Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My poor sweet Jack (RIP)

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It really surprised me when I first saw this sad announcement on your Facebook page. So, so sorry to hear about Jack...he sounded like a wonderful kitty who left this earth way too soon. :Cry:

Nair Bare

Lairian
Life can seem so cruel when we lose one of our beloved critters. I'm sure you were so close to Jack that when you cried, he could taste the salt. But try to remember Jack is only a thought away and deep within your heart. May you soon find peace and comfort.

Treespirit

Lairian
I am so sorry for your loss. :Cry: I know all too well how hard it is to lose a loved one too soon. When you become overcome with sadness of it, it is often helpful to talk about it, especially with the people here who can understand how you are feeling. ~hug~ I trust Jack is at peace, and you can find some comfort in that. I'm certain that you will experience things that make you think of him and in those times you will know he is with you.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
OMG, I just got onto the lair this morning and saw this, I'm so so sorry Marna! I'm shocked and devistated you lost your baby boy! I hope you realize this is NOT your fault, you're a wonderful momma to your babies, but accidents happen, especially when we allow visitors over that may not understand or be able to comprehend how important things like closing doors are. I lost my last little ferret that I'd nursed back from an abandoned rack of ribs I found in a parking lot, I had to leave town for a few days and I came back to find my roomate who was suppose to be taking care of him had just barely glanced at his food and water but hadn't actually made sure he was okay the entire time. When I got back he was laying in the bottom of his cage covered in diarrhea barely alive, after 3 days in intensive care trying to save him he also went to the bridge. I know you do everything you can to keep your babies safe and healthy, but sometimes things out of our hands happen. (((((HUGS)))))) Take care of yourself and your other babies!

Alice and I are sorry for your loss. I know that we never actually met him, but I know that you loved him and just take comfort that he had a good life because of you and he loved you very much.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
oH mARNA SWEETHERT DON'T BLAME YOURSELF - IT IS WHAT IT IS. JACK WAS LOVED BY YOU SOOOOOO MUCH AND YOU DID NOTHING WRONG. HEAVEN CHECKS THEM IN WITHOUT GIVING US NOTICE. MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU.

Inferno12

Banned
Im so sorry for your loss. He was gorgeous and reminds me a little of Johnny. My heart hurst for you. Johnny and I are sending love your way

firehillqueen

Banned
I know you will hold Jack in your heart forever. Everyday I miss my Singe and Sweet Du more than anyone knows. I still weep at night in longing for my dear lost boys. The other kittens I have help fill up my bruised heart.. but they aren't Singe and Du. Of course, they are their own sweet little selves. And the wishing I had... if only I had... Why didn't I.. fill me with regret that no one can ease. I know it wasn't my fault, but my heart wishes there was something I could have done. I understand and feel for you sweetie.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Marna, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine your loss and how your heart must be breaking. I have had pets all my life and loved them, but there is something about these wonderful little critters that you can't explain. Why do they mean so much to us? I don't know but they do. I know Jack had a good life with you and when you get you get to the Pearly Gates he will be there to great you. Because in my humble opinion, there can't be a heaven without sphynx.
Oh my gosh - I feel the same.

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My sweet angel Jack crossed the rainbow bridge this morning. He has been very ill for 3 days and all his systems were shutting down. His temp was only 92. We suspect he got something toxic. The only thing I can think of is my elderly parents did not shut the back door tight one day last week and he and Maizie were outside for awhile. (I wasn't home). I think he may have gotten hold of something. I will miss my sweet boy and am wore out from sobbing.

I am so sorry to hear this. One eyed Jack was always one of my favorites among the kitties at Sphynx Lair.

Back