Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My mother...

Treespirit

Lairian
I told her we filled out an application to adopt a Sphynx and she said, "They are kind of ugly."

I worked at a shelter where we adopted our Boston Terrier from. Everyday I heard people walk past him and say how ugly he is and wonder why anyone would adopt him. Well, myself and many many more people think Boston Terriers are beautiful...the same goes for hairless kitties. So :Impish: I was in love with our dog from the moment I laid eyes on him. :Adore:

J

Jinxlover

You will get that all the time..People are rude, I guess they don't understand that these are(or will be) our MUCH loved pets...Some people just let it roll off but it makes me MAD:Angry:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

My sister and brother think my sphynxs are ugly and they have been called names in the waiting room at the vet also.
Ignore the name calling.
BTW my sisters bf was looking at Boston Terriers.
They might get one.

Debbie

Lairian
My family has said the same thing to me about the sphynx being ugly. I just tell them they are not the ones that will live with her and if they no longer want to visit me they don't have to.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have found that most say what they think but when they actually meet them their attitude changes!! For instance today we had a friend of my hubbys come over and he kept saying how strange looking he was. Well Snuggles climed up on his shoulders and was rubbing all over his face!! He was in shock! :LOL::LOL:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes, sphynx are incredible about winning people over! I mostly get the "she's so ugly she's cute" comments.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I also have a BT!! They are the smartest and most loyal dogs I know. Rowan is super obedient and very outgoing. She is super sweet and such a cuddle bug. I had another BT before I got her named Riley....she passed away from a brain tumor at the age of 10. After she died I realized just how much I missed the snorts, snores and gas!! LOL:LOL::LOL:
I guess some people could call me crazy, but I love the BT and will never own another breed of dog!! I love the picture of yours!! He is very handsome.

Treespirit

Lairian
Yeah, I do hate the "ugly" comments, but at the same time I don't see at all what they are talking about. So, all that matters is what I see. ^_^

Yeah, I've heard the "so ugly they're cute" comments about French Bulldogs...so I guess it goes for BTs too.

And as for BTs and the snorting and the gas! Oh gosh! Don't get me started. :Dizzy::Badly2:

And I am sure, TanyaT, that these cats have an amazing talent for winning people over. No doubt about that in my mind. :BigSmile:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
And I am sure, TanyaT, that these cats have an amazing talent for winning people over. No doubt about that in my mind. :BigSmile:

Totally true! one of the guys I work with has met Mug-Y and goes around telling the other "he may look weird in the pictures but he's great when you meet him"...I think it's a compliment!

X

for_serious

Lairian
Totally true! one of the guys I work with has met Mug-Y and goes around telling the other "he may look weird in the pictures but he's great when you meet him"...I think it's a compliment!

X

Haha yeah my boyfriend thought I was crazy for paying so much for a cat I could "get for free." He gave me a hard time for four months before I got him. Now I can barely hang out with him at my house because he's so busy with the kitten. I'll be talking to him only to realize that he's staring at Keano smiling and not listening to a word I'm saying. He actually visits the kitten when I'm not home and tells everyone he knows how great the kitten is. It's so funny how they win people over.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think your dog is beautiful, I love all dogs and all cats.......but not many people (Usually those who don't like animals!)! :LOL::LOL::LOL::Hysterical:

Treespirit

Lairian
I think your dog is beautiful, I love all dogs and all cats.......but not many people (Usually those who don't like animals!)! :LOL::LOL::LOL::Hysterical:

Aw, thank you. I think he is beautiful also(of course).
Me too too(about like animals more then people). Haha! My boyfriend doesn't quite understand how I can communicate with our dog so well.

Maggie's mom, I want to see a picture of your "bug". I can't imagine what he/she looks like.

Yeah, I'd like to see that as well. I've heard of "bugs" before, but I don't think I've ever seen one. I cannot even imagine either. Would love to see him.

Back