Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

need help with anatomy and physiolgy course...?

danimcd

Lairian
hi everyone...
i'm trying to go back to school for to get a B.Sc.N.
up here we have a second entry program for people who alread have a degree, so i can fast track and get it in 2 instead of 4 years.
i only need to complete this one anatomy and physiolgy course on my own as a final prereq.... but i have issues grasping a few things.

i have a course assigned "tutor" but she doesn't help me very well... she just says "re-read the chapter" all the time... :Dizzy: and even though i may be able to recite the entier text i may not grasp it completely... which means when it comes to assignments and putting things together i am having a difficult time.

i have a final on jan. 31st and i was wondering if there was anyone here who i may be able to help me out with a few questions from time to time...??
i dont need you to be a nurse or a dr., just anyone who has a good understanding of anatomy and physiology would be great!

i did aweful on my last exam... and i am pooping my pants right now :Badly::Struggle:

thanks everyone!

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry I'm not very good at either but you can always post the questions and see if we can help.

Jennifer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sorry Friend, Can't help you here. But if you have a nutrition question, I may be able to help you.

holly_savage

Banned
Feel free to ask me if you want. I don't have any degrees but between Greg and I we are a font of mostly useless information. lol

We'd be happy to help in anyway we can

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Something I found REALLY helpful when taking anatomy and physiology (the latter I took 3 times...LOL...****ty teacher though)
was the "Anatomy colouring book" and the "physiology colouring book".
They cost prob $25 new but you can get them 2nd hand and no one colours the whole thing anyway. I may even have a copy in my thrift store if you're stuck.
They are great if you are a visual learner, which I am. The physiology colouring book is great for explaining a concept with just one page!!
I even got the "pharmacology colouring book" the next year..LOL

Adventures of A Naked Cat

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Dani, I commend you on your efforts. Just remember that pain means growth. Forge ahead to better your life. The rewards are waiting for you. Illium and tidia are just words - find the association - the pictures if you are a visual learner.:Smile:

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We can put our heads together when you need help. I am a pre-nursing student. I took A&P I last semester and heading into A&P II next week :Cool:.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I'm glad to see you have got your bases covered. I have a degree in clinical laboratory medicine but haven't taken A&P course in too many years to admit. :Wink: Like Holly, I am a font of random and rarely useful knowledge.

I love the coloring book concept. What a great tool for visual learners.

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi! I am a BSN, & I would be happy to help anyway I can!:ThumbsUp:
-I meant to ask if your final is cumulative. If so, this does present more of a challenge. I would suggest you gather your notes, divide them into segments & read over each set of notes thoughtfully, looking up anything that it not clear to you. Then, a couple days before the final, read over ALL your notes one last time. This was useful for me while I was in college, especially since I did not have much time to study - I worked part-time & had six (yes, 6!) kids at home, plus I had to help out with our livestock (several beef cows, a couple of pigs, & a pony):Dizzy:. If you have never used this method, it might be worth a try.:ThumbsUp: Let us know how we can help!
-My husband gave me a tip that also worked well for me with anxiety about tests - he told me to concentrate on learning & understanding the info & not to worry about "getting the right answer'!
-(I'm on a roll!:LOL:) One last tip- get enough sleep the night before the test & eat a good breakfast!
-I LIED! I do have one more tip! Many colleges that use multiple choice exams- there is a good chance that of the four possible answers, you will find one STUPID answer, one WRONG answer, & TWO POSSIBLE CORRECT ANSWERS - you must choose the MOST correct answer!

Last edited:

bean406

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
-I meant to ask if your final is cumulative. If so, this does present more of a challenge. I would suggest you gather your notes, divide them into segments & read over each set of notes thoughtfully, looking up anything that it not clear to you. Then, a couple days before the final, read over ALL your notes one last time. This was useful for me while I was in college, especially since I did not have much time to study - I worked part-time & had six (yes, 6!) kids at home, plus I had to help out with our livestock (several beef cows, a couple of pigs, & a pony):Dizzy:. If you have never used this method, it might be worth a try.:ThumbsUp: Let us know how we can help!
-My husband gave me a tip that also worked well for me with anxiety about tests - he told me to concentrate on learning & understanding the info & not to worry about "getting the right answer'!
-(I'm on a roll!:LOL:) One last tip- get enough sleep the night before the test & eat a good breakfast!
-I LIED! I do have one more tip! Many colleges that use multiple choice exams- there is a good chance that of the four possible answers, you will find one STUPID answer, one WRONG answer, & TWO POSSIBLE CORRECT ANSWERS - you must choose the MOST correct answer!

Wow to working, raising 6 kids, and farming!! You are hardcore!! I am single with no kids (well I guess I can now count Lilo) and work part-time and still find A&P to be a tough tough class!!

danimcd

Lairian
yay thanks everyone! i haven't checked back much today as i hoped to! i have gotten a bit of info from a member so far...

so far i am trying to answer a question about interferons... ugh... so i am gathering as much info as i can first before i put out the questions... im using wikipedia as a general place to start with furthering my knowledge and then progressing from there so more acedimic sites and books!!

and no it isn't cumulative, but there is about 40% of the course is on it ...
so over the next few days i am going to be buried in the books for the most part...
and when i run into problems i will write my specific questions here... i don't want to be too general with my questions...

thanks so much everyone!!!
this place is amazing!

maxtmill

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow to working, raising 6 kids, and farming!! You are hardcore!! I am single with no kids (well I guess I can now count Lilo) and work part-time and still find A&P to be a tough tough class!!

I enjoyed A&P - it was microbiology that brought me to tears! Statistics was not fun, either!:Dizzy:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm a respiratory therapist and am really good when it comes to heart, lungs, and airways. Just ask away.

Back