Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Ozzy Gotcha Weekend

gojennings

Lairian
Firstly, the Lair isn't letting me post new albums for some reason, so I'm linking to my Facebook albums for photos (please let me know if you can't get to them). Links:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151876656453024.1073741837.825853023&type=1&l=8e32002107
And
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151880116443024.1073741838.825853023&type=1&l=93a0f7cbd3

My husband and I left Virginia and headed to NY Saturday morning. We took our time and skipped the toll roads, meandering through Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey before making it to our hotel on Long Island around 7pm. We stopped midday in Gettysburg, PA for lunch, went to a great little farmers market and stopped to see some monuments and a battlefield.

When we got to the hotel, we were too tired to go out anywhere, so we ordered pizza and had it delivered to the room. OMG! There is just no pizza better than NY pizza... it was DELICIOUS! And we had salad and garlic knots which were fantastic! YUM!

The next morning, our breeder (the same one we got Winky from; PM me if you want info) met us at the hotel with my new baby, Sir Osbald von Kreacher! One look and I was in love with my little Ozzy! What a sweet, playful little personality he has! He warmed right up to my husband and me, never crying or fussing. Truly love at first sight for me!

Heading home on Sunday afternoon, we stopped for a visit with the wonderful Lairian, Goldhazel! Robin and her husband so graciously invited us to her home and fed us a delicious lunch, complete with NY bagels (also the best! They told us it's the NY water!), lox, smoked sabel, cold cuts, apple pie for dessert and more! They have a lovely home, and she gave us toys for my kitties and sent us home with bagels and treats. I was so thrilled to meet her beautiful boys, Liam, Grayson and Simon. Boy are they great looking cats! Grayson was especially sweet, letting me pet and love on him! We also enjoyed her sweet poodle babies. Oh yeah, we met her son, too... really nice guy! Thank you again, Robin and Brian, for having us in your home and for such a fun afternoon. I enjoyed it more than I can say!

Since we didn't leave NY until 5:30 or so, we took the quickest way home (ugh, toll roads) and made it home about 12:30 am. Even though we attempted a couple litterbox stops, poor little Ozzy had a pee-pee accident in his carrier. No bother though, I had baby wipes and an extra blanket. :)

Winky and Dobby are definitely NOT fans of the new baby yet. They have been in a state of perpetual "pissed-off-ness" since we got home. They growl and hiss at Ozzy, at each other, at us... just plain mad. I know they will get over it eventually... Ozzy is really chill about it. He just ignores them and goes about his day. LOL! He sleeps right up next to me on my arm and gives me kisses on my face and arm all night. Such a little lover! I'm trying to give the girls extra love and kisses, but they are pretty mad at me right now. Dobby jumped up on my chest a couple of times in the middle of the night, hissed at Ozzy and jumped down. It was kinda funny. :cat:

All in all, a fantastic weekend! Here are a couple more photos of my new baby.

Laura

9779131874_a09b8c595e_c.jpg

tumblr_mt9usmqaH81qz7g08o1_500.jpg

Calicocious

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! She sure does breed some sweet tempered kitties! I'm sure everyone will get along in time.

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Your baby is gorgeous! Sounds like sibling rivalry to me. They will get used to him pretty soon. I worry about Pinky & Yoda when I get their new little sister.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Firstly, the Lair isn't letting me post new albums for some reason, so I'm linking to my Facebook albums for photos (please let me know if you can't get to them). Links:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151876656453024.1073741837.825853023&type=1&l=8e32002107
And
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151880116443024.1073741838.825853023&type=1&l=93a0f7cbd3

Heading home on Sunday afternoon, we stopped for a visit with the wonderful Lairian, Goldhazel! Robin and her husband so graciously invited us to her home and fed us a delicious lunch, complete with NY bagels (also the best! They told us it's the NY water!), lox, smoked sabel, cold cuts, apple pie for dessert and more! They have a lovely home, and she gave us toys for my kitties and sent us home with bagels and treats. I was so thrilled to meet her beautiful boys, Liam, Grayson and Simon. Boy are they great looking cats! Grayson was especially sweet, letting me pet and love on him! We also enjoyed her sweet poodle babies. Oh yeah, we met her son, too... really nice guy! Thank you again, Robin and Brian, for having us in your home and for such a fun afternoon. I enjoyed it more than I can say!

Winky and Dobby are definitely NOT fans of the new baby yet. They have been in a state of perpetual "pissed-off-ness" since we got home. They growl and hiss at Ozzy, at each other, at us... just plain mad. I know they will get over it eventually... Ozzy is really chill about it. He just ignores them and goes about his day. LOL! He sleeps right up next to me on my arm and gives me kisses on my face and arm all night. Such a little lover! I'm trying to give the girls extra love and kisses, but they are pretty mad at me right now. Dobby jumped up on my chest a couple of times in the middle of the night, hissed at Ozzy and jumped down. It was kinda funny. :cat:

Laura

OMG, Laura, you gave me such a great review that you almost sold me on going to my house for the day and for lunch! Then I realized I already live here! LOL You and Tracy are super down-to-earth people like us and that's why we hit it off so well...besides having sphynx love bugs in common. :)
I'm telling you, your review was just too much. Thank you so much.

Sorry that Ozzy had a pee pee accident in the car and sorry that your girls are not happy campers right now. I'm sure it will all calm down soon and everyone will be snuggling together.

Ok...my turn:
Laura and Tracy are down-to-earth wonderful people. My husband and I didn't get enough of them on Sunday. We only let them leave when they did because it was getting late and we knew that they had a long trip ahead of them. Ozzy is so, so precious and one of my poodles (Maggie) didn't want Ozzy to leave. She was in the process of adopting him as her new baby. :) Seriously, not joking. :)
Laura and Tracy brought us the BESTEST peanuts in the world. We can't stop raving over these Virginia peanuts. Haha, my mouth is watering as I'm typing this. :)
They also gave me an exquisite place mat for a kitty's food/water bowls. It looks like it's an embroided piece of art. Last night Brian and I decided not to put it down on the floor for food/water bowls, but to frame it and hang it up on a wall as a piece of art. It's so beautiful, we love it too much to watch it get food crumbs and water all over it. LOL

You have to come back here, Laura, I forgot to put the watermelon out! LOL We must get together again and again, Laura, you are stuck with me for life. oxox

By the way, I laughed so hard when I read that Dobby jumped on your chest a couple of times during the night. Sorry, I was not laughing at you, but with you. :)

gojennings

Lairian
OMG, Laura, you gave me such a great review that you almost sold me on going to my house for the day and for lunch! Then I realized I already live here! LOL You and Tracy are super down-to-earth people like us and that's why we hit it off so well...besides having sphynx love bugs in common. :)
I'm telling you, your review was just too much. Thank you so much.

Sorry that Ozzy had a pee pee accident in the car and sorry that your girls are not happy campers right now. I'm sure it will all calm down soon and everyone will be snuggling together.

Ok...my turn:
Laura and Tracy are down-to-earth wonderful people. My husband and I didn't get enough of them on Sunday. We only let them leave when they did because it was getting late and we knew that they had a long trip ahead of them. Ozzy is so, so precious and one of my poodles (Maggie) didn't want Ozzy to leave. She was in the process of adopting him as her new baby. :) Seriously, not joking. :)
Laura and Tracy brought us the BESTEST peanuts in the world. We can't stop raving over these Virginia peanuts. Haha, my mouth is watering as I'm typing this. :)
They also gave me an exquisite place mat for a kitty's food/water bowls. It looks like it's an embroided piece of art. Last night Brian and I decided not to put it down on the floor for food/water bowls, but to frame it and hang it up on a wall as a piece of art. It's so beautiful, we love it too much to watch it get food crumbs and water all over it. LOL

You have to come back here, Laura, I forgot to put the watermelon out! LOL We must get together again and again, Laura, you are stuck with me for life. oxox

By the way, I laughed so hard when I read that Dobby jumped on your chest a couple of times during the night. Sorry, I was not laughing at you, but with you. :)
Hugs to you, my new bestie!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
And

My husband and I left Virginia and headed to NY Saturday morning. We took our time and skipped the toll roads, meandering through Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey before making it to our hotel on Long Island around 7pm. We stopped midday in Gettysburg, PA for lunch, went to a great little farmers market and stopped to see some monuments and a battlefield.

When we got to the hotel, we were too tired to go out anywhere, so we ordered pizza and had it delivered to the room. OMG! There is just no pizza better than NY pizza... it was DELICIOUS! And we had salad and garlic knots which were fantastic! YUM!

The next morning, our breeder (the same one we got Winky from; PM me if you want info) met us at the hotel with my new baby, Sir Osbald von Kreacher! One look and I was in love with my little Ozzy! What a sweet, playful little personality he has! He warmed right up to my husband and me, never crying or fussing. Truly love at first sight for me!

Since we didn't leave NY until 5:30 or so, we took the quickest way home (ugh, toll roads) and made it home about 12:30 am. Even though we attempted a couple litterbox stops, poor little Ozzy had a pee-pee accident in his carrier. No bother though, I had baby wipes and an extra blanket. :)

All in all, a fantastic weekend! Here are a couple more photos of my new baby.

Laura

9779131874_a09b8c595e_c.jpg

tumblr_mt9usmqaH81qz7g08o1_500.jpg
I updated Lairian's albums to 3 albums and 25 photos per album. As you move up in the rankings it adds albums. ;)

Embracing-Joyx4

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds like such a awesome trip. Glad all went so smooth. My anastazia pee pee 3 xs like a fountain LOL. Right on back seat right in my lap and again. ;) I hope I get a chance to meet Ms. Patti she is the closet to me when hubby gets his white elf. I'm going to look you up to Goldhazel ;) congrats on your baby ozzy ladies.

Back