Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Pippin's visit to the lake last Sunday.

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So as some of you may know Pip had her first trip to the lake since there is plenty of shade there. She was only nervous for the first half hour since there were dogs barking and kids screaming. She is officially used to kids screaming and dogs barking now I'm pleased to announce. She had fun interacting with people of all ages including her great grandma. Pip even went into the water for a little bit on her own even though it was cold. She enjoyed climbing on rocks, smelling all the different trees since we were up in the mountains going towards Sonora Pass in California. Pippin decided she wanted to take a stroll before it got too hot and walked all around by the lake on her harness and back up to the b-b-q area we had set up for lunch. She ended up putting herself to sleep when it started getting warmer since I used her great grandma's carrier that she has since it fit her purple bed, so she had her bed her baby and her blanket there for her nap time. All in all she had fun, and was spoiled by everyone. Oh and my grandma who was so against hairless cats even started showing off pictures of Pippin to everyone to my surprise, it made me very pleased since my brother's wife still hasn't warmed up to the idea of me having Pippin even though she has been helping with my anxiety issues. So now for your enjoyment here's some pictures of Pippin at the lake, I didn't get one of her in the water though since I didn't want the camera to fall in the lake so my cousin was holding onto it.
IMG_0247.JPG
IMG_0248.JPG
IMG_0249.JPG
IMG_0250.JPG
IMG_0251.JPG
IMG_0252.JPG
IMG_0253.JPG

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks @Hairless Blessing it just bothers me since she always makes disgusted comments. She never was a cat person, but she gets really rude about Pip when she has never done anything to her. But I can't make somebody change their mind, so I'll just let my brother deal with it since he wants a Sphynx too lol. The first one we ever saw was when we were little, and now that we're both adults he wants one too lol.

GizmosMommy

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh Pip is sooo cute :) I get rude remarks about my Giz all the time. Some times its easy to let roll off my back and other times I can really feel my blood boiling. I just love him so much lol.

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks everyone! Pip had a blast, she got exposed to different smells, different people, and even different animals. I think her favorite part was being able to explore though. She already takes cues from me when on a leash, and knows not to travel too far away. Oh and even better news, she lost a tooth last nigh, and also has both her adult fangs in already! :)

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Jebsmom Pip had a blast, she not only got to explore and play out by the lake, but she also got enormous amounts of attention that she fell in love with. I felt bad since she loves water but of course being up more towards the mountains the water was cold so she only went in for a couple of minutes. Luckily it was a nice day, and not too hot out.

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Embracing-Joyx4 thanks! She was always meant to be an ESA and she really has proven to be the best therapy. Since she's been so well behaved the past week, we took her to see her favorite person outside of the family which is the vet, she absolutely loves him. She likes to visit him when we go to the pet store lol. She even went and got a treat from Starbucks. If you ask them for a small cup of whipped cream they give it to you in a sample cup, so she had her own starbucks lol.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404430099.556128.jpg

FeyAngel

Lairian
Little Miss Pip is so incredibly adorable! I hope I am as lucky with my baby girl Akila as you are with your baby. I would love to get her outside and loving adventure. Silly as it may sound, I never stopped to think about the fact that my sweet little Yorkie girls really did help lessen the intense anxiety issues I deal with. Your post cause me to just have an epiphany and realize that's why it's been so incredibly hard this last month with no animals in the house. I absolutely love the picture of Pip with her very own Starbucks!!! Thanks for sharing! :D

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@FeyAngel I was diagnosed with post traumatic stress disorder or PTSD. The littlest things set off my anxiety and therapy just made it worse. All of our furries are definitely aloof except when Pip came home they started wanting more attention, but since Pip is completely attached to me it helps relieve some of my symptoms. Having pets is actually one of the best therapies you can find, even my doctor encouraged it and my brother who's over in Kentucky now trying to get stationed back in Washington state. One way that it really helped Pip get used to going on adventures is every time we go to the pet store she goes, or even just when we go to starbucks through the drive-thru she goes. With the lake it helped her get used to all the sounds she was terrified of and now she's completely calm around dogs. If you ask for a small cup of whipped cream for your pet they will actually give it to you. I know her eyes got big when she saw since she loves to steal mine lol.

Back