Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

MingMing's epic journey?

ariena

Lairian
I finally tracked down the breeder on the TICA paperwork that came with my baby girl, and gave her a call today. Our first revelation? The paperwork that came with her is, in fact, he mothers. Not hers. Whether or not MingMing is registered remains to be discovered. However, this also means that Mingming is NOT two! She may still be a kitten, depending on how old her dame was when she had her.

The breeder who supplied her Dame is based in Wisconsin, while MingMing's breeder herself lives in Florida. My roommate (who I bought her from when she decided she didn't like her) is in Virginia, and that is where she showed up on Craigslist, and came into our lives...

The breeder in Wisconsin is sending me Mingming's breeder's information for me to find out more about what happened. She already told me that the dame's first litter had a lot of eye problems and that, yes, MingMing probably lost her eye to herpes or something of the like. :/ We were told that "another kitten in her litter scratched it."

From what I've heard so far, MingMing's had a tough life. I'll be updating on this thread as I find out more about what led her into my arms. Where she WILL stay. No matter what happened to get her here, MingMing's found her forever home <3

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am hoping it is not the breeder I think it is.
But to many things sound lie what happened to my sister.

ariena

Lairian
I am hoping it is not the breeder I think it is.
But to many things sound lie what happened to my sister.
See, I'm trying to find out right now. I have all of the breeder's info, but I don't like to go spreading around names online till I've found out the entire story. Could you PM me the breeder who you've have some trouble with?

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian
Wisconsin sold Ming-Ming's Mom to Florida and sent her papers along. Correct?

Do we definitely know that Florida bred the litter of kittens that MM is from?

If Ming-Ming showed up for sale in VA and the VA person is not the same as the Florida person then a few different things might have happened. VA bought the kitten from Florida and Florida sent the Dam's papers in error to VA...who then resold Ming-Ming with the wrong papers to your roomate.

OR

Florida sold MM's DAM to VA and sent along her papers as she should have. VA could have raised Ming-Ming's litter if the dam was sold already bred (In this case would Florida still be listed as the breeder since she "bred" the litter but somebody else delivered/raised the kittens? or would VA have to go down as the breeder of record?). OR VA could have bred MM's Dam with one of her own boys and been responsible for the litter from conception to placement. In this case VA would have made the mistake and sold Ming-Ming to your roomate with the wrong papers.

Regardless if Florida or VA bred/raised/sold Ming-Ming's litter, I'm VERY SUSPECT of anyone who claims the wrong papers were sent as a "mistake" with Ming-Ming. No longer having the correct papers for MM's Dam means that she is no longer valuable as a breeder, she can't be resold w/o her papers, not as a breeding Queen. Is it possible that MM's Dam is deceased or was petted out w/o papers? Whoever had both this Queen, her papers and the kitten for sale that we now know as Ming-Ming could have made an innocent mistake (again, I'm suspect) or could have intentionally used the Queen's papers with the kitten for sale to increase the kittens value/asking price. Essentially, IF something shady transpired, you should also be prepared to learn that the papers in question belonged to a cat that might not even be related to Ming-Ming. (ie take papers from a cat who no longer needs them and slap them on a cat who has none to make some $).

I'm actually giving myself a headache now...but also consider that maybe the Queen on the Papers and Ming-Ming were living at the same cattery. If Ming-Ming was placed as an older kitten/young adult and the cattery owner had poor record keeping, then maybe MM just got sent along with the wrong Queen's papers. There could be a cattery (FL or VA) using the Queen listed on the papers...but with MM's papers in their records. Less shady to me, but scary that anyone might not keep acurate breeding records.

These are just my ramblings and not meant as accusations in any way!

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I finally tracked down the breeder on the TICA paperwork that came with my baby girl, and gave her a call today. Our first revelation? The paperwork that came with her is, in fact, he mothers. Not hers. Whether or not MingMing is registered remains to be discovered. However, this also means that Mingming is NOT two! She may still be a kitten, depending on how old her dame was when she had her.

The breeder who supplied her Dame is based in Wisconsin, while MingMing's breeder herself lives in Florida. My roommate (who I bought her from when she decided she didn't like her) is in Virginia, and that is where she showed up on Craigslist, and came into our lives...

The breeder in Wisconsin is sending me Mingming's breeder's information for me to find out more about what happened. She already told me that the dame's first litter had a lot of eye problems and that, yes, MingMing probably lost her eye to herpes or something of the like. :/ We were told that "another kitten in her litter scratched it."

From what I've heard so far, MingMing's had a tough life. I'll be updating on this thread as I find out more about what led her into my arms. Where she WILL stay. No matter what happened to get her here, MingMing's found her forever home <3

I also am waiting for the regiatry on George and we got him months ago!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

:Dizzy: I think I got lost somewhere between Wisconsin and Florida. I hope it all works out, no matter what her journey was it was obvious she was meant for you and she is very lucky for that.:Smile:

EmbraceMonChat

Lairian

:Dizzy: I think I got lost somewhere between Wisconsin and Florida. I hope it all works out, no matter what her journey was it was obvious she was meant for you and she is very lucky for that.:Smile:

A friend of mine swears that a cat KNOWS where it belongs. I believe this is true. Ming-ming knew where she needed to be even if she had to take the loooong way there. :Smile:

Back