Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Here

Debbie

Lairian
Hi my name is Debbie and I have just started my search for A sphynx and I found this forum.
I have spoke to A few breeders but have not decided on one yet. I think I am looking at A 12 hour drive either way but that is ok with me. One breeder will not ship and one will but I don't mind the drive I work 3 long days A week and I am off 4 so I will have the time.

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome! I think you'll find this site invaluable.

I'm Mike and my sphynx's name is Butterball. I've posted about a thousand videos of him in the video section. Good luck with your sphynx search!

Here's a quick picture.
picture.php

Debbie

Lairian
Thank You that picture is wonderful. I can't wait to have one of my own. I hope to have her by the end of the month. I am reading all the information here to help me decide. I am so glad to have found this.

Brooke

Banned
Welcome, Debbie! Best of luck in your search. You're going to love being owned by a sphynx. I cannot express the importance of finding a reputable breeder, and you'll find tons of information on this forum about what to look for in a good breeder. Most of all, find one that scans all of their breeding cats yearly for HCM, spays/neuters kittens before leaving the cattery and keeps them until at least 12 weeks of age, tests for FIV and Feline Leukemia, and offers a health guarantee in addition to a genetic health guarantee...among other things - use the search bar above and you'll find all the info you need! :ThumbsUp:

If you have questions about a particular breeder, you cannot mention their names on the forum, but you can PM members privately for advice. If you have any general questions about the breed - we're all here to help!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Welcome to Sphynx Lair.
You may pm me about breeders also.
HCM scans are very important.
My 3rd sphynx is coming on sat.

Debbie

Lairian
I am not sure what the real name for the color is but one is light color like A cream and one is white with some grey. I have not seen them in person yet only in pictures so it is very hard. I want to make sure I am sure before I take the drive.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love the creams and whites! I am getting a cream in May!! Right now I have a Seal Point.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Debbie and welcome to Sphynxlair! Good luck! Cant wait to see some pictures when you get your Sphynx!:Laugh:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome Debbie! Sphynx are the best companions. You will love having one in your family.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Hi my name is Debbie and I have just started my search for A sphynx and I found this forum.
I have spoke to A few breeders but have not decided on one yet. I think I am looking at A 12 hour drive either way but that is ok with me. One breeder will not ship and one will but I don't mind the drive I work 3 long days A week and I am off 4 so I will have the time.

Welcome to the Lair!!!! Where abouts in NC are you from? I'm currently in Ohio but i'm from New Bern, NC on the east coast. Goodluck in your search and cant wait to hear more about your adventures on searching.

Back