Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Opps... surpise!! Girl, not Boy!!

marilyn

Lairian
So the whole time I was making payments on my sphynx my breeder had her listed as a boy. The day i found out that "He was a Girl" was the same day my breeder was driving to the airport to ship my cat. lol Its a very big surpise indeed!! So its NOT Diesel, it's Sophia.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
LOL Oh dear! As long as she still makes you happy! Did they call you to tell you before she aarrived?!

susi794

Staff member
:LOL: I've heard this once before....the breeder also thougt it was a boy...turned out to be a girl :Smile:
That was me...and I still have a hard time believing I did that--I can see missexing when they are tiny, but I don't know how I ever managed not to see boy bits. But that was during the time everything was so terribly crazy here...still don't know how I made such a mistake!

gizmo6370

Banned
That was me...and I still have a hard time believing I did that--I can see missexing when they are tiny, but I don't know how I ever managed not to see boy bits. But that was during the time everything was so terribly crazy here...still don't know how I made such a mistake!

Lol :LOL: i have forgot about that one....then i've heard it twice :LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So the whole time I was making payments on my sphynx my breeder had her listed as a boy. The day i found out that "He was a Girl" was the same day my breeder was driving to the airport to ship my cat. lol Its a very big surpise indeed!! So its NOT Diesel, it's Sophia.

Wow, what a surprise. At least you knew about it before hand and weren't caught off guard when you took 'him' to the vet. Sophia is a lovely name. I knowyou are going to enjoy her.

Too bad. I liked Diesel. Very manly and strong name.

Diesel is a great name. Maybe you can use it when you get Butterball a brother.

Look how far you've come...now you are the site's unofficial expert on feline testes. :Wink:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Haha, it's like the Dr seeing a boy on ultrasound then you get a girl in the delivery room, surprise! but still good! lol

marilyn

Lairian
LOL Oh dear! As long as she still makes you happy! Did they call you to tell you before she aarrived?!

They called me on their way to the airport. I told them to still send her. She makes me very happy, and does cute things that make me laugh. lol:BigSmile:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well I think she is just so adorable! I do love that name, in fact iv'e been thinking all day about how Sophia may have to become a strong choice for if I have a girl when my baby is born!

marilyn

Lairian
Well I think she is just so adorable! I do love that name, in fact iv'e been thinking all day about how Sophia may have to become a strong choice for if I have a girl when my baby is born!

Awww.... Sophia is a cute name. Have you figured out what you are going to do with your cats? They are so cute, When i had my daughter i gave my cat away to a new home. At the time my cat wasen't a sphynx, but he was a tabby cat with alot of hair. I was hearing rumors about how cats get into cribs and lay on the baby's face. It scared me big time and diden't want to take the chance. That was a hard decession for me at the time so i kinda have a idea of what you are going though.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awww.... Sophia is a cute name. Have you figured out what you are going to do with your cats? They are so cute, When i had my daughter i gave my cat away to a new home. At the time my cat wasen't a sphynx, but he was a tabby cat with alot of hair. I was hearing rumors about how cats get into cribs and lay on the baby's face. It scared me big time and diden't want to take the chance. That was a hard decession for me at the time so i kinda have a idea of what you are going though.

No I'm still not sure yet exactly what I will do. I have to take Lola to the vets on friday for her annual vaccines so I may disscuss my situation with them and see if they can suggest anyone who can help or something I can do to find them new homes in a safe way. It is very hard because I just want the best for them, I love my cats as we all do.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
, I was hearing rumors about how cats get into cribs and lay on the baby's face. .

I have had multiple cats all three times I had a baby and EVERY time my mom told me that they would smother my baby, and I was horrible to have cats with a baby in the house. All three of my babies grew up un smothered, lol. A lot of older people I know do really believe this though, and are adament that it is true. It scared me with my first baby, but after that I relaxed a bit! lol

Bella07

Banned
Sophia is such a pretty name! Congrats on your new baby girl!
It must have been meant to be that you have a little girl in your home.

marilyn

Lairian
No I'm still not sure yet exactly what I will do. I have to take Lola to the vets on friday for her annual vaccines so I may disscuss my situation with them and see if they can suggest anyone who can help or something I can do to find them new homes in a safe way. It is very hard because I just want the best for them, I love my cats as we all do.

For sure!! I Agree with you. Hopefully the vet can help you. Good luck

Back