Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My fiiends Sphynx is due today!!!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

She is the one whose cat reaborbed her kittens.
Well right after that she got preg and she is due today.
She has been leaking fluid.
I am so happy for her.
She lives in Canada.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How exciting!! SHe must me so excited! Hope she has a easy labor and happy healthy kittens!

PitRottMommy

Banned
It's not exactly the most responsible of things, having her breed right after having a complicated pregnancy. Hopefully she does much better this time. Keep us posted M2M.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

I will let everyone know.
She had them blood typed and they are not compatable so the kittens will not be allowed to nurse at first.
One is type a and the other is type b.
My friend does not believe she was preg the first time.
She thinks a vet made it up so he could profit.
There was a ultrasound though and I asked to see it.
Sami I know you would be able to tell if she was really preg then.
I can also but the vet never gave it to her.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Hope all is well with them? But I must say if she had them blood typed and they are not compatable and she thinks she already had one bad pregnancy why would she breed them again? Also the vet did not let her see the ultra sound? Time for A new vet.
When Athena is pregnant I don't only see it I am given A copy without even asking.
I do not want to sound harsh as I know she is your friend but I just don't get it.:Question:

PitRottMommy

Banned
But I must say if she had them blood typed and they are not compatable and she thinks she already had one bad pregnancy why would she breed them again?

My question is why she would breed them in the first place. Neonatal isoerythrolysis is one good way to end up with an entire litter of dead kittens, not to mention the risk it poses to mom.

The ultrasound is a diagnostic tool, legally the vet must keep it on file for 5 years. Therefore, your friend should have access to it at all times, M2m.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

She had them blood typed a few weeks ago.
I know she should have done it before the cat was preg.
The vet was dumped.
She also offered me a kitten and I turned it down.
I will try to push her to get the ultrasound from the first vet.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good luck to your friend M2M. The fact is she is due to deliver and that cannot be changed so may it be a safe and joyful experience.

susi794

Staff member
Is she going to foster the kittens with another lactating queen? Or is she going to hand feed them? How long do they have to wait before they can nurse from their mother? If no baby nurses from mom, does the colustrum just go away? I know you have to seperate, but was never really sure how delaying the nursing makes the colustrum go away.
Good luck to them...hand feeding is grueling work.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She is going to bottle feed them for a few days.
It must go away because the vet said they can nurse 2 days after they are born.
No kittens yet.

PitRottMommy

Banned
Is she going to foster the kittens with another lactating queen? Or is she going to hand feed them? How long do they have to wait before they can nurse from their mother? If no baby nurses from mom, does the colustrum just go away? I know you have to seperate, but was never really sure how delaying the nursing makes the colustrum go away.
Good luck to them...hand feeding is grueling work.

The antibodies are in the colostrum, Susi. And, yes, milk begins being produced about 24 hours after delivery. 2-3 days following birth the kittens should be able to nurse from mom. That being said, there are still some kittens who will deal with neonatal isoerythrolysis. It's more wise to bottle feed or to hand rear the kittens with another queen doing the busy work.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
One kitten was born so far.
Our baby arrived safe and sound!! Around 5:45 labour started, and 6:30 the baby was born. Baby is a black and white tuxedo, a sweet little girl :)

Back