Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New to Lair/Out of state adoption

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome Well I have 3. Got my first, a flame point boy with blue eyes, in Northern California. Breeder lived a couple hours north of Sacramento where I lived so I met my boy a month before I took him home. He's light and shows dirt A LOT. So be ready to bathe a light kitty more often. He's very affectionate. He kneads me but I've never had my other 2 do it.

My 2 girls, a seal point with blue eyes and a black with yellow eyes, I got from breeders within a couple hours of me after I moved to Missouri. My seal point girl
has been pretty timid but I have seen her coming out of her shell lately. She's also picky won't eat anything but her cat food (no treats or people food) and only uses a certain litter box. My other 2 love cat treats and try to steal people food all the time. My other girl is very outgoing and active.

Jennifer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I went out of the country to adopt. My breeder was great and connected to her cats, plus the distance was close as well. When the time comes, I will go back to her.

I see many animals on petfinder that need homes and they sit there forever. When I inquired about a pet, the shelters always tell me they don't adopt out of the city limits, state or country! Don't they want these amimals find loving homes?

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I see many animals on petfinder that need homes and they sit there forever. When I inquired about a pet, the shelters always tell me they don't adopt out of the city limits, state or country! Don't they want these amimals find loving homes?

That is so true! They automatically reject many people who are more than qualified to offer eminently suitable, loving homes based solely on where they live. And it's sad, because the ones who suffer for it are the kitties.

Back