Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Please say a little prayer

susi794

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Aug 23, 2009
Messages
13,556
Points
673
All you can do is the best you can......you need to weigh the options and decide what is best for your baby and your family. Does waiting until spring make it cost more if they get bigger? I think you were wise to try meds first and recheck. It sounds like her health is fragile, so it might be the best option you have. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Maybe the meds will be enough.
 

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2010
Messages
6,201
Points
643
Thank you all for your good vibes. I'm not sure how long I should wait on the surgery if the meds don't improved situation.
Went to see a good friend of mine for his Bday last nite and he has 2 sphynx girls and he said he would take day off to drive up with me in the winter so I wouldn't be alone. I have to weigh that. Because if anything happens I wouldn't be able to drive back home anyway.
So I guess we will see the next few weeks what goes on.
 

elleinad8050

Lairian
Joined
Feb 13, 2012
Messages
203
Points
41
you are in my prayers and so is your brave little sphynx. keep looking at is with the glass half-full and hopefully things improve. the important thing is that from your post it sounds like your sphynx is not phased and is up beat as ever.
 

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2010
Messages
6,201
Points
643
UPDATE:
Had my regular vet take a look at Danser's eye. (Went in because I suspected a UTI and I was right).
Danser has seen her for 10 years so we have a long history. Vet said she could use the laser on her tumors and do a dental at same time for 1/3 the cost of the specialty hospital surgery cost. She can't guarantee how long the tumors will stay away but the eye vet doctor can't either.
My vet is familiar with her heart condition and I trust her. She is wonderful with my animals.
So I am thinking of doing this after the holidays. Gotta get through the next couple of weeks at the store and then my brain can rest a bit.
Again thanks for everyones well wishing for Danser and Loki. Makes my heart glad and I feel so not alone.
 

MyJezebel

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Joined
Sep 20, 2010
Messages
1,191
Points
238
That's great news! Not having to wait so long to do the procedure and getting it done at 1/3 the cost with a vet you trust has to alleviate a bit of your stress. I will be thinking of you and Danser and hoping that everthing goes well.
 
Back
Top