Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pic o my neck piercing!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry it took so long I lost my memory card adaptor :Dizzy:

Anyway here's the pic...the bottom one is the new one...two down three to go!!

There's also a pic of my big tattoo in my album...I know that these things aren't to everyone's taste but i like 'em!

X

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OUCH!!:Surprise: Dont get me wrong I used to have my tongue peirced but a neck? ouch. Why the neck if you dont mind me asking? I guess I am getting really old:LOL:

Edited to say 2 down 3 to go? in the same place? I thought it was like the belly button half circle type thing...... hmmmmm

PitRottMommy

Banned
I'll bet the nape piercing wasn't as bad as some others. There's no way I'd ever be able to get my nipples done for this reason. They'd have to pick my body up off the floor after I'd passed out. :LOL:

When I read this title, I was wondering if Mug-y was somehow involved, lol. :Wink::Wink:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
how do they pierce it with just a stud and it actually stay in is what I wonder. i've always thought they were cool and I've sported the nose and tongue ring but gave them up for my job 2 years ago. I never saw how they did the heck like that tho. Looks PRETTY!

susi794

Staff member
There's no way I'd ever be able to get my nipples done for this reason. They'd have to pick my body up off the floor after I'd passed out.

IF, and that is a very big IF, I could have ever even remained standing long enough to overcome my terror enough to enter the piercing place, they would be picking me up off the floor right beside you PitRottMommy! :Dizzy::Woo::Surprise::LOL: I am the "Queen of the Wussies"!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks for the comments!

It actually hurt alot less than my tongue piercing!! :Dizzy:

It's called a dermal anchor and looks like a small piece of meccano with a screw post. They make an incision and insert it under the skin, then screw the jewel top on. The skin then heals round and through the flat metal and post and they don't comeout. It does kind of mean that if I ever have or want to have them removed they have to be removed surgically but i can't see that happening!!

Because of the way they are inserted in the skin you can have them almost anywhere but I just thought that 5 little diamonties in a row will look quite pretty with a backless dress or halter top...:BigSmile:

X

PitRottMommy

Banned
I had the experience of meeting a woman in an evening dress who had a "piercing necklace".

I found this picture: http://www.odditycentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/chain1.jpg to give you guys an idea but this girl's was much lower toward the chest and had a "drop" below where her collar bones joined.

It's not for me, but it was stunning.

BTW, my worst piercing (that I did faint for) was my double helix. It's a double piercing with a spiral ring that is normally used for navels inserted in both holes. I not only fainted, I had a seizure too. My piercing artist and I had a little miscommunication. I was going to have him MAKE the jewelry for the piercing and then do the double piercing and place rings for me to heal it with. Then, I would return (we would autoclave) and set the double helix ring. Well, didn't go like that. Jessie (artist) did his own thing and I wound up with the ring right after doing the piercing. It wasn't very fun.

It was much, much, much worse than having my navel, tongue, nose, tragus and conch done...put together.

100_8496.jpg

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had the experience of meeting a woman in an evening dress who had a "piercing necklace".

I found this picture: http://www.odditycentral.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/chain1.jpg to give you guys an idea but this girl's was much lower toward the chest and had a "drop" below where her collar bones joined.

BTW, my worst piercing (that I did faint for) was my double helix. It's a double piercing with a spiral ring that is normally used for navels inserted in both holes. I not only fainted, I had a seizure too. My piercing artist and I had a little miscommunication. I was going to have him MAKE the jewelry for the piercing and then do the double piercing and place rings for me to heal it with. Then, I would return (we would autoclave) and set the double helix ring. Well, didn't go like that. Jessie (artist) did his own thing and I wound up with the ring right after doing the piercing. It wasn't very fun.

It was much, much, much worse than having my navel, tongue, nose, tragus and conch done...put together.

100_8496.jpg

Love this pic!!! Of you not the guy with the necklace :LOL:

Lulu Bird

Lairian
I never realized you had to get those surgically removed! I always get hell about my teeny septum piercing (my nose is pierced in 3 places). My hair dresser was like "now you just need to take that thing out your nose, you never know when Mr. Right might come walking into the pet shop. You are so much cuter without it." I love her dearly but COME ON NOW - it's just a teeny ring!

I think your new piercing is pretty - but it really only matters what you think. I have a huge back tattoo of a green goddess but I gained so much weight the last few years that I rarely show it anymore.

Thanks for sharing! :ThumbsUp:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
YOU should do it if you want to, it doesn't hurt! It just makes your eye water for a minute. The only hard part about it is not touching it after it's done :Wink:

Totally agree with Lulu Bird!! you should so get it done Jinxlover!! Really it's not that bad...certainly no worse than ear piercing.:BigSmile:

X

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've had my tongue pierced but took it out as it started to scar underneath it. Also had my nose pierced but took that out years ago. The only piercing I have now is a single one in each ear (had 3 in each but let the other two heal up.)

Love your hair, very cute. :ThumbsUp:

tessblack

Banned

100_8496.jpg

That is such a cute pic of the sleeping kittie!

Back