Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Meet Ari & Uzi

saintbabby

Lairian
Ari is the black girl, Uzi is the black tortie girl. Here are some links to the abeitagatos website where theres a bunch of pictures posted. Enjoy, please! Let me know what you all think about my color/gender choices! :D
Black girl:
http://abeitagatos.com/Newborns.html
Black tortie girl:
http://abeitagatos.com/Newborns6.html

Today, I put down a deposit today for the two little beasts. I can't wait to start nesting for them before they come home with me!!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love them.
I am getting another sphynx.
The breeder is showing her this weeend and if she likes to be shown I will get her.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I want another sphynx too. You guys are making me jealous. Butterball is white so I figured on getting a little black monkey cat. Just like Ari and Uzi.

Wow, that's really cool how the cattery has photos of all the kitties they adopted out.

saintbabby

Lairian
i know right? and let me just say that Theresa at Abeitagatos is the only breeder I contacted who treated me respectfully, answered all my questions, and did it ALL right when I extended interest in her babies. Nothing to hide! Some of the other breeders I emailed (I sent inquisitive emails to about half a dozen breeders all over to test their responses) seemed to be insecure about their breeding practices. at the mention of a visit, they all just dropped contact and mysteriously disappeared. Theresa though? In her first response to the email I sent her, she asked for my phone number to call me and talk more. She called me this last sunday and we talked eachothers ears off about this whole situation. We discussed what she had, what I wanted, and whether I would want them now or later, and what it would be like to adopt from her. I told her about my situation with the other breeders I contacted, then she said she thought that was fishy too, and that theres always a fair share of people in breeding just wanting to make a buck, without much interest in having genetically sound, healthy kittens that meet breed standards. Basically, shes absolutely a pro by all accounts. I am so pleased to do business with her, and I can't waaaait to go out to meet my babies and take them home with me! that will probably be around November, so I have plenty of time to nest my house before they arrive.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I had the same problem with fishy breeders. I didn't end up getting Meecho from the breeder but did contact her once I got Meecho and she has been the best. She shared with me all kinds of information as well as all the info on Meecho up until I got her. Luckily there is only one month of her life missing while she was with the orginal people who purchased her. Because the breeder was so great and we still keep in contact I know I'll end up getting another baby from her when it's time. I just can't wait until that day comes :Laugh:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Man, I think I was lucky with my breeder. She was the one and only breeder I contacted. She answered all my questions and even sent a care package for Butterball. She lived in Ohio and even offered to let me visit and spend the night. I used to work for an airline so I could have flown for free. But, I never found a good time so she took care of all the travel arrangements and I picked up the Ball at the cargo area for Continental. Butterball didn't ride in the cargo area that is just where I picked him up. But if I had to rate my breeder on a scale from 1-10, 10 being the best, I'd easily give her a 9 or 9.5. Anyway, for anyone interested here is her web site. Groovy Sphynx

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
lol that is where sanura came from !!!!! she is a wonderful breeder and does answer all your questions i will have to agree with Elgatoloco a 9.5 . that means that butterball and Sanura are related so to speak :Laugh:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Your babies are adorable! :Adore: I'm with kallie, it's tough for me to see pictures of baby sphynx...they are just so darn cute, I want to bring them ALL home!

Brooke

Banned
Ari is the black girl, Uzi is the black tortie girl. Here are some links to the abeitagatos website where theres a bunch of pictures posted. Enjoy, please! Let me know what you all think about my color/gender choices! :D
Black girl:
Black tortie girl:

Today, I put down a deposit today for the two little beasts. I can't wait to start nesting for them before they come home with me!!

OMG!! They are so precious!!

PitRottMommy

Banned
Black girl:
Black tortie girl:

Congrats!! You will love babies from Theresa. They're fantastic and have the best personalities!!!! Uzi and Ari are both out of the same mother of Baldwin, Buck and Buffy (Contesa).

PitRottMommy

Banned
I want another sphynx too. You guys are making me jealous. Butterball is white so I figured on getting a little black monkey cat. Just like Ari and Uzi.

Wow, that's really cool how the cattery has photos of all the kitties they adopted out.

We're on there with Baldwin. Eventually I'll have to send updated info on Buck and Buffy (they were previously Dexter and Juno, their page is right by our own).

PitRottMommy

Banned
i know right? and let me just say that Theresa at Abeitagatos is the only breeder I contacted who treated me respectfully, answered all my questions, and did it ALL right when I extended interest in her babies. Nothing to hide! Some of the other breeders I emailed (I sent inquisitive emails to about half a dozen breeders all over to test their responses) seemed to be insecure about their breeding practices. at the mention of a visit, they all just dropped contact and mysteriously disappeared. Theresa though? In her first response to the email I sent her, she asked for my phone number to call me and talk more. She called me this last sunday and we talked eachothers ears off about this whole situation. We discussed what she had, what I wanted, and whether I would want them now or later, and what it would be like to adopt from her. I told her about my situation with the other breeders I contacted, then she said she thought that was fishy too, and that theres always a fair share of people in breeding just wanting to make a buck, without much interest in having genetically sound, healthy kittens that meet breed standards. Basically, shes absolutely a pro by all accounts. I am so pleased to do business with her, and I can't waaaait to go out to meet my babies and take them home with me! that will probably be around November, so I have plenty of time to nest my house before they arrive.

Totally why I recommended Theresa. She's an open book. She'll even put you up for the night if you drive out or fly out to visit. She's happy to pick you up from the airport and bring you back to her place. She's a wonderful breeder.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratulations (x2!) on your kitties they are precious!

That's awesome that you are getting 2. I'll be getting my first in October and I have a feeling I'll want another! I'm having such a hard time waiting.

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
You know the thing that really impressed me, besides how good looking the babies are, was the quality of the pictures! That deffinatley says something about the time and energy they put into the site and probally likewise with the care of the kittens.

saintbabby

Lairian
You know the thing that really impressed me, besides how good looking the babies are, was the quality of the pictures! That deffinatley says something about the time and energy they put into the site and probally likewise with the care of the kittens.

i thought of that too. whats cool is that when she first called me to talk about her babies etc, I asked if the pictures on her website were updated recently and said..... well no they werent terribly recent. so, literally moments after she got off the phone with me, she immediately took those pictures and sent them to me in an email. that's dedicated! seriously, within 5 mins of hanging up, i had fresh pictures of my little darlings!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had a problem with a breeder before I got Cleo.
I met her in person and everything was fine from March until August.
We emailed each other all the time and after they were born she wrote then she started ignoring me.
So then someone I know on another cat site got Cleos breeder.
It worked out great.
Yesterday I was emailing a lady but it did not work out.
Today I wrote another breeder and she knows all the good breeders.
I picked a seal/white kitten and she will beworth the wait.

Brooke

Banned
I had a problem with a breeder before I got Cleo.
I met her in person and everything was fine from March until August.
We emailed each other all the time and after they were born she wrote then she started ignoring me.
So then someone I know on another cat site got Cleos breeder.
It worked out great.
Yesterday I was emailing a lady but it did not work out.
Today I wrote another breeder and she knows all the good breeders.
I picked a seal/white kitten and she will beworth the wait.

M2M, Geez, it sounds like you've had a string of bad luck with breeders! What happened with the 2 females you were looking at yesterday? Did that breeder back out, too? It sucks to keep getting your hopes up, but I'm sure it will work out for the best. We're crossing our fingers and paws for you...I love the seal/white ones...blue eyes?? So cute!

PS - Give Cleo a big giant birthday hug from Walter and Helen!! :Celebrate:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The lady did not have a health guarantee.
I have to be careful.
Good thing I asked the questions.
The seal/white does have blue eyes.
Cleo is right here on the sofa kneading a blanket and purring.
Purrs from her to your cats.
There was no problems with Cleo except the weather.
It was to cold to send her the first two times.
her breeder was careful and everything was good.

Back