Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

OMG!!

Brooke

Banned
I just started my holiday weekend, going to be home for the next 4 days just me and the kitties and nothing else to do (I'm not complaining, I've been looking forward to this) but...MY TELEVISION JUST BROKE!!!

Suddenly sitting at home alone for the next 4 days sounds like a really, really bad idea. :Cry:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yikes, Brooke...I can relate. About a month ago I was having issues with my Direct TV hook-up, so my TV wasn't getting the satellite signal. I called Direct TV, but the soonest they could get a technician out to fix the problem was several days later! I had to go without TV for four days! Needless to say, my fiance wasn't happy that he had to miss his favorite sports channels during that time.

Then the day the technician shows up, the TV FIXED itself!!! Boy, was I pissed that I had to take four hours of leave from work to wait for this guy for nothing!

PitRottMommy

Banned
I just started my holiday weekend, going to be home for the next 4 days just me and the kitties and nothing else to do (I'm not complaining, I've been looking forward to this) but...MY TELEVISION JUST BROKE!!!

Suddenly sitting at home alone for the next 4 days sounds like a really, really bad idea. :Cry:

You can come enjoy Thanksgiving with us. My grandmother (80 someodd years old) decided she's serving Ham and Turkey this year...and no one told me until recently...it's the Cold Cut kind. lol.

I'm making a German Chocolate Cake from scratch and my sister is making an Apple pie (we're driving in from all over the state). Next year: Thanksgiving at my house.

Brooke

Banned
You can come enjoy Thanksgiving with us. My grandmother (80 someodd years old) decided she's serving Ham and Turkey this year...and no one told me until recently...it's the Cold Cut kind. lol.

I'm making a German Chocolate Cake from scratch and my sister is making an Apple pie (we're driving in from all over the state). Next year: Thanksgiving at my house.

Cold cuts?!? :LOL::LOL::LOL: uh...does Grandma have cable TV? I just might.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You can always fly to california and watch me show Wrinkles this weekend lol.
We are staying home tomorrow even though we were invited to my brothers which is 3 hours from here.
My husband would have a fit if the tv went out or the dish.
He must watch his football games.
He is already mad cause the cat show and no football for himon sat/sun.

Brooke

Banned
You can always fly to california and watch me show Wrinkles this weekend lol.
We are staying home tomorrow even though we were invited to my brothers which is 3 hours from here.
My husband would have a fit if the tv went out or the dish.
He must watch his football games.
He is already mad cause the cat show and no football for himon sat/sun.

Ooh! Good luck, Wrinkles!! Some friends of mine were showing here last weekend but I didn't go. How did you convince your husband to go to shows with you?

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Play some board games :) kitties love board games especially with stuff they can mess with :)

Brooke

Banned
Holy crap, guys!!

I was just on my knees messing with the TV, pressing all the buttons over and over trying to get it to come on, Mandy was sitting on the couch watching (she doesn't like to get involved), Nelson was standing on his hind legs with his front paws on the screen, Walter was standing on my back. Then Helen made a little grunting noise and waddled around to the back of the TV and moments later I pressed the power button and the TV came on! I got up and walked around to the back of the TV and Helen was standing there looking up at me with all the wires around her. :LOL:

I had already disconnected and reconnected all the wires, so I don't know what she did back there, but it worked!! :Celebrate: Helen saved Thanksgiving!

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Great job, Helen!

Brooke, maybe you could hire her out so the rest of us don't have to rely on the cable company to come fix our problems! :LOL:

PitRottMommy

Banned
Holy crap, guys!!

I was just on my knees messing with the TV, pressing all the buttons over and over trying to get it to come on, Mandy was sitting on the couch watching (she doesn't like to get involved), Nelson was standing on his hind legs with his front paws on the screen, Walter was standing on my back. Then Helen made a little grunting noise and waddled around to the back of the TV and moments later I pressed the power button and the TV came on! I got up and walked around to the back of the TV and Helen was standing there looking up at me with all the wires around her. :LOL:

I had already disconnected and reconnected all the wires, so I don't know what she did back there, but it worked!! :Celebrate: Helen saved Thanksgiving!

Just you wait. Walter is going to fart and blow the TV back to broken again. Best to keep him away from the electrical stuff. You might not even get microwaved mac n' cheese this Holiday season.

I'll bet he's been saying "Bah! Humbug!" for a few days now before the TV went out on "unexpectedly".

Brooke

Banned
Just you wait. Walter is going to fart and blow the TV back to broken again. Best to keep him away from the electrical stuff. You might not even get microwaved mac n' cheese this Holiday season.

I'll bet he's been saying "Bah! Humbug!" for a few days now before the TV went out on "unexpectedly".

hmm...he and Mandy have been spending an awful lot of time on top of the cable box...

And to think I bought him a big tub of raw turkey for Thanksgiving! Little ungrateful you-know-what! Good thing Helen was lookin' out! :LOL:

Brooke

Banned
Great job, Helen!

Brooke, maybe you could hire her out so the rest of us don't have to rely on the cable company to come fix our problems! :LOL:

Yes, I'm already thinking this could be my next business venture! Do you think homeowners will have a problem with nudity? (just hers, I plan to wear a uniform)

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes, I'm already thinking this could be my next business venture! Do you think homeowners will have a problem with nudity? (just hers, I plan to wear a uniform)

I love this website, the threads are just so random and always go off on weird tangents.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

susi794

Staff member
Holy crap, guys!!

:ThumbsUp: Woohoo, Helen! Atta girl!

PitRottMommy

Banned

I wouldn't pay for anything less than the full monty. :LOL:

You can see why Jason feels inclined to fix everything around here. :Wink:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Glad the tv is fixed before Helen stepped in and helped I was going to say it is A good thing there ae lots of tv's on sale friday! Extra turkey for Helen!!!!

Brooke

Banned
Glad the tv is fixed before Helen stepped in and helped I was going to say it is A good thing there ae lots of tv's on sale friday! Extra turkey for Helen!!!!

Are you kidding? I wouldn't have lasted until Friday! I would have been out tonight trying to buy a TV! :LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
The things we have learned to not live without its amazing. I would have died because I have to watch the parade in the am (total nerd I know) I just love it! It's the only time no one in the house fights me for the tv they know it's A must if they want to eat!:Surprise:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Helen is the best!!! My TV sometimes doesn't work because of a crappy component cable. The sound works but the screen is green. I have a FIT- I turn it on/off on/off on/off like a crazy person til it works again!

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow you have now made me realize just how far out in BFE I really live...There is no Cable in our town...Satlight is the only way you are gona see anything other than PBS...WOW and to think I thought I was Normal???? Oh well I will survive..

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Wow you have now made me realize just how far out in BFE I really live...There is no Cable in our town...Satlight is the only way you are gona see anything other than PBS...WOW and to think I thought I was Normal???? Oh well I will survive..

Oh Harley don't worry, what is normal to one may not always be to another!:Laugh:

CoolSphynx

Lairian
Holy crap, guys!!

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Helen may be the smallest, but I'm convinced she runs the show around there. This post and your Scooba story sealed my theory. She probably wanted to watch the cat DVD. And if Mama Helen ain't happy, ain't no body happy.

Back