Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Manipulated by a Sphynx

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OK so Dinka likes to nurse ME. I let him nurse my neck for a little while at bed time then I push him under the covers and he is fine. WEEELLLL - the past 2 days, at 4AM he wants to nurse and so I roll onto my stomach so he can't get to my neck. Yesterday he did the River Dance on my back and he got a quick reaction from me YEOOWWW!!!:Hysterical::Hysterical:And this morning he did the Tasmanian devil twirl and attack on my back and I screeched in total shock and surprise with underlying tones of amusement. I am impressed that a 4 month old Sphynx kitten has figured out how to get me to roll over quickly so he can nurse my neck. :LOL:He ended up in time out unfortunately for him.:Smile:

Attachments

• Dinka 037.jpg
    Dinka 037.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 37

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Not something most new owners want to hear- but if you don't think a 10 pound cat nursing on your neck sounds fun- DON'T indulge the habit now! Not what I'm usually warning against- usually rough housing and getting scratched/bit, but eh- works here too.

Super cute though, but I'd stop tolerating the habit now. When he's a grown boy- you don't want him throwing temper tantrums because he can't suck on your neck- and no, as long as you let him- he won't grow out of it.

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
Haji used to nurse himself alot - never me thank dog!
To break him of the habit (he was 6-8 months at his worst) i held his held gently away from his body so he could suck on nothing. I actually would use the sheet to kind of mummy his head from his body, because he was always right next to me when he did it.

He either got pissed at me and left the bed, or I would fall asleep again until it woke me up the next time (it was nearly always at night).

My guess is he learned that sucking no longer became pleasurable around me, so he stopped doing it. It took a few months, but i think it was worth it.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You are right and I am trying. Each time he does it it is time out in his bed, in his room, with the door shut.

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
As with any relationship/child/pet whatever initially is cute and awesome becomes intolerably annoying further down the road lol.

ie when a kid zerbert/rasberries food when you are feeding him, at first its cute. then its like FFS! STOP!

or a bf who jokingly licks your face to surprise you when watching tv. its funny at first then you want to slap him

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Had a great nights sleep - soo restful. I then noticed the HICKIES on my neck. He took advantage again and we were doing so well.:Angry:

Back