipping pets whatsoever, especially on their way to a new home! I'd love to know more about your little lady if you get the chance!
~ Hannah

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you @GoldHazel! I can relate- we are very sad it has come to this but confident that we are making the right decision for her. The most important thing is that our kitty is loved and safe. If we can't provide her with a home that she feels 100% loved and safe in, we're not doing right by her. I'm glad you understand!

I will absolutely keep the thread updated!

@baldandhair no doubt, I'm sure it saddens you. Again, you want the best life for her and you know in your heart that she can be much happier elsewhere. You are doing a very brave deed. I give you credit and a BIG hug.

Since she is a sensitive girl, I personally don't recommend shipping her to another State. As a matter of fact, my vet was glad to hear that I was flying to pick up all my sphynx babies in another State rather than shipping them. He was totally against shipping a sphynx. I'm not telling you what to do, the final decision is yours. I know every single day there must be a sphynx getting shipped somewhere and for the most part, they do fine.

Gab

Lairian
Hi! I would love to adopt your kitten and find more out about her. I have two cat-friendly dogs and would be willing to work on the transition. I live in PA but could drive to pick her up if you did want to rehome her to me. My last Sphynx passed a few months ago and I've been waiting to adopt tante right kitty into our home this time around. Let me know more about her or if you'd want to proceed! Thanks!

Hi Everyone,
After moving from Brooklyn to upstate NY, having a baby and now pregnant with a second, my kitty seems to be having a hard time with all the transition. We've had her since she was a baby and have all of her paperwork from the breeder. At this point, as much as it pains us, we think that rehoming her to a place where she gets the attention she deserves and the love she needs to thrive is the only fair option.

She has gorgeous coloring, on the small side, gets along with babies and other cats. (Not sure about dogs but never tried). Perfect health. Trained to go outside and come back in- doesn't run away! She will be successful in a place where her care givers have the time and energy to sit and pet her and cuddle with her. She also likes to cuddle at night and needs to be covered by a blanket to sleep. If you're interested in a cuddly, affectionate tuxedo sphynx please let me know! I will happily send more photos! No fee.

Thank you so much.

Warmly,
Alyia

meowsix15

Lairian
Hi! My partner and I live in South Jersey and would love to adopt another sphynxie to befriend our own, Leela. I've sent you a PM. If she is still available I would love to try to set something up to come up to Brooklyn and pick her up :)

baldandhair

Lairian
Hi @baldandhair! I'm in Virginia looking to adopt another baby. I currently have one 8 year old little man and I would love to get a companion for him. He is extremely sweet and loving and has never shown an ounce of aggression! We have no dogs or children. I'm able to fly anywhere American Airlines flies without a fee, so I'd be able to rent a car to drive back down. I'm also not comfortable with shipping pets whatsoever, especially on their way to a new home! I'd love to know more about your little lady if you get the chance!
~ Hannah
Hi Hannah! Would love to talk about this more! Would you be able to talk over the phone? Just want to make sure our girl is going to a home where she'll be happy! Let me know :) thanks!!

baldandhair

Lairian
Hi! My partner and I live in South Jersey and would love to adopt another sphynxie to befriend our own, Leela. I've sent you a PM. If she is still available I would love to try to set something up to come up to Brooklyn and pick her up :)
PMd you!

baldandhair

Lairian
Hi! Thanks for reaching out! I'm concerned about the dogs- not because of anything they did!! I just know that right now our girl is stressed having a sister Sphynx and a toddler around- I feel like having two dogs around mag continue to stress her out and she shows her stress by having "accidents" outside the litter box. I hope you understand!!!
Hi! I would love to adopt your kitten and find more out about her. I have two cat-friendly dogs and would be willing to work on the transition. I live in PA but could drive to pick her up if you did want to rehome her to me. My last Sphynx passed a few months ago and I've been waiting to adopt tante right kitty into our home this time around. Let me know more about her or if you'd want to proceed! Thanks!
!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@baldandhair , ((hugs))) please keep us updated often
I have no doubt you will find a purrfect fit for your sweetie girl
from the interviews of members

I adopted two wonderful littermate brothers from a member who moved a few years ago -
We stay in touch and share pics - they send a xmas kitty packages for the boys each year and a bday wishes . They love them dearly I know - the boys just have two mums n dads now :)

To do right by them for their comfort and peace is one of the biggest act of selfless love -
All paws crossed for the purrfect forever home

Please keep us updated on your sweet girls adoption

NYC Andrea

Lairian
Hello Alyia, I sent you a PM just in case you're still looking for a home for Lady. She's a beautiful sphynx.

baldandhair

Lairian
Hi all- thank you for reaching out with inquiries and good thoughts! Today our girl went home to her new family. We are so grateful to have met them here on Sphynxlair. It was very sad for us to see her go however we are confident we made the right decision and hopeful that this ensures a safe, relaxing, happy future for her.

We appreciate all of your support throughout this process!!

Warmly,
Alyia

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@baldandhair thank you so much for updating us. It's appreciated. :)

I hope you can always find peace in your heart that you did the right thing for her. I hope everyone will be happier now. Thank you for doing the right thing for her. You have a big heart.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Glad you made a connection and I hope she is happy in her forever home. I am sure it was a hard day for you and I hope you get updates on how the transition goes.

Patti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back