Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New bully again....

J

Jinxlover

A friend of mine that knows someone that works at the local pound called me and said that they had a nice little Pit bull girl that was going to get euthanized(sp) b/c here time was up. They only keep them for 3 days, 3 DAYS how do they expect them to find homes in 3 DAYS!!! She knew I was sad about not getting the other girl and though I might want this girl. She is a little black girl around a year old. They told me the black ones never get adopted, no one wants them:Cry:. I want her... She gets spayed tomorrow and I can pick her up at 5...

She came in with her sister, I'm afraid she wont get adopted:Cry: and I could not take them both..

I will put up a few pics she's hard to see b/c she's black..

Attachments

• P1060223.jpg
    P1060223.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 33
  • P1060222.jpg
    P1060222.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 36
  • P1060221.jpg
    P1060221.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 32
  • P1060220.jpg
    P1060220.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 33

ckutkuhn7

Banned
OMG!! Those adorable take me home eyes!!!! She is gorgeous! She reminds me of a dog I had as a child "Digger" was his name. He was a stray that wondered up that never left. lol He was one of the greatest dogs ever. He was a pit boxer mix or maybe rot and pit,,we were never really sure but he was the greatest. Congrats on your new girl! She is gorgeous!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
She is just so cute!
I just can not get over the 3 day thing?? What the heck is that about, thats not even enough time for a check up, a bath, and some food.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats to you, and Yay for her!! I can't wait to hear what you name her, and see what Floyd thinks, lol.

We have a rescue group here devoted to black dogs only because they are so hard to find homes for, I wonder why?? She is a beauty!

J

Jinxlover

I don't know why!?!? I was thinking the same thing. Nothing wrong with black. When I'm looking for a pet ,color is the last thing I look at. Everyone has a color the like but would you pass on a great dog just b/c of color? Not me..

They told me at the pound that if there wonderful black dog and a misbehaving colored dog in the same room, the colored one will get adopted every time...

Oh her name is Zoe!!!!! My 8 year old picked it...

Treespirit

Lairian
I've heard that black dogs are invisible in shelters, such a shame.

Hope her sister finds a home too :Cry:

That's true.

So it's great that you've adopted one! I hope her sister finds a loving home also. It's so wonderful that there are loving homes out there for these often misunderstood sweeties.

J

Jinxlover

Here is an article I found about black dogs in shelters, I hope it's ok to post

Black Dog Syndrome

Funny enough, the dog on their home page is not black! It's a blue heeler!! Go figure, lol

OMG!!!! Now I'm crying like a baby..
My hubby will be sending you a nasty email, b/c now I'm going to have to adopt a house full of black dogs....

You know whats funny when I told my mom she said " why did you get a black one?"..:Cry:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Here is an article I found about black dogs in shelters, I hope it's ok to post

Black Dog Syndrome

Funny enough, the dog on their home page is not black! It's a blue heeler!! Go figure, lol

Oh how sad, but so true. I've been told it even happens with cats too. A friend who volunteers at a local shelter tells me black kittens are usually the last ones in the litter to be picked (except during Halloween, then they aren't allowed to be adopted).

Back