Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My naked family just got twice as big!

Brooke

Banned
I was going to wait until I got them to post, but I'm too excited and I have to tell everybody before I BURST!!

I just adopted two more naked kitties!! :LOL::ThumbsUp::Laugh::Surprise:

Photos attached. Nelson is the tux boy and Mandy is the Tortie girl. They are 2 years old and coming home on Saturday!

...is it Saturday yet?

Attachments

• Nelson and Mandy 008 (Small).JPG
    Nelson and Mandy 008 (Small).JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Nelson and Mandy 021 (Small).JPG
    Nelson and Mandy 021 (Small).JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Nelson and Mandy 022 (Small).JPG
    Nelson and Mandy 022 (Small).JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 69

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:ThumbsUp: YAY! They are adorable!!!!!! I just got good news... Neumann can come home anytime so hopefully next weekend he will arrive! We were going to go camping before we got him but we are just going to cancel the camping trip!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats to both of you.
They are very cute!!!!
I have news also.
The breeder said I can get my new sphynx the 2nd week of Sept.
We are going to So Cal next week to get my sisters sphynx.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Oh my god Brooke you have some naked family! Congrats!!! :ThumbsUp::Laugh: there great looking sphynx!!!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to all of you, Brooke do you ever stop looking for new kittys? How did they come about, what is there story?:ThumbsUp::Smile: oh yeh and I forgot, you are nuts:Surprise::Whistle: just kidding but please tell us the story

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's awesome! Congrats! I hope Saturday comes quickly for you. I am still having a heck of a time waiting til Oct for my baby.

They are beautiful kitties! :ThumbsUp:

Brooke

Banned
Congrats to all of you, Brooke do you ever stop looking for new kittys? How did they come about, what is there story?:ThumbsUp::Smile: oh yeh and I forgot, you are nuts:Surprise::Whistle: just kidding but please tell us the story

Okay, I will admit, I don't ever stop looking for new kitties...but I think I will take a break after this weekend! (I keep telling people I'm going to stop at 4, but for some reason nobody believes me.)

Anyway, I'm a member of the Yahoo Sphynx Rescue Group, and these two were posted on there by a wonderful breeder three hours from me on the opposite coast of Florida. They were owned by an older gentleman who was breeding them and giving the kittens away. I guess he got sick of breeding or overwhelmed or whatever, and dropped them off at the SPCA. SPCA had them spayed/neutered and vaccinated, and then the breeder adopted them and set out to find them a good home.

Nelson, the tux boy, I'm told has a very outgoing and lovable typical sphynx temperament. Mandy, the tortie girl, is more shy and reserved. She's very dependent on Nelson so the breeder insisted that they be adopted together as a pair. (Ok, twist my arm!!)

And, remember they are 3 hours away on the other coast of Florida? Well, it just so happens that the breeder's Grandmother lives 10 minutes away from me - so she's going to drive the kitties over on Saturday and visit her Grandmother. The whole thing worked out perfectly and was totally meant to be!

She also tells me Nelson has been around her other cats and has been great, so I don't anticipate problems introducing them to Walter and Helen. Walter will probably just pout for a couple of days like he did when Helen came home. But Nelson is going to make an awesome playmate - he'll be able to keep up with Walter!! :LOL:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Brooke, congrats on the new additionS to your family. I like the photo where Nelson is kissing Mandy...it's obvious he's devoted to her!

k9closet

Lairian
I am so excited for you Brooke!
They are absolutely precious. The little girls eyes melted my heart! :Adore:
Cant wait to see more pictures when they are home with you!!

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Brooke that's so awesome, I'm so excited for you and it's just so meant to be. I aspire to be just as spontaneous as you, when I have a place of my own!:ThumbsUp:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brooke

Banned
Brooke that's so awesome, I'm so excited for you and it's just so meant to be. I aspire to be just as spontaneous as you, when I have a place of my own!:ThumbsUp:

haha...some would call it spontaneous, others say I'm just a big SUCKER! :LOL::Wink: Perhaps its a little bit of both...

Last edited by a moderator:

PitBullLove

Lairian
Awwwwwwwww........ how awesome! I'm jealous! lol It's all I can do to avoid any sort of rescue forum or I'd explode trying not to add to my zoo! lol

RuthArt

Lairian
that is so sweet that you are taking them both (I did that 15 years ago with 2 sisters....yeah, arm twisting did it!!)

they look lovely....someday I would like to have a tuxedo sphynx....I love tuxedos, have an 18 yr old and decorated my kitchen black and white because of him!!!

Saturday come quickly!!!

hugs

Brooke

Banned
that is so sweet that you are taking them both (I did that 15 years ago with 2 sisters....yeah, arm twisting did it!!)

they look lovely....someday I would like to have a tuxedo sphynx....I love tuxedos, have an 18 yr old and decorated my kitchen black and white because of him!!!

Saturday come quickly!!!

hugs

Well, Ruth, it could happen sooner than you expect. You may be surprised to hear that I adopted my very first sphynx in August last year. (sadly, he passed away in March) Now, Saturday, just over a year later, I am welcoming numbers 4 and 5!! :LOL: They really are addicting!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ruth,
Janice has more litters on the way and you already talked to her.
Mabe you can get one.
I got Cleo last Dec and I am getting my new sphynx soon.
You can never have just 1 sphynx.
They are like potato chips lol.
My Cleo is a Tuxedo Sphynx.

selah59

Lairian
Well, Ruth, it could happen sooner than you expect. You may be surprised to hear that I adopted my very first sphynx in August last year. (sadly, he passed away in March) Now, Saturday, just over a year later, I am welcoming numbers 4 and 5!! :LOL: They really are addicting!

Congrats on the new addition...I know all about addicting!:Sweat: We got our first:Laugh:, went back for #2:Smile:, a couple of months later added #3 and #4:Wink:. Few months later added #5:Dizzy:. Tragically, #1 died of cardiomyopathy:Angry::Cry:. A year later added the cornish:Dizzy: then a year later added #6!

This has been quite the adventure. Love the breed. Nothing quite like a nekkid kid!:Hysterical:

Enjoy your little ones!

lovinsphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
That's okay you can join my crazy cat lady club lol :LOL: and it's so true that once you have one you have to have more it's called sphynx law :Laugh:

Back