Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Sphynx mom from AZ

EdieSample

Lairian
Hello everyone! My name is Edie (E-dee, not Eddie, I am a girl) and I'm from Chandler, AZ. I just picked up my new seal point male Sphynx last Saturday (his name is Ziggy).. he is 4 months old now, my boyfriend and I found him locally when he was one week old so it has been a long wait for us to bring him home!

I also share my home with 6 adopted/rescued cats (Oslo, Neko, Tiffany, Leah, Dennis, and Abby). I have worked as a veterinary assistant at a small animal clinic and for an equine practice and after completing 2 years in community college I'm transferring to ASU this semester for their new pre-vet program.

Just an introduction from me, I'm excited to see whats happening on this forum and to learn about these cats!

DSC00006.jpg

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Edie glad you joined us! Your boy is very cute! Best of luck in school, our daughter is only 11 but hopes to be A vet someday:ThumbsUp:

EdieSample

Lairian
Thanks everyone!

pitrottmommy - I did not make his sweater (I wish I was that crafty!), it was the only one small enough for him at Petsmart, he is so tiny now that I think I'll wait until he gets larger to start looking into getting him more sweaters. I will check that link you posted right now.

I am about 90% sure that I will just be getting my bachelors in pre-veterinary science and calling it quits after that, I've thought about becoming a veterinarian but I do not think it is for me, I really enjoy assisting

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to Sphynx Lair.
I love your sphynx.
I have always wanted a solid or pointed sphynx but no one ever has show quality when I look.

PitRottMommy

Banned
Thanks everyone!

pitrottmommy - I did not make his sweater (I wish I was that crafty!), it was the only one small enough for him at Petsmart, he is so tiny now that I think I'll wait until he gets larger to start looking into getting him more sweaters. I will check that link you posted right now.

I am about 90% sure that I will just be getting my bachelors in pre-veterinary science and calling it quits after that, I've thought about becoming a veterinarian but I do not think it is for me, I really enjoy assisting

That's a problem that I had. And where I sit right now. I'm only a few years away from my DVM degree but I love doing what I do right now. If I could manage a daytime emergency medicine job, that would be the best for me. I've spent 6 of the last 8 years in daytime medicine and really don't prefer it over emergency medicine...that's really my calling. I love the fast pace.

ETA: I have the capability of making a sweater for a growing cat that should fit anywhere from a 4-9# cat. Size is only limiting for a non-stretchy yarn. Once you get into more stretchy yarns, his growing won't really matter that much. For the record :)

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Edie and welcome to Sphynx Lair!
Thats a handsome looking fellow I must say. Hope you enjoy the site, please feel free to ask questions or give comments, and share pictures of your handsome guy (kitty that is!).
thanks for joining Sphynx Lair!:Laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome! You have a beautiful little boy and I love the name :BigSmile: Enjoy him when he's that small. When I got Meecho I would buy her xxs sweaters and she would literally walk right out of them. I was so worried she was going to be small her whole life and now she's HUGE. Ok maybe not huge but certainly bigger then the box of baby wipes I used to compare her size with when she was little :Laugh: Now I wish she was still small again..it happened so fast :Cry:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Edie-

Ziggy is adorable! I like the Tumblr page. That's a great idea.

I recently visited Chandler for the first time- I have a good friend that lives there. I'm from Mass and it was my first visit to the west. I didn't want to leave - its so beautiful there!

-heather

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome aboard this is a great site, with a very comfortable setting! Your new little man is sooo handsome. Please keep us posted on the fun kitten adventures that you have. Ziggy is a great name, perfect fit!

Back