Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pedda gets groomed at PetSmart

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yesterday I needed distraction so Pedda had to suffer for it. She got dragged off to PetSmart. She suffered her first indignity when she had to sit in a cart. You can see that she's blaming me for not getting her a pet stroller so she can be styling like the more fortunate kitties here.

She decided to make the best of a bad deal. Here I attempted to once again show her what a real live mouse looks like. It remains to be seen whether or not this lesson had any effect.

Then I saw the grooming station and remembered the thread here that wondered whether or not anyone had taken their kitty to a groomer. So I decided to give it a test run. Poor abused Pedda! She wasn't happy with this turn of events.

First off, they needed proof of her rabies vaccination. Luckily she'd gotten her shots updated on June 1, and since I tend to shove stuff in my purse and worry about it later (usually months later) the certificate was handy.

The cost came to $31 for bath, cleaning ears, and trimming nails. The groomer was great with handling her and was very gentle from what I could see. But she didn't do the greatest job of cleaning a sphynx. The wrinkle under Pedda's chin still had brown oil in it, and the oil around her paws was still there. Her butt still had some dirt on it. Her ears had been cleaned but she didn't do a good job at all, I cleaned all the little folds properly when we got home. She did do a really nice job of trimming the nails, they were cut to the proper length and sharp edges were nicely filed down. The grooming took 35 minutes from start to finish.

All in all I really wasn't satisfied and probably won't spend $31 again to let someone else do my grooming.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hehe but by the time I got out of there the day ended up costing me $80! I think it was worth it. Though Pedda says I could have bought a stroller and taken her for a walk for less than that.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I love these pictures!

Pedda looks very apprehensive in the first shot. Almost like, "What's going on? Why I'm I here?" as she starts to become worried that you have tricked her into something.

I'm afraid your plan to introduce her to mice may have backfired. I'm pretty sure she wants a pet hamster now.

And in the last shot she is definitely shooting you the evil eye death glare for making her go through the process with the groomer.
"Thanks a lot Maaa...oooom" <insert snooty tone of voice, eye roll, and head toss>

Thanks for sharing your outting. Pedda may not have been thrilled, but I got a good chuckle.

Last edited:

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That Pedda. She looks so disgusted with you. Thank you for sharing the outing - I got a good chuckle out of it.:LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Great story!:ThumbsUp:
First off I love the shove things in your purse part:LOL::LOL::LOL: who would just have the rabies paper work with them, thats great.

Second you would think she would have been the cleanest she has ever been after that, I would have said something and asked for a discount or something.:Woo:

ps. You should have just went for the stroller

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Yesterday I needed distraction so Pedda had to suffer for it. She got dragged off to PetSmart. She suffered her first indignity when she had to sit in a cart. You can see that she's blaming me for not getting her a pet stroller so she can be styling like the more fortunate kitties here.

She decided to make the best of a bad deal. Here I attempted to once again show her what a real live mouse looks like. It remains to be seen whether or not this lesson had any effect.

Then I saw the grooming station and remembered the thread here that wondered whether or not anyone had taken their kitty to a groomer. So I decided to give it a test run. Poor abused Pedda! She wasn't happy with this turn of events.

First off, they needed proof of her rabies vaccination. Luckily she'd gotten her shots updated on June 1, and since I tend to shove stuff in my purse and worry about it later (usually months later) the certificate was handy.

The cost came to $31 for bath, cleaning ears, and trimming nails. The groomer was great with handling her and was very gentle from what I could see. But she didn't do the greatest job of cleaning a sphynx. The wrinkle under Pedda's chin still had brown oil in it, and the oil around her paws was still there. Her butt still had some dirt on it. Her ears had been cleaned but she didn't do a good job at all, I cleaned all the little folds properly when we got home. She did do a really nice job of trimming the nails, they were cut to the proper length and sharp edges were nicely filed down. The grooming took 35 minutes from start to finish.

All in all I really wasn't satisfied and probably won't spend $31 again to let someone else do my grooming.

This definitely made me laugh and smile! Thanks, I needed it from the stress about Flare.

Bella07

Banned
I love the pictures! Sorry about your grooming experience, that stinks :ThumbsDown: But, I love Pedda's expression in those photos, she is like, what in the heck is going on here??? Has my mommy gone mad??? :Wink:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
The looks on pedda's face are priceless. But your right, for $80 you could have gotten her a really nice stroller and you could have done her grooming for way less. lol Either way it looked like a fun day,,thanks for sharing!

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You can see that she's blaming me for not getting her a pet stroller so she can be styling like the more fortunate kitties here.

ROFL That's EXACTLY how I ended up with my first kitty stroller!!! I took Blue to Petsmart and he made it clear that he would NOT tolerate a simple old shopping cart! You must have much stronger willpower than me :ThumbsUp:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Not that i'm a pro, and Ilovemysphynx does the bathing, but i think cleaning and getting a sphynx clean is learned by experience of a fewbaths and some scrubbing! But sounds like they did A good job considering they may have never groomed a sphynx!:Laugh:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Love the cat in the cart photo!
Dont feel bad about the cart! Nofuratu has a stroller but we always put him in the cart when shopping just like a real baby and he loves it! Plus he guards my purse!
I always park the cart in front of the birds or mice and he sits there in such deep concentration....lol

susi794

Staff member
Loved the pics and the story! Poor Pedda...she needs a stroller and a pet mouse--she says she already has a pet one of those, but that you wouldn't let her keep it. LOL

Back