Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Meet the newest member of our fam, Snafu

QwertysMama

Lairian
The breeder that sold us Qwerty had another litter in May. We've been looking for a playmate for Q for a while. I work from home but sometimes he has more energy than I can entertain.
When I saw this little boy was available I squee'd and told the breeder to put a hold on him. He'll be ready to come home on the 20th and I'll be flying down to LA to pick him up.

Without further ado: Snafu!!
snafu1.jpg

snafu2.jpg

snafu3.jpg

Can anyone make any recommendations about introducing a new kitten to the family? Qwerty is almost 2 years old and Snafu will be 3 months old when we bring him home. They are both neutered. Any advice is greatly appreciated as we've never had more than 1 cat at a time.

Bella07

Banned
Aawww, he is so cute! His face even looks wise in a way :)
As to introding Snafu to Qwerty, here is a really great website. It helped me, so I hope it helps you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Housecat

Lairian
He's gorgeous!! Bet you can't wait to get him home!
I'm sure everything will be fine. I have five cats now and they normally all settle within a few weeks of introducing them without any major disrutions.

susi794

Staff member
He's gorgeous! Remember to isolate him in a seperate room for at least a week--you can alternate rooms so Qwerty can get Snafu's scent. Qwerty will know he's there....then introduce slowly and under supervision. It should be fine!

QwertysMama

Lairian
Aww thank you all for the awesome advice and kind words!
I can't wait to bring him home and for Q to have a buddy.

It's so funny, I posted this same thing on another NON cat forum I go to and there are dozens of responses, 90% of which are "EWW OMG WHAT IS THAT? Kill it with fire! It's not done yet, put it back in"

lol
:LOL::LOL:
So, youre either a sphynx person or you're not lol

It's so funny, I posted this same thing on another NON cat forum I go to and there are dozens of responses, 90% of which are "EWW OMG WHAT IS THAT? Kill it with fire! It's not done yet, put it back in"l

I had a lady yesterday ask me what happened to Gable's hair. "It has no fur! Why does it have no fur? What is wrong with it?" SI tried to explain he is a Sphynx and about the breed to which she cut me off and said "Ewww. Cat is ugly." I really wanted to tell her that her husband probably hears similar comments about her...

It really offends me when people call my cats ugly and say negative things about them.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I had a lady yesterday ask me what happened to Gable's hair. "It has no fur! Why does it have no fur? What is wrong with it?" SI tried to explain he is a Sphynx and about the breed to which she cut me off and said "Ewww. Cat is ugly." I really wanted to tell her that her husband probably hears similar comments about her...

It really offends me when people call my cats ugly and say negative things about them.

LOL The lady at the drive thru the other day had the same reaction to Snuffie but once I told her she was a hairless Sphynx she was like "oh yeah" and was all about her and started saying how cute she was. I love when they have positive responses, I've never had anyone be mean to my face, just thru photos online. lol

Back