Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My amazing Haji

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
You may know that I often take Haji to the nursing home that I work at as the Director of Rehab.

Haji was with me last Saturday at work for a fund raiser car wash and while I caught up on work.

We went for a walk around the unit. I keep Haji's stroller open as it is wheelchair height, Haji feels safe, and people can easily reach in to pet him.

We pull up to a new patient - a woman with end stage brain cancer who is also bald from chemo.

Haji immediately hopped out of his stroller and right onto her lap!
I was so surprised because it's pretty unusual of him to do that!

Now, Haji is friendly, but he's not one to just sit on someone's lap - he usually sits on the foot or side of someone's bed but mostly prefers to chill in stroller.

Even though Haji can be such a trouble maker (remember the flood he caused?), I love him so much because he just touches my life and he lives of others just by being him.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
And some people say that animals can't think or that animals don't understand. They may not be able to speak but stories like Haji's continue to prove those people wrong. Oh, cats know and understand far more than the average person gives them credit for, I'm firmly convinced of that.

Thank you for sharing this. I believe that animals are extremely intuitive and understand far more than many people realize.

We had horses and mules growing up and anytime I was sad and would go down to the barn they would come over and console me with their warm muzzles and just let me bury my head in their necks.

My Sphynx are the same. I have been going through some rough patches with my teenage daughter and have been extremely upset. A couple of times when I went upstairs for a good cry, Gable would come into my room and just sit with me. He knew I was upset and he would not leave my side.

As Susi stated, I am honored to be owned by these wonderful creatures. I cannot see my life without a Sphynx.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
ha, that little numskull. Has he caused any trouble lately? He hasn't burned down the house yet has he?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I totally agree animals have a sixth sense of things going on....

I hope Haji gave some comfort to the lady...thats a nice story..thanks for sharing.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
That's great! It looks like he may have touched others lives as well!

Last edited:

Inferno12

Banned
Awe...Im not sure how I missed this post. One of my best friends died of brain cancer. I have a wonderful picture of her when she was in one of her sleeping for weeks stages and she is laying on her back with a peaceful look on her face and her daughters cat is laying right next to her under the covers. She hated cats all her life until she got sick because her daughters cat was with her all the time.

This was an awesome story and im so sorry to hear that she passed away

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
what a wonderful story. it's amazing how animals know just what people need :)
Sounds like he's a care taker just like his momma.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm sorry to read that Barb has passed on. I hope Haji isn't upset when he goes to the home and finds she isn't there anymore.

Back